Plan for first trip to WDW

jaye614

Mouseketeer
Bringing my friend to his first trip to WDW in October; he is 61 years old.

Any tips?

All I have so far is to bring him to the most popular park last, so thinking going in this order:
Animal Kingdom
Epcot
Hollywood Studios
Magic Kingdom

I am also going to ask him what he likes to eat and pick out restaurants to visit.

I don't think we should have a list of attractions to visit, just go on whatever we pass with no line.

The most important thing is I want him to have fun and enjoy WDW like I do.

Get your park tickets and book your fast passes 60 days in advance if you are staying on-site.

I don't think we should have a list of attractions to visit, just go on whatever we pass with no line.

“No line” is becoming a rarity at the parks these days. It seems like there’s hardly a slow season anymore. I would check with him and see if there are any “must-sees” that you would like to experience and book FastPasses for them.

Bringing my friend to his first trip to WDW in October; he is 61 years old.

Any tips?

All I have so far is to bring him to the most popular park last, so thinking going in this order:
Animal Kingdom
Epcot
Hollywood Studios
Magic Kingdom

I am also going to ask him what he likes to eat and pick out restaurants to visit.

The most important thing is I want him to have fun and enjoy WDW like I do.
It really depends on what you enjoy doing. If he cares about excellent food, you should focus on getting ADRs at the best restaurants. FYI, many of those are at Swan/Dolphin & don't take the dining plan. If fun restaurants are more his things, there would be better choices for you. Would Segway tours or other behind the scenes tours interest him? How about shopping at Disney Springs, golfing, fishing, etc? If you're hoping to get someone to love WDW, you may have to look beyond the parks. I agree that you need to try to get advance fast passes for any of the popular attractions you want to see. There aren't a lot of walk on attractions without a long wait. Epcot & the better restaurants are my DH's favorite things about WDW. He enjoys a leisurely stroll through the parks, taking advantage of the FPs I get for us, spending time at the resort, having a great meal in the evening, then ending the day at a relaxing bar. If you guys don't drink, you may need a different plan, but you will still have plenty to do. Having a better idea of what both of you enjoy doing on vacation would help us make better suggestions for you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter