Planning for 2013....who else?

We have our beady eyes set on October 2013, love Orlando at that time of year, it'll be 11 years since we honeymooned there, we are soooo overdue a visit!! And we'll have our little crew with us, DD will be celebrating her 7th birthday there and DS will be 2 3/4, so a different kind of trip than before, it's all very exciting!! Reckon we'll go with an AoA Nemo suite, they look perfect and the food court sounds great. Can't believe it'll have been 11 years, I can't wait to see all the changes!!!:cheer2:

Am I behind?!? Planning our first trip for Sept. 2013 too. Where did you book? We are going the 21st-27th and the Disney site won't book for me yet. Also, we want to do the free dining plan, with the table service and quick service meals. I believe I have to book a moderate hotel for this deal? Any ideas???

Currently you can not book anything on line for 2013 dates at WDW yet. You can book room only on the phone. Rumor has it that package dates will be available the last week in July. This coming from someone who talked to some on the phone via Disney. Hope this helps.:thumbsup2

Yes, so glad I am not the only one planning for trips in 2013. We have New Year's booked for 2012/13 and then Easter 2013, plus planning another one Christmas 2013. We wanted to take advantage of getting the annual pass and using it 3 times, but now it just went up about $400 for our family, yikes, so bummed, but still trying everything to save money and choose budget friendly options without spoiling the fun! I get to book our meals in 3 days for New Year's.

Currently you can not book anything on line for 2013 dates at WDW yet. You can book room only on the phone. Rumor has it that package dates will be available the last week in July. This coming from someone who talked to some on the phone via Disney. Hope this helps.:thumbsup2
Thanks so much!!!

Just wanted to let everyon know who has been patiently (and not so patiently :lmao:) waiting for the 2013 packages to be released, I have some very exciting information.

I logged onto the Web site this morning to check to see if prices had been released yet (a daily of obsession of mine of late). Normally it will tell me that only dates up to Dec 31, 2012 are available and to change my dates. Well. . . today this showed up as well. I just cut and pasted it so this is what it actually says.:goodvibes

2013 Walt Disney World Resort package and room-only reservations will be available online on July 11, 2012!

:banana::banana::banana:

Just wanted to let everyon know who has been patiently (and not so patiently :lmao:) waiting for the 2013 packages to be released, I have some very exciting information.

I logged onto the Web site this morning to check to see if prices had been released yet (a daily of obsession of mine of late). Normally it will tell me that only dates up to Dec 31, 2012 are available and to change my dates. Well. . . today this showed up as well. I just cut and pasted it so this is what it actually says.:goodvibes

2013 Walt Disney World Resort package and room-only reservations will be available online on July 11, 2012!

:banana::banana::banana:

Awesome!! Thanks for sharing!!! :cool1: We are hoping to stay in a LM room at AoA the beginning of June before our cruise. Now to start saving some money... :rolleyes1

I just booked our two vacations for 2013 yesterday via renting DVC points... Wanted to make sure we would be able to snag a 2 br value at AKL before they opened up online reservations for 2013 (and more people possibly explored renting points based on whatever rates they were given online) and before the 7 month travel window opened up... so pumped! Even though we have a huge family, we decided not to roll the dice on free dining this year bc based on occupancy guidelines since our baby will be 2 next trip, we had to bump up to deluxe and renting points seemed to be the most economical for us at this time instead of hoping for FD or depending on a pin (for a small portion of available 2 br values that most likely wouldn't be available by then).

PS- sorry for the run on sentences!

Count me in! We are taking our second family trip to see the Mouse in December 2013. We're renting DVC points and staying at BLT the week before Christmas (Dec 14-21).

We are hoping to go the last week of June/ 1st week of July 2013. The past 2 trips we have had to Florida (June 2011 and June 2012) were mostly just to see family on the Gulf coast and only 1 day each time in Disney, 2013 we are planning to spend 7-10 days in Disney:cheer2:.

I know somewhere on these boards someone has already answered this, BUT what week in November is Jersey week. I want to go to Disney the second week. Also, are the pools still warm enough to swim in during the day?

We are planning for October 2013 and I can hardly wait. It will be a 2nd trip for myself, DH, DD who will be 9 and DD who will be 6 (and maybe a newborn, fingers crossed). My mother and her husband and my sister, her hubby and 2 sons will also be going. It will be a first trip for all of them. We are renting a house since there are so many of us and the budget will not allow us to stay onsight. :sad1:
My DH thinks I am crazy to be "researching" already but he knows I am gazelle when it comes to trips. :rotfl2:

We are planning for October 2013 and I can hardly wait. It will be a 2nd trip for myself, DH, DD who will be 9 and DD who will be 6 (and maybe a newborn, fingers crossed). My mother and her husband and my sister, her hubby and 2 sons will also be going. It will be a first trip for all of them. We are renting a house since there are so many of us and the budget will not allow us to stay onsight. :sad1:
My DH thinks I am crazy to be "researching" already but he knows I am gazelle when it comes to trips. :rotfl2:
Not crazy at all. We're going on our second trip in October too. Myself, DH, DD 8 and DS 6. Then my parents and my sister and her family are coming Her, her wife, DD 13 and DD 11 and We're not sure if the 21 year old and her fiance and their baby are coming or not.

My parents and my family are staying onsite and my sister and her family are staying in a condo. This trip has been in the planning stages since 2009 when DH and I and our kids got back from our first trip. We invited my parents to come with us this time and my sister invited herself. This will be their first trip.

Soon we'll be sitting down with everyone to really start discussing plans. So exciting. First up is resort I want POFQ again and I'm going to talk my parent into it.

I know somewhere on these boards someone has already answered this, BUT what week in November is Jersey week. I want to go to Disney the second week. Also, are the pools still warm enough to swim in during the day?
Jersey week is the week beginning Monday, November 5th this year. The kids have no school on Thursday and Friday (the 8th and 9th) because it's a state wide teachers convention (in Atlantic City). Also many schools will be closed or have a half day on the 6th which is election day.

* I have never been during Jersey week but have had quite a few friends and family that have been during that week and it is warm enough to swim during the day (a few friends/family have also done one of the water parks during that week).

Planning a Feb. 2013 trip here. Cannot wait to book Wednesday so it will finally be "real". :)

YAY!!! Me too!!! We are taking a 4 night cruise for my 40th Birthday:sad: and plan on tacking on days before/and or after (even though "after" is Presidents weekend, so bound to be pricey and crowded)

We are planning a 2013 trip as well! Either mid-September of mid-december, depending on when we can manage to afford it, get the time off, etc. Both have their advantages and disadvantages.

I am chomping at the bit for Wednesday! That's when we will sit down and do all the math to decide when, what, where, how, etc! It will be my Husband's and my two boys first Disney World trip!

5forDis said:
Count me in, too! I'm not sure what month in 2013 we will go, but I really want to wait until the Fantasyland expansion is complete.

I have been going to Disney almost every year since I was 5...now I am 40 (took some years off in my early 20's and a couple of years due to pregnancy/newborns). I am trying to hold off going until 2013, but is so difficult. We went twice in 2010 (April & Oct) & decided not to go this year. Next year we will be in Orlando for Harry Potter, SeaWorld, Aquatica and then off to sail on the Disney Dream. I don't think I am strong enough to be in Orlando and not at least go to the Magic Kingdom :)

Any predictions on when the construction will be complete?

Just started reading this thread. I have never been able to go to Orlando and not go to Disney. I have never been to any of the other parks in the area I would feel like I was cheating on Mickey. We are going in Sept. and I thought I was crazy to already be thinking of a 2014 trip. Now I realize it is fine great minds think alike!!

Tomorrow's the day! :cool1::cool1: That's right, tomorrow Disney is opening up the 2013 packages and we can finally make our trips officiall. (That's of course if you haven't done a RO reservation;).) I don't know about all of you, but I am going to be spending alot of time on the WDW website these next couple of days. I am sooooo excited! WDW 2013 here we come.:wave2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter