Port Orleans Riverside Q&A Thread 2014 (Please read first post for FAQs!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Venomhatch,

Watched my Mom go through this. Don't worry...you can recover! But take it easy on yourself. My Mom would not give herself much grace on the occasional tough days. It's ok to have a tough day! It's not how they will all be. pixiedust: for those days and that they quickly pass.

:flower3:

I've been a lurker and touched by your kindness and dedication Venomhatch. Time to use those gifts for yourself. Count me in as one more praying for your speedy recovery.:hug:

We were able to upgrade to a pool view with our pin code. I'm really torn between AB and the mansions. We have a 4.5 year old daughter. We'd like to be near a bus stop and the food court. Are there any particular buildings that we should request ?

There are six Pool View rooms in Alligator Bayou building 18 (which is one of the preferred locations) so if you can snag one of those that would be perfect for you. It's very close to the food court, and an easy walk to the South bus stop too (go via the parking lot near building 14, there's a shortcut path leading straight to the main South bus depot).

Andre

Still at hospital all my tests come back. Everything is fine. I am in couadin and I had to get INR up a to certain level before I get out.

We were able to upgrade to a pool view with our pin code. I'm really torn between AB and the mansions. We have a 4.5 year old daughter. We'd like to be near a bus stop and the food court. Are there any particular buildings that we should request ?

There are six Pool View rooms in Alligator Bayou building 18 (which is one of the preferred locations) so if you can snag one of those that would be perfect for you. It's very close to the food court, and an easy walk to the South bus stop too (go via the parking lot near building 14, there's a shortcut path leading straight to the main South bus depot).

Andre

Andre likes AB section :goodvibes, but I like Mansions so here's an alternate idea for Mansion section. There is a pool in between Magnolia Terrace and Acadian House. The Old Man island bridge is right there which takes you to msin pool, and very close to food court, & main buildings. Also main bus stop. But we prefer either the North Depot behind Acadian House, or East Depot behind Magnolia Terrace.
So my requests are Acadian or Magnolia close to Old Man Island bridge. Andre has a resort map on pg 1.

Hang in thar Venom Dude! You've still got a few million more pics to posts before we'll let you retire!!!

Still at hospital all my tests come back. Everything is fine. I am in couadin and I had to get INR up a to certain level before I get out.

Best wishes for a speedy recovery!

I went to the ER recently for a possible TIA. Scariest night of my life. Glad you are doing well.

We will be traveling to WDW in May with our almost two year old and almost 6 year old daughters.

We are staying at POR. Originally I was thinking of doing a 5:30pm carriage ride on our last night and a 7pm princess-y dinner. Thought the girls could wear princess dresses and we could have a fun treat for the carriage ride - sparkling grape juice, snack, etc.

5:30pm is the earliest time for a carriage ride.

Ideally, I would take a mid-day break with lunch, pool, naps, get bathed, and then go straight to the carriage ride.

I am second guessing the 6:55pm dinner with a two year old.

What would you do? We don't really have an alternative time to do it! Maybe on our arrival night? We have a 6:30pm Raglan Road and could maybe do a 5:30pm ride that night or a later one 8:30pm or later, but that feels like pushing it too.

We would be potentially cabbing it to dinner depending on the time with the buses. So that is not a major factor.

Thoughts?

We are staying at POR. Originally I was thinking of doing a 5:30pm carriage ride on our last night and a 7pm princess-y dinner. Thought the girls could wear princess dresses and we could have a fun treat for the carriage ride - sparkling grape juice, snack, etc.

You don't say where you are planning to eat, that would make a difference. You'll be finished with the carriage ride by 6pm, and if you want to go to another resort restaurant by taxi then that's plenty of time to get to a 7pm meal.

If it's in a park (e.g. Norway meal in Epcot) then you'd just about make it by cab, but it could be a bit of a rush.

I'd suggest if it's in the MK then you ideally could do with a bit more time for transfer by monorail (unless you get the cab to drop you off at the Contemporary and then walk to the MK, that might be quicker).

Andre

Blonde- I'm not sure about dinner, but I doubt that you'll be able to have food and drink on the carriage ride. I'd find out about that before planning on sparkling grape juice etc. Just a heads up.

iPhone 5 most menus seem to work with the exception of the one for Fultons. I get the Please pardon our apperence message.

I'm amazed no one has ever commented that I never got around to writing proper detail pages for the two shops - those 'work-in-progress' pages have been there for about 7 years! :blush:

You've embarrassed me into fixing that now anyway, both shops now have their own pages (largely similar admittedly, but there's not a lot extra you can say, they're shops! :) ).

Andre

Just got back. Here is the first photo uploaded into the mac. I will post subsequent photos on the other pics thread. Thanks for all the well wishes and support. Venom..thoughts and prayers go out to you and hope your doing well.

Riverside Arches by KC MikeD, on Flickr

You don't say where you are planning to eat, that would make a difference. You'll be finished with the carriage ride by 6pm, and if you want to go to another resort restaurant by taxi then that's plenty of time to get to a 7pm meal.

If it's in a park (e.g. Norway meal in Epcot) then you'd just about make it by cab, but it could be a bit of a rush.

I'd suggest if it's in the MK then you ideally could do with a bit more time for transfer by monorail (unless you get the cab to drop you off at the Contemporary and then walk to the MK, that might be quicker).

Andre

Ahhhh! I am sorry! The coveted "Be Our Guest". ;). Hence my dilemma. We ate lunch there on our last trip. While I read mixed reviews, it would be unique to dine there at night and meet the Beast.

We could always do 1900 Park for dinner and Be Our Guest for (maybe) breakfast or lunch.

Thank you for your detailed responses.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter