Planning for 2013....who else?

I'm joining the thread too. Wasn't sure if we would be going next year or not. For the past 13 years we have gone to Disney every other year with cruises on the off year. (We did Royal Caribbean Allure of the Seas last month). So, trying to convice DH to go to Disney again. He is not the fanatic that I am but still has fun when we are there especially since the kids are older now (13 and almost 11) and they go on all the big rides (I'm a ride chicken). We have always gone during March when the kids have spring break but mentioned to DH yesterday that I would like to go next year right when the kids get out of school (they get out right before Memorial Day) So, the first week of June or so before all the other schools are out. I know it will be much hotter than we are used to but hoping the crowds will also be less. From what I can see looks like 1st week of June is crowd levels in the 4's and 5's and we ususally go when they are 9's and 10's. So, I want to stay at Disney for about 9 nights or so then get a rental car and stay at a beachhouse for 5 or 6 nights. So, a 2 week vacation, which we have never done.

I don't think Free Dining has ever been offered during that time and that is the only discount I would hold out for. The past 3 times we rented DVC Points and stayed at AKV and BWV. This time would like to stay at Beach Club Villas. Kids liked the pool area and I liked the closeness to Epcot. Was also reading the thread on Bonnet Creek and that sounds great but even thought the extra room would be wonderful - I really like staying on Disney property and can't get past the convenience of that.

Love the Dining Plan but now both kids will be "adults" and not sure I really want to pay over $200 a day for this. May consider doing the CS one and just added on a few table service's - not sure. I really like eating at the different table service restaurants but they can get so spendy...

Ok - I've babbled enough now. Time to plan!! (Oh and if anyone has any beach ideas I would love to hear them - have no clue on where to start on that...)

Right now we are planning our next family trip for September 2013, hoping for free dining at Art of Animation! This will be our first trip as a complete family (we just had our third and most likely last child), and my mom is coming along as well, I think. She came with us last time and LOVED it!

We may go sooner if a good deal comes up earlier in the year though...not sure if we can hold out until September. The older two have such good memories of past trips and have been asking when we are going again. I guess we'll see what the next year brings!

Finally! I am so excited that we can now plan our trip. The last time we went was 2009. Came back home from that trip and found out I was pregnant. We have not returned and during that time we moved to Texas (from Georgia). I know so far away!!!

We usually go in July because its where we celebrate our anniversary but the upcoming school year we will be homeschooling so we get to make our own schedule)oldest DD doesn't know about it yet but keeps asking to come back to home school.) The plan is to go during free dining.

Next year my youngest DD will be four and that's the age we first took her sister(9) as well. We haven't decided on where we will stay. Everyone has chosen a different Resort so we will take a vote. We voted on if we wanted to fly or drive and it was unanimous...everyone wants to DRIVE! We enjoy being on the road and spending time with one another.

The girls and I have started our planning binder and I have already found our first item to go in our Disney box-Tinkerbell slippers from WalMart for $2.50!!!! We also have our Disney Jar/Fund but I'm not sure how much we have in there. We will find out once we do our multi-family yard sale this summer and add to the current amount.

I look forward to planning!!! Hope you are too!

I booked our Fantasy cruise today for December '13 and we will spend time at WDW after that. It's such a long way off at this point but if our last cruise and holiday was anything to go by, it will be here in no time.

We're in for Dec 29, 2012 - Jan 5, 2013. Yea, celebrating New Years with the crowds. Anybody else out there crazy enough to go to Disney for New Years? We usually go every other year. We went in 2011 so we're cheating by starting our vacation in 2012 but I still consider it every other year since we will be leaving in 2013. We're staying off site in a villa at Windsor Hills for the first time. I'm hearing wonderful things about Windsor Hills, but we have stayed at the Poly and Shades of Green for years. I already miss them, but with 12 of us on this trip the cost savings just couldn't be past up.

I'm joining the thread too. Wasn't sure if we would be going next year or not. For the past 13 years we have gone to Disney every other year with cruises on the off year. (We did Royal Caribbean Allure of the Seas last month). So, trying to convice DH to go to Disney again. He is not the fanatic that I am but still has fun when we are there especially since the kids are older now (13 and almost 11) and they go on all the big rides (I'm a ride chicken). We have always gone during March when the kids have spring break but mentioned to DH yesterday that I would like to go next year right when the kids get out of school (they get out right before Memorial Day) So, the first week of June or so before all the other schools are out. I know it will be much hotter than we are used to but hoping the crowds will also be less. From what I can see looks like 1st week of June is crowd levels in the 4's and 5's and we ususally go when they are 9's and 10's. So, I want to stay at Disney for about 9 nights or so then get a rental car and stay at a beachhouse for 5 or 6 nights. So, a 2 week vacation, which we have never done.

I don't think Free Dining has ever been offered during that time and that is the only discount I would hold out for. The past 3 times we rented DVC Points and stayed at AKV and BWV. This time would like to stay at Beach Club Villas. Kids liked the pool area and I liked the closeness to Epcot. Was also reading the thread on Bonnet Creek and that sounds great but even thought the extra room would be wonderful - I really like staying on Disney property and can't get past the convenience of that.

Love the Dining Plan but now both kids will be "adults" and not sure I really want to pay over $200 a day for this. May consider doing the CS one and just added on a few table service's - not sure. I really like eating at the different table service restaurants but they can get so spendy...

Ok - I've babbled enough now. Time to plan!! (Oh and if anyone has any beach ideas I would love to hear them - have no clue on where to start on that...)

Sending you a PM

I can't wait to go next year!!! Grabbed somethings at Michaels for the plane. Putting together some autograph books, getting our M&M quarter and penny things together.

I can't wait to go next year!!! Grabbed somethings at Michaels for the plane. Putting together some autograph books, getting our M&M quarter and penny things together.

I am also getting things together here and there such as making lists of ideas of new things we may want to try, getting me and DH some new Disney character tee shirts while they are on sale (will wait until we get closer to the trip to plan the kids' outfits and shirts),and buying little things I know we will need for the trip such as the mini messenger bag I found on clearance at Target for less than $5 (this will replace my small waist bag a.k.a. fanny pack :laughing:) I like the idea of being able to take my time and plan. I started researching and planning our August 2011 trip in the winter of 2009 and booked it in October of 2010! We decided against going back again this year because it would have to be a shorter, more restricted trip since we went last year; and after thinking long and hard about it I felt that it would be in our best interests to just wait until 2013 like we originally planned. I also want us to have a longer trip (at least 9 or 10 days) next time around because the kids have expressed interest in throwing both a Disney water park and Gatorland into the mix for our next WDW trip. Considering how quickly 2012 is going by, 2013 is right around the corner! Happy planning everyone :goodvibes

Made another change to our trip plans ...

My mom and I decided to cancel the cruise and extend our resort stay. So, now we are going May 1 - May 10th .

This is my final change unless discounts become available and we're able to upgrade to deluxe or the Royal Guest Room isn't available for the discount offered.

Wow!! I feel so much better knowing that I am not alone in wanting to plan ahead early!! I love figuring out all the details of our next Disney trip!! Hopefully if all goes well, we will be back in February 2013!! We can't wait!

We're planning on early March 2013. I wanted February, but we'd have to pull the kids out for 2 full weeks. Our spring break is March 11-15, so I think we will leave March 1 and return March 16.

I'm guessing most schools have spring break near Easter, aka, March 30? Is that correct? So early March should be pretty low crowds, right?

I'm debating where to stay, of course. I think I am going to call SoG and reserve a suite if I can, just in case. And then we can decide where to stay while we have that covered.

We are planning a trip sometimes in Feb 2013. We are going with friends and waiting patiently, or not so patiently, for the 2013 rates to come out so we can book a package. I'm so exctied to be going, but I am driving my friends and family crazy with planning, so I can't talk at home anymore about it. Not that I want to wish the summer away, but boy I wish theose rates would come out. :rotfl2:

We are planning an October 2013 trip for my daughter's 5th birthday! It will be her first trip to the World. :wizard:

We are planning for June 2013. Now with DD in school it is harder to find a good time to go crowd wise. She has 2 weeks in fall off, but we went in fall last year and I'd love for her to see it decorated differently. Hopefully the heat and crowds will be manageable. I built in resort time this trip so we will have some rest. Trying to decide between POFQ and AOA! Decisions Decisions

Newbie here. We are planning our first family trip for October 2013. My parents are also coming along with us for the kids first Disney adventure. There will be 4 adults and 2 kids, ages just shy of 3 and almost 5. We're thinking All Star Music or the AoA. Will both values sleep 6 people?

Where does everyone book their vacation through? Through Disney or an agent? I'm curious if we should book our hotel sooner rather than later once we figure out dates or should we wait until it gets closer. Are there any dates in October 2013 that are going to particularly busy with certain events?

So excited to be finally going back to the most Magical place on earth!

Newbie here. We are planning our first family trip for October 2013. My parents are also coming along with us for the kids first Disney adventure. There will be 4 adults and 2 kids, ages just shy of 3 and almost 5. We're thinking All Star Music or the AoA. Will both values sleep 6 people?

Where does everyone book their vacation through? Through Disney or an agent? I'm curious if we should book our hotel sooner rather than later once we figure out dates or should we wait until it gets closer. Are there any dates in October 2013 that are going to particularly busy with certain events?

This is only my 2nd trip, but I prefer booking directly with Disney. When you book through a travel agent you loose control of your trip. The travel agent is the only person who can speak with Disney and make any changes, apply discounts, etc. The only thing you'll be able to do after the travel agent books your trip is verify that you have a reservation. When the travel agency is closed on the weekend and a discount needs to be applied or a change needs to be made, you'll have to wait until Monday.

If you book the a travel agency, make sure the agent specializes in Disney; otherwise, they aren't of any benefit.

If you book directly with Disney, you can call or do it via the website. Just make sure, before booking, that you have checked Disney's website to see if there are any specials that you can use.

We have booked all of our trips through a Disney specific agency. I love it because they are easy to reach, friendly, knowledgable.... and anytime a discount comes out, they have it applied to my trip, sometimes before I even know about it. He will do as much or as little as I want.. for example, he will make my ADR's, but if I want to do it (and I do) he's fine with that also. I guess it's a personal opinion but I plan to continue using this company. :goodvibes

Thank you for the responses. Can anyone tell me how the discount codes work? Can you use a code on hotel and then also get free dining?

Newbie here too! First trip to WDW period. We are planning June 2013 and can hardly wait. We have been doing so much research already, I wish it was next month we were going.

We plan to rent a Villa through the vacation club, any thoughts, good or bad?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter