Post all SW questions concerns, etc. here...

Not to disregard what anyone is saying, but the agent told me point blank that they have only notified people with flights 6/7 or before. If yours is between 6/8 and 8/5, they will begin making visible changes on 4/14 & 4/23 and notifying people then.

I inquired about my now sold out flight on 6/11. That flight is sold out from 6/10 to 8/5. It is a 700 plane. She said that it is a flight that they will be switching people to (although I’m not really sure I believe her, lol).

My point is, don’t assume your flight is safe if it’s after 6/7 and you haven’t heard yet.
It's a personal decision but I'll choose to believe an email message I received from the SW President over a phone agent. If he says, '...we've now modified our schedule through August 5, 2019, to add further stability for Customers booking their summer travel.' I believe him.

I went online and checked my flights. I believe what I'm seeing is my flights after the adjustments have been made. I'm not saying that people may not still receive modification notifications in the future, I just think those modifications will already be reflected against your confirmation number if you go in and check now.

Last edited:
I’m not saying they aren’t changing things. I’m saying that they aren’t telling anyone until 4/14 what exactly it is.

That being said, an agent moved me from my 11pm sold out flight to the next closest nonstop (8pm) at no cost to me. But I was given the caveat to pay attention to my email on 4/14 in case this flight ends up being affected as well.

ETA: I’m talking specifically about flights between 6/8 and 8/5.

Last edited:
My brother left Islip this morning to fly to Atlanta via Baltimore. Last week SW changed his flight to include an additional stop in Ohio. He left Islip at 6 am and has been stuck in Baltimore with a plane issue. They are now changing planes and hopefully he will get out soon so he can make his ballgame tonight. They did give him $100 voucher.

Is there anyone else here going in late July? We always do, and we usually book about 6-8 weeks before (although one year we grabbed a freakish low price about 10 weeks out).

We usually book both the outbound and returning flights (round trip) at the same time while on the SW website, but this year we found an unusually low price coming home, so we booked that as a one-way, about 17 weeks out.

So you'd think all we'd have to do now is wait for a good one way price for the outbound flight, right? Suddenly in this past week we're seeing flights in our ballpark time range suddenly selling out, why would that be happening this far in advance?

Is there anyone else out there also planning on flying SW around late July, and what are your thoughts on all this?

The schedule this summer is a mess right now as they are still shifting Max 8 planes out and moving others to accommodate.

They also just had a great fare sale on many routes, so some sell outs may be just that (for now).

If you can wait until next week to start looking, the scheduling mess should look a lot better.

Has anyone else had problems, after logging in, accessing the info on their Rapid Rewards account over the last couple of days?

Here’s a fun new thing to worry about:
Anyone seeing a red banner on the app saying you can change your flight because you may be scheduled on a disrupted flight?

I'm not seeing it. Scheduled to fly April 30 and May 5 on routes originally scheduled on Max planes. My flights haven't changed at all.

Thanks! I don’t see it for my June 4 flight (since those flights should have been adjusted already if needed). I do see it for my June 11 flight, but that flight is still bookable right now. The OP of the thread referenced above has same situation.

When I booked my flight I typed in my name backwards :confused3(last name first, first name last) DH is correct. I called to make it correct and the agent told me to wait until I'm 30 days out because the change would lock my flight. I'm confused why that would happen. I'm really concerned because I got an email asking me to join the frequent flyer program which I already have. I'm also concerned because I am TSA precheck which will be messed up if I wait. Since I've gotten wrong info from so many call center people I'm wondering what everyone thinks?

Where can you see on your account how much of a travel credit you have?[/QUOT
I don't have a travel credit. I'm just trying to change my name because it's backwards. I just called again and was told they would have to cancel my flight and rebook at the current prices which are higher than I paid. I'm pretty sure there is another option. She told me to call Customer Service (which is who I thought I was talking to) on Monday. So once again the call center people are really not informed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter