Pictures of Disney going Service Animals

He's sweet.
I wish we had a tan dog instead of a black one. Your pictures are so cute. Most of ours look like a black blob.

He's sweet.
I wish we had a tan dog instead of a black one. Your pictures are so cute. Most of ours look like a black blob.
Thanks! I know black dogs are very difficult to photograph. They should have a "black dog" setting on cameras!

LMAO they DO need a black dog camera setting!

That dog looks so happy with the golden mickey ears! It's like "Hi!! I have my ears and I'm on vacation so I have my happy face on!"

Love the pictures. Maybe one day I'll figure out how to post pics and can put one of my DD and her SD on here! :rotfl2:

I've been to DW several times thru the years with a couple of my guide dogs. I went with my niece & her family. Had a wonderful time each time I went, and had no problems with my guide dogs each time but for a couple instances where DW staff were clueless about guide dogs. lol. A little education usually goes a long way, but on a couple occasions we ended up having to summon for the big wigs to get thru to stubborn cast members who just wouldn't "get it".

Nala, was wondering what school you trained with your guide dog at? My first three were Labs, from Guiding Eyes f/ta Blind in Yorktown Hts, and my fourth (Golden Retriever) & current (GSD) are from The Seeing Eye in Morristown NJ.

Traveled a few times with my Aunt's guides (above my post) and can't wait to take her back with her current dogs...I'm curious as to how it will be going through the parks with TWO dogs for one person? Should be an interesting trip!

I just came onto this board to ask a question and stumbled upon this thread...what a cute bunch of pups! I know they are working hard but I am glad that they got to get their pics taken with some characters!

Great idea for a thread!

I'll be sure to put up some pictures of Reboot and I when we come back from our trip this Fall, though we're going to Universal/IOA instead of Disney. Still good! :laughing: I tried to convince my mom to do one week at Disney and one at Universal, but that was, according to her, quite impractical.

Traveled a few times with my Aunt's guides (above my post) and can't wait to take her back with her current dogs...I'm curious as to how it will be going through the parks with TWO dogs for one person? Should be an interesting trip!

Just curious- why does she need two dogs?---Kathy

I have rarely enjoyed pictures more than I have these. Thank all of you for sharing. We don't have a SD, but have friends who do and we have a business that deals with active dogs so we get lots of exposure to SD and their owners. I admire the bond between you are your companions. Thanks again for sharing. These dogs all look like they are having a wonderful time.

Just curious- why does she need two dogs?---Kathy

Hi... I'm blind & am partnered with my guide dog Karla. I also have diabetes & am partnered with my Diabetic Alert Dog Maizie, who is an 8 lb mini Dachshund.

I'm very much looking forward to going to DW with Wendy & her family next year again. On past trips I had just a guide dog along. Maizie has been with me only 3-1/2 yrs, and she's been a Godsend.

While it's doable handling 2 Service Dogs, it's not ideal, and my hope is that when Karla retires (hopefully not for a good many yrs... she's only 3!) I will have my next guide dual trained as my guide and as my alert dog.

For now I'm feeling extremely blessed to be partnered with 2 superb working dogs who bring not only great independence to my life, but an enormous joy as well.

10948_192014599766_633894766_2889992_4989809_n.jpg

I'm SO enjoying seeing all the wonderful SDs on this thread!

I'm going to try & search out some old pix of my past trips with my guide dogs & I'll post them.

Here are a few pix from my trip with my niece in the mid '90s.

Merlin seemed to enjoy meeting all the characters as much (if not more then! LOL) me & my little great-niece!

We were in visiting with the Alice In Wonderland characters, and Merlin took a liking to Mad Hatter. Mad Hatter in his wonderful accent talked with Merlin & petted him & told him what a great job he was doing. At one point Merlin put his head down while Hatter rubbed his neck & scratched behind his ears... and my niece snapped the below pic. As she did, Hatter said to Merlin, "I say, we're getting just a little bit personal now, aren't we?" Everyone in the room busted out laughing. It was just a perfect picture, and a very cute Disney moment.

17947_301034679766_633894766_3340917_2970760_n.jpg

A couple more pix from same trip. Me & Merlin w/Tigger (LUV Tigger!) and with one of the chipmonks... I can't tell them apart, but think it's Dale w/the red nose. lol. But whichever, he was having a blast with Merlin!

17947_301034689766_633894766_3340918_886959_n.jpg

17947_301034659766_633894766_3340916_211950_n.jpg

LockShockBarrel ... sorry I never got back here to see your reply until now! Yes, Merlin was a GEB dog, as were my first & third guides (Merlin was my second). Merlin & I starred in the GEB dogumentary "Audrey to Merlin - Journey of a Guide Dog" that GEB produced back in the mid-90s. Merl was a superb guide... I miss him still. He passed away in Nov. 1998 due to throat cancer.

No worries, but yes I'm like 99% sure I've met you and Merlin, or at least Merlin. I know that name rings a bell. Where in NY are you from? Do you know MaryEllen Pratt?

As promised, here are photos of Logan at WDW last week...

DSC01162.jpg

DSC01196.jpg

DSC01295.jpg

IMG_0008.jpg
IMG_0012.jpg

I absolutely love all the dogs here - but this one is just too cute - I love the way Logan is posing in the last picture!

I volunteer with Lions International and I've only been familiar with "seeing eye dogs" - although I've heard of other types of service dogs; you all have enlighted me!

My DH is an amputee (and a diabetic), I wish he had an SD (especially for while I'm at work). We have a border collie mix we rescued that I wish I could train to help him out but if I could get her to stop barking and chasing the cat - that would be an accomplishment! :)

My hats off to all your SDs!!

All of the pictures are cute, but I especially like the one with the Lego dogs.

Shadow retired in March 2011 after this Cruise.

068.jpg

031-1.jpg

100_1458.jpg

This was Bingo's first trip to WDW (my new dog)

005.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter