Post all SW questions concerns, etc. here...

We fly from Buffalo. I booked our preferred early morning down, evening return, both nonstops. Booked with points & companion pass. It was about $134/ $165 if I paid cash. There are cheaper options, ($101 each) but those are for late evening flights to Orlando & an early morning flight home. That is like losing 2 days of vacation. It was worth a little extra to be there longer.

All booked for Dec 7-13....PVD to MCO. Flying SW down, using points, but JB home, again using points. SW just didn’t have return times I needed.

Sooo... I immediately booked my return flight home, I never book RT tickets, I thought it was a good rate, like 116pp for MCO to PHL on Friday 11/8. I thought the pricing was high for going down PHL to MCO for Sunday, 11/3. I thought 217pp was high for the first NS flight out at like 6am. I didn't want to fly that early and their afternoon NS flight was same price but it would have been too late for our plans that day. I decided to shop around, look at other carriers. In the end what we decided to do and is always an option... we are flying into Tampa (TPA) on Southwest, it is an easy hour drive to Disney and we got the flight for 128pp, much better than the 217pp and it leaves 1.5 hrs later than that 6am flight. I was planning to rent a car anyways. Glad airline tickets are taken care of!

We'll be flying(if I can get it booked) from Detroit to Orlando for a short trip before Christmas(12/18-12/23).

Did you manage to book at 9am? Do you remember what prices were like?

When I booked at 11:30am, it was $177 DTW to MCO on Sat, Dec 21. More expensive before and after.

When I look at the price for early bird check in, it says $15-25. What is the difference? We have only flown a couple of times,. Both times SW, so we are really are not very knowledgeable on all of these things. This time it will be myself, DH and DGS who is 6.

When I look at the price for early bird check in, it says $15-25. What is the difference? We have only flown a couple of times,. Both times SW, so we are really are not very knowledgeable on all of these things. This time it will be myself, DH and DGS who is 6.
EBCI prices are now tiered. Personally I've always been charged $25. Buffalo and Orlando flights.

Does anyone know what time the self serve kiosks and bag check in starts at Midway airport for Southwest? We have a 5:30 am flight and was planning on arriving between 3:30-3:45 am. But someone posted they don’t start the check in kiosks until 4:30am. That doesn’t leave a lot of time to get bags checked and through security. Has anyone flown this early flight that can confirm? The Midway website states Security starts at 3:30 am. Thanks

am i the only one seeing $400 tix? unfortunately i will have to wait and hope they go down in price.

Two adults traveling with a child, who is six years old or younger, are allowed to board bewteen the "A" and "B" boarding groups, at no additional cost. That will place you in about the first 30-40% of the boarding passengers, if the flight is full. With Early Bird Check-in that is purchased well in advance of the departure date (4-6 months or so), you could be in the first 15-20% to board. For the three of you, the EBCI could cost you a total extra cost of $75 each way.

Two adults traveling with a child, who is six years old or younger, are allowed to board bewteen the "A" and "B" boarding groups, at no additional cost. That will place you in about the first 30-40% of the boarding passengers, if the flight is full. With Early Bird Check-in that is purchased well in advance of the departure date (4-6 months or so), you could be in the first 15-20% to board. For the three of you, the EBCI could cost you a total extra cost of $75 each way.
So, chances are, we would probably all get to sit together anyway? To be honest, we are going back and forth between choosing Delta and SW. We will have to drive an hour and a half for the non stop flights for SW, and we were doing it because of the baggage fees on the others, but even paying for baggage, on the other the prices are the same with getting to pick a seat. I just can't decide which to choose!

am i the only one seeing $400 tix? unfortunately i will have to wait and hope they go down in price.
$600 RT Portland ME to MCO for 11/8-15. 🤑
I’m wondering if the high prices are due to the fact that they still have no idea when the Max 8 planes will be back in service? 🤔

Does anyone know what time the self serve kiosks and bag check in starts at Midway airport for Southwest? We have a 5:30 am flight and was planning on arriving between 3:30-3:45 am. But someone posted they don’t start the check in kiosks until 4:30am. That doesn’t leave a lot of time to get bags checked and through security. Has anyone flown this early flight that can confirm? The Midway website states Security starts at 3:30 am. Thanks
I'm flying out of Midway for a 6:30 am flight and this will be my first time at this airport so I'm very interested in any replies you may get.

I’m wondering if the high prices are due to the fact that they still have no idea when the Max 8 planes will be back in service? 🤔
yes thats pretty steep. im seeing $400 one way from fll to grr in nov ☹

So, chances are, we would probably all get to sit together anyway? To be honest, we are going back and forth between choosing Delta and SW. We will have to drive an hour and a half for the non stop flights for SW, and we were doing it because of the baggage fees on the others, but even paying for baggage, on the other the prices are the same with getting to pick a seat. I just can't decide which to choose!
I missed originally that your child will be 6 when you fly. You will be eligible for family boarding with a 6yo so you will all be able to sit together.
Historically November flights tend to be higher than other times of the year. Not sure why but it's a trend I've noticed. If you go back in this thread to the last time November flights were opened you will see exactly the same scenarios repeating. Higher prices in November.

It was really interesting to see when I logged on at 11:30 that ALL Wanna Getaway prices for Dec 26 (the entire day) were sold out for Detroit to Orlando.

Yes, you should certainly be able to sit together. Southwest has two different seating capacities - the 737-700 has 143 seats and the 737-800 and MAX8 have 175 seats. With Family Boarding, you could be anywhere between about #60-80 in boarding, depending on how many Preboards and other families there may be. Also, if the flight originates in another city, you might have a few continuing passengers already in their seats. Even so, you could figure on about half of the seats being open on a Southwest flight.

If flying when there could be weather issues, i.e. snow, hurricanes, etc., I always prefer a nonstop flight.

I'm flying out of Midway for a 6:30 am flight and this will be my first time at this airport so I'm very interested in any replies you may get.
We fly out of Indy and always take the 6am direct to Mco... we usually get there around 445 and the kiosk and curb checks are always running. Can’t speak for other airports but we curb check every time, THEN go park the car in economy lot, shuttle back to airport...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter