"Please try to look normal" A Spring Break 2017 Trip *complete 7/21*

There's nothing like that sudden reminder that hey I didn't finish my trip report ha ha. So I logged in to see that photobucket went all werido and changed everything :sad2: So I had to re-do my pictures and fix them all.

Since the last update my birthday officially happened
:bday:
The big 30 :)
My friends threw me a surprise party for me

Teacher friends showed up and one of my little students from this past year who his family has become a close friend of mine.

I went home for my birthday, which I normally do. So I got to see my family and spend time with them which was nice.

We got a few more pictures from the wedding we went to :)

Ok so here we go finally finishing up this trip report :) :woohoo:

Day 8 - March 25th - Travel Day
The alarm was set for 7 this morning. No need to get up super early today. The Tragical Depress was going to pick us up at 10:30 :sad1:

We had 1 last quick service to cash in so we were going to split it.

We took our time eating and decided to hit the gift shop one last time. There were some snack credits still left to spend. I promised to bring my students back something and the little pack of cookies seemed like a good idea. I grabbed 2 boxes and we picked up some French Quarter souvenirs.

We went back to the room and packed up everything. My backpack was for the second year in a row, all coffee mugs :laughing:

Around 9:00, we said bye to our room and said see you next year.

We were leisurely walking when we noticed some cast members rolling some carts by.

We walked a bit father and realized they had just reinstalled the jazz alligators

Sorry dad I couldn’t take a better picture :confused:

We found a bench to sit on and people watch for a while.

Arniel was walking around talking to people and he came over to chat us up a bit. I totally regret not getting a picture with him.

We were telling him we had a 10:30 pick up when the 10:15 bus came by. He said “I’m going to go ask and see if they can take you on this one” he walked over to the bus driver and asked him then he walked back to us and said he could take us on this bus.

We thanked him and got on the bus.

Bye suitcase…

We hit Riverside next to pick up and were off to the airport.

The drive was quick and we were at the airport by 11:00 and joined the massive grouping of people.

We dropped off our suitcases and wandered over to the Universal store for some Minion and Harry Potter stuff.

We joined the security line and were through in about 10 minutes. While we were putting our shoes on there was a man next to us that was very angry. Apparently, his wife got additional screening and he wasn’t happy that someone was ‘touching and grabbing’ her. I was a little concerned that he would lose it soon so we put our shoes on and rushed off.

We got to the gate and found a spot to sit for a bit. I went and grabbed some snacks, in case I was stuck in the Dallas airport for the night… :thumbsup2

I kept checking to see if our flight was on time. It left its other destination on time. So, there was still a chance I would make it. If we left Orlando on time.

We were scheduled to leave at 1:35 and arrive at 3:30 and leaving Dallas at 4:25. Which in theory is enough time but having already experienced the close call and knowing they officially close the door 10 minutes before departure. It gives me 45 minutes and there has been more than one occasion that I’ve been sitting on the ground in Dallas for 30 minutes waiting for our gate to open up.

We miraculously ended up boarding on time and were wheels up a few minutes before 1:35… I might make it :hyper:

I spelt pretty much the whole flight, which is always normal for me after a week at Disney

I woke up about 30 minutes before we landed.

We touched down in Dallas on time and as soon as the seat belt light turned off my Dad jumped up and we got in line to get off the plane.

We power walked to my gate and made it with 15 minutes before even boarding…
Yay, I won’t have to sleep in the airport overnight.
I texted my ride saying that I’ll be home at 5:30 :)

We started boarding and I said bye to my Dad and thanks for a fun week.

I slept the whole 50 minute flight back and we touched down a few minutes before 5:30

Home :)

I knew my suitcase made it this far, I kept checking the tracking on it… ha ha

I grabbed my suitcase and was heading home now. Only to see that my Dad’s flight was delayed an hour ha ha. He is always delayed from Dallas going home.

I made it home and eventually my Dad did too. We talked a bit that night and discussed plans for next year :)

And like that #fatherdaughtertrippart4 is complete… :goodvibes
This trip was so much fun. Minus that one day…

At the beginning of the trip my to-do list was

-30,000 steps in one day
Got it :)

- Use all 4 modes of Disney transportation
Monorail, Disney bus, Friendship boat… we didn’t get to any resort boats this time...
Missed it by 1

-Visit each giftshop in each country in EPCOT
All but China, even though I bought something from the tea shop
Missed it by 1

- The donut sundae at Magic Kingdom
Missed it… the donuts sold out right before I got there
- The photo booth in the Space Mountain gift shop
We did the one on the boardwalk and with Figment
I’m calling it Got it :)

-Catch Wishes from ‘Ohana
Got it :) and it was beautiful too
-1,000 total pictures
Grand total was 1,525
Got it :)

We are planning #fatherdaughtertrippart5 :hug:
Spring Break 2018 :cheer2:

We’re thinking French Quarter again because we loved it and just yesterday we talked early dining plans

Thanks to everyone who followed along as well as read the super late last day post :laughing:
Year 8 of teaching is just around the corner for me, here we go :)

Reactions: Fia
Great report, have a wonderful summer break.
Excited for you all to Disney again in 2018, I will read another report if you do one for sure!
We are staying at FQ in November, glad to see you really enjoyed it!

Thanks, we always say we didn't come to Disney to rest ha ha. Yeah were looking at Spring Break 2018 for our next father/daughter trip :hug:
Thanks for following along :goodvibes

Thanks! Yeah we really did have a great time, minus that whole day :laughing:

I fixed it :thumbsup2 Nothing like finally logging in to finish my trip report to see that. Gee thanks photo bucket, so I was determined to fix it, then finally finish the trip report ::yes::
Yay! I don't comment often but I came across this TR and I have enjoyed your other ones so I'm glad you got all the photos fixed. I bet that was a nightmare though! I love that you and your dad go to Disney together. My dad would never go to Disney with me!

Loving your trip report! My oldest is going off to college in a few weeks :worried: and your TR is giving me dreams of reunions and future trips with my kiddos in a few years. Edited to add: my Fitbit is horrible at true steps count! On our last trip, my FB showed something like 15,400 steps and when I looked at the activity on my iphone, I had over 18,000 steps according to that! Ugh I felt jipped!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter