Port Orleans Riverside Q&A Thread 2014 (Please read first post for FAQs!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I here for a little time, I had a stroke. It made to by brain. More coming soon.

Ouch, so sorry to hear that, I hope it was only a minor one and you are not experiencing too many after-effects and are recovering well.

Andre

Well I here for a little time, I had a stroke. It made to by brain. More coming soon.

So sorry to see this...Sending positive thoughts for a speedy recovery! I know I am not alone when I say that all you do here is truly appreciated. Take care and let us know how you are doing when you are able to. :goodvibes

Praying for a swift recovery!

I arrived back today from a 5 night/3 night split stay between Shades of Green and Port Orleans Riverside. While I enjoyed the deluxe feel of SOG I felt like I was coming home to POR.

I had booked a river view and asked for a first floor corner room. When I didn't get it I just decided to go with the flow. I got a third floor room in Magnolia Bend and it was perfect. It was just a few steps away from the elevator. The view of the river was beautiful. It was so quiet and peaceful there. And the East Bus Stop was just a few steps away.

I've stayed at Caribbean Beach, All Star Sports and POR Alligator Bayou. I've toured Wilderness Lodge in years past. We stayed five nights at SOG this past week. We toured the Contemporary, Polynesian, Grand Floridian, Pop Century and Port Orleans French Quarter this trip. POR is by far my favorite resort. No more touring for me. POR will be my go to resort from now on.

Praying for a swift recovery!

I arrived back today from a 5 night/3 night split stay between Shades of Green and Port Orleans Riverside. While I enjoyed the deluxe feel of SOG I felt like I was coming home to POR.

I had booked a river view and asked for a first floor corner room. When I didn't get it I just decided to go with the flow. I got a third floor room in Magnolia Bend and it was perfect. It was just a few steps away from the elevator. The view of the river was beautiful. It was so quiet and peaceful there. And the East Bus Stop was just a few steps away.

I've stayed at Caribbean Beach, All Star Sports and POR Alligator Bayou. I've toured Wilderness Lodge in years past. We stayed five nights at SOG this past week. We toured the Contemporary, Polynesian, Grand Floridian, Pop Century and Port Orleans French Quarter this trip. POR is by far my favorite resort. No more touring for me. POR will be my go to resort from now on.

Glad you liked your room. We love the Magnolia Bend area, and do find it very central. Like you I never ask for a different room until I've seen the one assigned. As you found out, it may not be what was requested, but fits the bill nicely. Last January we had a 2nd floor River view very close to elevator too, in Acadian House, and close to North depot. Loved it.

KC Mike hope you're having a great vacay!! And hope you're taking lots of POR pics :goodvibes to post!! Always enjoy your photos.

45 days for me :)

I am so sorry to hear this! My thoughts and prayers are with you, for your complete and rapid recovery. God bless and keep you, "our" Venomhatch.

We are with you on the cost of Mods vs deluxes. Hope your DHs back gets better, I would definately request a ground floor room. The AB buildings do not have elevators and even though its only 1 flight of stairs, with a bad back that would be more painful, speaking from experience:thumbsup2

Thank you for your kind wishes. Yes, a flight of stairs can feel like Mt. Everest when we are in pain, can't it? And our 4 year old DGD will say, "Carry me, Grandpa" and...he probably will. ;)

I am going to take SueM's advice, and keep my fingers crossed.

Glad you were able to get the preferred location. I'd still send a fax 4or5 days before arrival, explain situation and ask for a location as close as possible to main buildings/bus depot. Bldg 14. And first floor. I think the room assignors knowing there's a medical problem will help them understand what you need.

I agree, we've stayed at just about every deluxe and still get excited returning to ️POR.

Thank you, Sue M. I will do as you suggest, and keep my fingers crossed. We arrive on the 14th (our wedding anniversary :goodvibes) so I will send the fax on the 9th. I was going to say that it has been a tough year, what with one thing and another, but then I thought of venomhatch's news and felt kind of silly for even thinking of complaining. What the heck, we are leaving for Disney in 6 days! We are blessed!

GET BETTER SOON, VENOMHATCH!

We were able to upgrade to a pool view with our pin code. I'm really torn between AB and the mansions. We have a 4.5 year old daughter. We'd like to be near a bus stop and the food court. Are there any particular buildings that we should request ?

Wishing you a quick recovery and thinking positive thoughts. Take it easy if your doctors are telling you to do so. We look forward to more of your wonderful contributions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter