Post all SW questions concerns, etc. here...

I could be the last one to learn this but did you know that some devices are also able to text free of charge during flights?

Friends were flying from Buffalo to MCO last week and I texted them that I was watching their flight online. I didn't expect to hear from them for a few hours until they had landed so was surprised when I started receiving texts as they were flying. I guess there is an option to text for free from some devices while hooked into the free onboard wifi. Just wanted to mention it in case others were not aware of this either.

We have had as little as a 25 minute connection and not had a problem making it. Because the SW gates are designed in a specific way they are close together so easier to make connections. Also, I've found SW to be the most dependable airline I use when it comes to flights being ontime.

Texting is available onboard for a $2.00 fee, per device, unless you have either paid the $8.00 WiFi fee or have A-List Preferred status.

I'll double check but he said he didn't pay anything and he'd have remembered entering is cc. They fly home tomorrow so I'll ask again.
FYI...https://www.usatoday.com/story/trav...ssaging-texting-imessage-whatsapp/1410277002/

The Southwest website doesn't reflect it yet...but messaging IS now free :)

Just wondering if you could share date and times of your flights. We're going at the end of June and were trying to decide between Saturday or Sunday flights. Just found out I have to wait till November 15th:mad:
Sure. We are flying Tuesday, 4/9/19 at 6:45 am and returning Saturday, 4/20/19 flying 8:45pm. Hope this helps!

Ugh, I'm so embarrassed about what I'm about write…I was here yesterday so excited that I paid $583 for our flights home in April. Well, I checked my email last night at 9pm, and realized I MESSED UP BIG TIME. In my haste to get those opening day/opening minute prices (I literally booked while taking report at work, knowing that I wasn't getting to look again all day. Thankfully, my co-worker was super understanding), I booked the WRONG WAY! So, so stupid. So last night I looked at my email and realized I now possess one-way tickets BDL to MCO on April 6th and April 13th :sad::sad::sad:

I am ready to cry and I am really kicking myself about this! I called SW this morning and ended up changing our flights, but on the day we want to come home the flights START at $350/pp :scared1: so I ended up booking us out the next morning, April 14th at 8 am for $233/pp. This is really not what we wanted and I guess I'll be stalking the website to see if any of the prices go down. I guess I'm going to end up paying more no matter what because we get off our cruise April 13th and now we'll have to rent a car and get a hotel for the night. I almost think maybe I should just change and pay the exorbitant April 13th prices.

Anyway, I feel REALLY dumb and will never make the mistake of trying to book in such a rush ever again. I used to make sure I took off the mornings of these releases and I will definitely be going back to doing that again :sad2:
Please don't beat yourself up, this release was the craziest ever. The flights were booking so fast, before you could purchase, you would get bumped out. It was absolutely insane. I am so sorry this happened and hope that everything evens out of you. Most of all, I hope you and your family have a wonderful trip! p.s. I am impressed you managed to book WHILE taking report, that is dedication to vacation (one RN to another).

Don’t beat yourself up over it. When I had a newborn and was sleep deprived, I booked our flight for the wrong days. We didn’t realize it until a week or so later. That was a $600 mistake just to change flights. :( At least with SW, you can get the money back if you make a mistake or flights go down in price. It’ll probably go down if it’s crazy high right now.

Thank you :-) It is pretty far away, so I do have some time to keep checking.

buzzrelly, don't be too hard on yourself. Buying SW tickets for NE April break is so incredibly stressful. I've only been buying April vacation airfare for the last few years since my oldest was in middle (and now high school). I actually feel a bit sick rushing to make on the spot decisions and buy those tickets. I was actually thisclose to buying RT tickets yesterday, but in the wrong direction like you. "wasting" those precious seconds trying to think and plan means you lose seats right in front of your eyes. You did the best you could, I think we all did.

Thank you. I'm kind of glad it's not just me getting super stressed out on these mornings, but happy for you that you made your tickets in the right direction! :-)

Please don't beat yourself up, this release was the craziest ever. The flights were booking so fast, before you could purchase, you would get bumped out. It was absolutely insane. I am so sorry this happened and hope that everything evens out of you. Most of all, I hope you and your family have a wonderful trip! p.s. I am impressed you managed to book WHILE taking report, that is dedication to vacation (one RN to another).

Aw, thank you. Was it really? I couldn't really tell because I was on and off very quickly (dumb dumb dumb). But I do keep thinking that maybe the fares started out this crazy high. At least we now have tickets in the right direction, albeit a day later than I wanted. Maybe (hopefully) the prices will go down..I'll keep stalking the website.

Did you get was you wanted?

Thankfully, I was taking report on babies I already knew so it wasn't going to take long anyway and the night nurse was still done by 7:30 am ::yes::

I haven't done a lot of travelling on Southwest, but recently they have added many more flights from my home airport (SJC). I booked our round-trip flights on Thursday when the dates were released for late April. I just went back to look today and there were better flight times for less money so I went onto my Southwest and clicked the "Change" button. IT WAS SO EASY!! Anyone who is hesitant to try changing their flights - don't be!! I saved $50 which is now in my account for future travel (and I have to book an early June trip when those dates are released, so YEAH!!)

Thank you :-) It is pretty far away, so I do have some time to keep checking.

Thank you. I'm kind of glad it's not just me getting super stressed out on these mornings, but happy for you that you made your tickets in the right direction! :-)

Aw, thank you. Was it really? I couldn't really tell because I was on and off very quickly (dumb dumb dumb). But I do keep thinking that maybe the fares started out this crazy high. At least we now have tickets in the right direction, albeit a day later than I wanted. Maybe (hopefully) the prices will go down..I'll keep stalking the website.

Did you get was you wanted?

Thankfully, I was taking report on babies I already knew so it wasn't going to take long anyway and the night nurse was still done by 7:30 am ::yes::
I think the flights were released with high prices. I did get the times and days I wanted, but had to pay cash instead of points. The flights were booking so quick, that I couldn't coordinate the use of points for 2 flights and cash for one, so bit the bullet and paid for all. Oh well, at least we have a great vacation to look forward to, right:)

I think the flights were released with high prices. I did get the times and days I wanted, but had to pay cash instead of points. The flights were booking so quick, that I couldn't coordinate the use of points for 2 flights and cash for one, so bit the bullet and paid for all. Oh well, at least we have a great vacation to look forward to, right:)

Exactly! And we'll have long forgotten about this crazy stress of booking the tickets!

I did the same thing plus prices are so high that points don't go very far. They need to reevaluate their points program for the SW credit card.

I did the same thing plus prices are so high that points don't go very far. They need to reevaluate their points program for the SW credit card.
Points have been devalued several times over the past few years, so I really don't think that the value of points will get any better.

I booked a flight last night to dc and today it’s on sale. My question is since I added early bird, and it’s not showing in the refund amount when I looked at canceling, will I lose the early bird? I don’t care if they refund it because I’ll rebook the exact same flight, I just don’t want to have to buy it again.

I booked a flight last night to dc and today it’s on sale. My question is since I added early bird, and it’s not showing in the refund amount when I looked at canceling, will I lose the early bird? I don’t care if they refund it because I’ll rebook the exact same flight, I just don’t want to have to buy it again.
Don't cancel. Call and CHANGE flight. You might be able to save your early bird that way. 1-800- IFLYSWA

Good luck

I agree with @barb969. Call back and request the new price as opposed to cancelling. I've done this often.

I booked both flights to and from MCO on the same transaction. I believe one way has decreased in price, but I can't find where I wrote the amounts I paid down, and the website is lumping both ways together so I can't see how much I paid for each leg. Is there a way to get this info short of calling in? Also, can I change just one way easily if I do change for the cheaper price/credit? Can you transfer the EBCI if you make the change on-line?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter