Peter Werner on disunplugged

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've said this before and I'll say it again.

But, I get so tired of the flack people seem so want to give the Tuesday show whenever Pete's not hosting. As enjoyable as Pete makes the show, it's not the end of the world if he's busy or taking a break and has a substitute. There's always people being so uptight about the show being "unprofessional" when it goes "off the rails". Well, guess what? This ain't Eyewitness News. This is a group of people who love the parks and having a lively semi-open-ended discussion about what's going on in and around it. Kinda like a "Park Club". Relax.

An embarrassment of disorganization? Okay. Whether it's John, Ryno or myself having to fill in sometimes with little or no notice, I think we always pull off an entertaining show at the very least. It's hard to be prepared when you don't have time to prepare. Look at the DISboards videos Ryno puts out, or the Dreams Shows John puts together, and the news updates I cobble up. I shouldn't even have to list off the other videos we put together to prove a point, but maybe realize that you see what gets put on YouTube and not everything that happens leading up to it?

Your park videos are fantastic. And your shows are great. Keep up the good work.

There's always people being so uptight about the show being "unprofessional" when it goes "off the rails". Well, guess what? This ain't Eyewitness News. This is a group of people who love the parks and having a lively semi-open-ended discussion about what's going on in and around it. Kinda like a "Park Club". Relax.

These types of criticisms always make me laugh. Seriously, people, it's a podcast, not a big money, corporate media backed professional show. The team is always professional enough. The production is as good as it can be, given the limitations of equipment made for home studio use, especially when they have to resort to Skype. People need to chill. And who cares if they go on tangents? That's what happens naturally when you have a group of people discussing topics.

I enjoy the show regardless of who is hosting.

But, I get so tired of the flack people seem so want to give the Tuesday show whenever Pete's not hosting. As enjoyable as Pete makes the show, it's not the end of the world if he's busy or taking a break and has a substitute. There's always people being so uptight about the show being "unprofessional" when it goes "off the rails". Well, guess what? This ain't Eyewitness News. This is a group of people who love the parks and having a lively semi-open-ended discussion about what's going on in and around it. Kinda like a "Park Club". Relax.

haha ya i actually like it when it goes off the rails it makes the shows interesting

haha ya i actually like it when it goes off the rails it makes the shows interesting

Yeo. Pete really went off the rails on the latest one. He has to weather COVID through this year and most likely all of next year. That’s stressful.

I’m waiting for the magic candle company COVID Disney candle. I’m think it should smell like hand sanitizer and maybe cotton candle or churros.

I call things as I see them :). I am not a "fanboy," but I agree with you. Do people get angry when there is a substitute teacher at school because the teacher was sick? I'll admit... it gets somewhat frustrating to me when Mr. Werner does not host. It seems as though all control is lost. He keeps things on the rails. Sometimes he lets things go a bit too far, but he typically does a good job. I also appreciate his honesty and his rants. He doesn't cater to the Disney "machine."

Look, I'm on this board because I love Disney, but sometimes Disney needs to be called out and I'm not afraid to do that and neither is Mr. Werner.

An embarrassment of disorganization? Okay. Whether it's John, Ryno or myself having to fill in sometimes with little or no notice, I think we always pull off an entertaining show at the very least. It's hard to be prepared when you don't have time to prepare. Look at the DISboards videos Ryno puts out, or the Dreams Shows John puts together, and the news updates I cobble up. I shouldn't even have to list off the other videos we put together to prove a point, but maybe realize that you see what gets put on YouTube and not everything that happens leading up to it?
You all do a fantastic job each and every week! I love watching no matter who is on. Keep up the great work.

Yeo. Pete really went off the rails on the latest one. He has to weather COVID through this year and most likely all of next year. That’s stressful.

I’m waiting for the magic candle company COVID Disney candle. I’m think it should smell like hand sanitizer and maybe cotton candle or churros.

No. We will be past this.

Next June you’ll find me on Main Street USA eating a hot dog and Mickey Bar.

I LOVE the Craig & Ryno show which to me are always fun and light-hearted; enjoy the improv 100%. I'll also add that I've been a huge fan of Kevin's and always enjoy when he's able to attend (sometimes with pupper). If anything, I miss the dining reviews from the olden days.

While listening to the latest show with Pete, to no one in the room, I said outloud "F-Yeah!" when he let loose. That was pretty special and truly appreciated <3

No. We will be past this.

Next June you’ll find me on Main Street USA eating a hot dog and Mickey Bar.

You’re far more optimistic than me. We see a vaccine being available toward the end of next year. We figure it will take time to manufacture the vaccine and distribute it. That fits the optimistic 18 month path for a process than usually takes 60 months. This is assuming the vaccines in the later stages actually turn out to be good. And we have to build in some time for about 40% of population to actually get it. We assume some people will be hesitant to get it after it comes out. The wait and see folks should be a pretty sizable portion of the population. We figure we’ll be through this by 2022.

You’re far more optimistic than me. We see a vaccine being available toward the end of next year. We figure it will take time to manufacture the vaccine and distribute it. That fits the optimistic 18 month path for a process than usually takes 60 months. This is assuming the vaccines in the later stages actually turn out to be good. And we have to build in some time for about 40% of population to actually get it. We assume some people will be hesitant to get it after it comes out. The wait and see folks should be a pretty sizable portion of the population. We figure we’ll be through this by 2022.

Who is "we?"

I think John does a good job hosting his own show. I think he spends time planning it out with Tracey and Kevin and is always thinking ahead of topics they can present. I think he can and does do the same on the Tuesday show if he has more notice to plan ahead, rather then talking about a list they all thought was meaningless.
I like John too - I like all the folks on the podcast actually. Still, Pete is my favorite host.

I love Deni, but if I got to vote for someone other than Pete to host, I would say Craig and/or Rhino IF they would be interested. Deni is fabulous for certain, but those 2 have a great rapport on "screen" and they have more time in ... it's really fair.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter