Post all SW questions concerns, etc. here...

Well got my flight but certainly not a great price! What a difference a day makes 12/19 double the price of 12/18!

Wow that was painful. Over $1K/person. But rooms are locked in and we don't have a choice. We had over 100,000 points and thought that would be enough, but only covered one person. I don't know if we can afford to fly this time of year again, it definitely wasn't in my budget to spend quite this much.

Does anyone know what time the self serve kiosks and bag check in starts at Midway airport for Southwest? We have a 5:30 am flight and was planning on arriving between 3:30-3:45 am. But someone posted they don’t start the check in kiosks until 4:30am. That doesn’t leave a lot of time to get bags checked and through security. Has anyone flown this early flight that can confirm? The Midway website states Security starts at 3:30 am. Thanks

It’s at least 4am. We usually take the 5:30 out and both curbside and self check are always up and running when we arrive at 4

Nope. Both the person on the phone and the person on chat said it “should be fine”. Hopefully so but thankfully I have early bird so I can check in at the airport if it doesn’t work. I will post on here June 1 if I was able to check in at home. They both said my situation was weird but both didn’t seem to think it was a big deal or say that tech people would look at the problem. They both just confirmed my flight was as booked.

It took about an hour and a half, but I got a new reservation number for my June trip. They basically had to cancel and rebook the whole thing. I don't get the error message when I check the new reservation, so you might want to call and inquire about that. Although I think you said you had early bird checkin, right? So the checking in part might not matter as much.

It was really interesting to see when I logged on at 11:30 that ALL Wanna Getaway prices for Dec 26 (the entire day) were sold out for Detroit to Orlando.

I started refreshing around 6am ET until the schedule opened at around 9:15am ET and there were no WGA fares for my return trip, the best was Anytime for $511 pp one way.

Wow that was painful. Over $1K/person. But rooms are locked in and we don't have a choice. We had over 100,000 points and thought that would be enough, but only covered one person. I don't know if we can afford to fly this time of year again, it definitely wasn't in my budget to spend quite this much.

Us too, we are renting DVC points. Definitely keep checking. There is always the good chance the flights will go down especially around the mid July time. Your points will be refunded to use for another trip. One of the best reasons to stick with SWA even after a frustrating day. Good luck.

$400 RT Alb to MCO, Thanksgiving week. No worse than what we pay for President's Week. Softened the blow by booking JetBlue down with points and half of the SW flights too, $600 oop for people, not bad but now it'll be a while til I have enough points again to make a difference.

It took about an hour and a half, but I got a new reservation number for my June trip. They basically had to cancel and rebook the whole thing. I don't get the error message when I check the new reservation, so you might want to call and inquire about that. Although I think you said you had early bird checkin, right? So the checking in part might not matter as much.

Thank you! I am not going to get a new reservation number because I don’t want my early bird checkin to go to the bottom of the list. I assume I probably won’t be able to print a boarding pass or even get it online ahead of time. I always give my bags to the skycap at the drop off area so I assume they can print it for me. I would hope I can get a boarding pass at the airport without issue. Hopefully they can access my stuff since the people always can when I call. Jeez I don’t need this to worry about.

Checked airfare around 7:30 CT, as I do daily, and saw nothing about November flights. My DH tells me at dinner a co-worker booked flights for Thanksgiving. I was like :eek:. Took his phone right away, we were out and mine was in the car, to check pricing. The way down is $5 more than I've been seeing. The return is $24 higher than I like. Got home booked the way down with a LUV voucher. I'm holding out on the return flight. Hoping it will go down at some point.

Thx for posting... was able to grab a decent one way for Xmas visit home ...
now just need mid Jan return...

Thank you! I am not going to get a new reservation number because I don’t want my early bird checkin to go to the bottom of the list. I assume I probably won’t be able to print a boarding pass or even get it online ahead of time. I always give my bags to the skycap at the drop off area so I assume they can print it for me. I would hope I can get a boarding pass at the airport without issue. Hopefully they can access my stuff since the people always can when I call. Jeez I don’t need this to worry about.

So if you just change a reservation to a different flight it doesn’t mess with your early bird standing? For some reason I thought it did.

OUCH. That would definitely hurt. Hope u catch a better price later on in the year!

Was that WGA or Anytime or Business Select?

I don't often find WGA being that high but def. for Anytime or Business Select. Our Anytime and Business Selects seem to be super high for a while now..like mid-to high $500 per way for Anytime and sometimes $600 per way for Anytime.

So I needed to book our flights over the Christmas holidays not to WDW (which we actually just returned from only yesterday)...but instead from Hartford to Salt Lake City (for a ski trip) to Las Vegas (to visit family), and back to Hartford. (I'm posting here because the DISBoards are my go-to place for posting about vacations, and because I spent the morning waiting for the flight schedule to load, too.) ;)

My stepson picked the dates for the ski trip, and I knew they were going to be awful -- we are traveling the Friday before Christmas, and returning the following weekend.

I ended up paying more than I ever have for Southwest tickets. It was $557pp one way from BDL to SLC (for a WGA fare!), and $394pp for the return leg from LAS to BDL. :sad1: For comparison, I flew out there this past January, and paid just $343pp round trip.

At least the SLC-LAS leg was cheap ($99pp), though the time is very late in the evening.

I thought about waiting for prices to possibly drop, but our dates are fixed and prices are even higher on the legacy carriers, so I bit the bullet and booked. I guess that was the right thing to do, since the WGA fare for my flight is now indicating "Sold Out," but I'm still in sticker shock.

It would.

That’s what I thought.

Last summer, I booked early bird on a flight from California months ahead. I ended up changing the flight the day before to another airport and booked a new flight for my son at the same time. We ended up with boarding numbers right next to each other. That made me think I got bumped when I changed.

So if you just change a reservation to a different flight it doesn’t mess with your early bird standing? For some reason I thought it did.

That’s why I am not doing anything to my reservation now. I did change the flight shortly after I booked it which may have bumped me down a little but no way will I do what the previous poster did to fix his inability to pull up his flight since I have early bird. He didn’t so he actually needed to fix the problem or he would be at the back of the boarding.

That’s why I am not doing anything to my reservation now. I did change the flight shortly after I booked it which may have bumped me down a little but no way will I do what the previous poster did to fix his inability to pull up his flight since I have early bird. He didn’t so he actually needed to fix the problem or he would be at the back of the boarding.

That makes sense. I think I must have mis-read your other post and thought you said you could change a reservation without losing your EBCI spot (thinking it wouldn’t trigger a new reservation number to change instead of cancel/ rebook).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter