Pop Century Room Renovations

:tinker:Interesting convo I just had with a CM on chat - I played dumb about reno schedule and said what are my chances of booking now and knowing anything before my stay (estimate Dec) she told me :" Currently any information regarding refurbishments lists a completion date of June. if you are going to come in December, each room should be refurbished by then." This is WAY under an April 2018 completion - are they playing it tight lipped or is that info point to not 100% of the rooms will get an upgrade?

:tinker:Interesting convo I just had with a CM on chat - I played dumb about reno schedule and said what are my chances of booking now and knowing anything before my stay (estimate Dec) she told me :" Currently any information regarding refurbishments lists a completion date of June. if you are going to come in December, each room should be refurbished by then." This is WAY under an April 2018 completion - are they playing it tight lipped or is that info point to not 100% of the rooms will get an upgrade?

You just chatted with someone who had no idea what they were talking about.

Sounds like the CM I got who said that the ROL seating area is at least as big as the Fantasmic seating area and there should be no problem getting a FP or a seat without a dining package. (NOT what is being reported on the ROL thread by a long shot.)

And I thought I'd get through this week without spitting out my tea ................... :lmao:

- Renovations take approximately 18 mos for a standard room reno without anything too fancy.
- Renovations take approximately 20 days per block of rooms.
- POP has almost 3000 rooms ..........
- Commencement Permits were filed in November to be completed April 2018 - that is in black and white.
- Renovation got delayed.
- Renovation just started.
- The closest this thing will come to being done in June is June 2018.
- This could be true since the job was delayed.
- But that would mean they have to file another Commencement at the point they know they will miss deadline.

I've stayed at POP well over 20 times and heading back soon. Not possible, not even close.

Phone CM, Chat CM ............ there are some (a few) who are local, Disney fans and spend time to keep up with the Hub, news and announcements. There are MANY who have never been to WDW, wouldn't know Caribbean Beach from Beach Club if you showed them pictures, and follow the Disney rule "never say I don't know" and instead make stuff up - or argue something we all know is false.

Sounds like the CM I got who said that the ROL seating area is at least as big as the Fantasmic seating area and there should be no problem getting a FP or a seat without a dining package. (NOT what is being reported on the ROL thread by a long shot.)

Come on ............. half the size is almost as big as, right? :rolleyes1

Yay!! Your trip is less then 2 weeks away. Hope you can get us some room pics!!!! :goodvibes

Told DS today, we will be on the hunt to get room pictures. There will be four of us, we will play all angles to see what we can get.

I don't think I could handle wearing the cone of shame should I fail.

Last edited:
And I thought I'd get through this week without spitting out my tea ................... :lmao:

- Renovations take approximately 18 mos for a standard room reno without anything too fancy.
- Renovations take approximately 20 days per block of rooms.
- POP has almost 3000 rooms ..........
- Commencement Permits were filed in November to be completed April 2018 - that is in black and white.
- Renovation got delayed.
- Renovation just started.
- The closest this thing will come to being done in June is June 2018.
- This could be true since the job was delayed.

Best part was I said June 2017 or you mean 2018 she said of course 2017 - I'm booking a trip some time regardless of all this based on my news of a bonus this year but makes the planning more interesting

Hey I consider it free Disney entertainment but feel bad for those who believe everything they say .......

The first set of rooms should be finished any day now. Hope to see updated photos soon.
On a photo that was posted earlier it shows room 8125 as the test room work order site - based on numerous room details I have read that's considered a standard view room - definitely interested to see what the outcome is - even just putting coffee makers in all rooms would be nice

Renovations won't be done until April 2018 time frame. So by fall it will likely be only about half way done. Until it is completely done, no one is guaranteed any specific room. Renovations take a chunk of rooms out of circulation so yes, it would be easier for them to sell out. In regards to FD, they will only release a certain number of rooms based on occupancy so the more rooms that are booked likely then less will be available for FD.

But remember we have seen no photos of completed rooms, only a test room. We don't know if they all will be set up one way, or if there will be a variety of setups, what will be bookable categories and we def don't know if there will be coffee makers.

This is just random talking out loud but if Disney were smart, since the hotel will be about half and half come FD time (if they have it) then if I were Disney only old rooms would get FD. This might eliminate folks complaining, trying to be moved etc.
My res is for Nov, so I'm wondering if they are putting coffee makers in new rooms but I get the old room, it sure woukd be nice to be able to have them put a coffee maker in room!! Then nobody gets hurt :coffee: you can see where my priorities are!! A lake view and coffee!!!

Same! I'm bringing groups in August and September... want to know how these will work! Aug is mostly parties of 3... Sept either 3-4. Plus, Pop is my "spare home" (we usually have APs every other year and spend 20ish nights at Pop our AP years) so generally just curious!

I kept peeking all day in hopes someone may hve updates - I was disney obsessed now I'm worse

Both excited and nervously waiting for first-hand info on these new room layouts.

We're one of those families that have both a teenage son and daughter, and on our last trip we packed a very comfortable inflatable twin mattress for them to take turns sleeping on while the other took the second bed. It worked out fabulously! We love Pop but are worried that the new layouts will make setting up the 75" x 39" twin impossible. Where we set it up against the wall on our last trip, we had enough room to put one of the chairs (with about 5 inches to spare) between the end of it and the TV cabinet.

Hoping that whomever does a report/review of these new rooms can do some measuring, and maybe see if the TV cabinet is able to be nudged a bit towards the bathroom? :) With the new "coffee maker stand" now in the place we used to lay the twin down in, we still might be able to fit a mattress between it and the TV cabinet if the cabinet is still in the same place.

Thanks in advance!

Just checked in first rooms in the 80's and 90's no rented until June

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter