Post all SW questions concerns, etc. here...

Whew, so glad that's over! Booked our pre-cruise & post-park flights and we're ready to go! Glad I can finally take a deep breath & relax knowing our ADR & park itinerary will work as we planned!
Best wishes to everyone else!!

So happy I booked right away this morning. Had just enough points for my family of 6. Round trip from Buffalo... prices have already increased!

PIT - MCO

Compared to prices last year same dates (friday after thanksgiving), rates were significantly lower when I got page to load. Have been refreshing periodically since i woke @ 3:45 am lol

What really annoys me is the site was so wonky. Note that I always log into my account first JIK i’m Going to use points.

Had first RT combo in cart, adding in the Mr’s KTN, hit submit and get dreaded error message they can’t book the flight.

Reprice & see the lower fare on 29th went poof, ok, still not too bad...rinse & lather...same error message when checking out

Grrr

Settle upon a very late flight into MCO to point where we will likely just stay @ airport hotel & pick up rental car the next am.

Wind up with $159 to & $147 home. $611 all in, less than where my Oct trip will land

Just glanced at email confirmation and my name is spelled wrong. how??? I was signed into my account & it self populated the form for my info. Name is hybrid of my real name & then the last 2 letters repeated.

Called & elected for return call in a hour to discuss

Seriously, SWA, between the multiple flight cancellations (Boeing, including one only a few hours ahead of time earlier this month) & today’s mess, I’m losing faith in you. Get it together!🐘

I haven't booked our return flight yet. Waiting to see if the times get better.
Honestly I book my returns first.... I've noticed the patterns lately are High or sellout prices on Saturdays and Sundays,so I grab those before I grab my inbound flights Thanks @SouthFayetteFan for the tip on low fare calendar it worked!

My preferred flight is on a MAX8; I booked it.

Does anyone have any concerns about flying on that aircraft?

For those who booked today, did you check the aircraft scheduled for your flights?

Presumably, the FAA will deem the MAX8 to be airworthy by late fall, but if not, will there likely be the same problem with cancellations, as over the past several months? I can”t imagine Southwest scheduling MAX8 flights, unless they had a strong indication that the planes would be released by the FAA, by then.

My preferred flight is on a MAX8; I booked it.

Does anyone have any concerns about flying on that aircraft?

For those who booked today, did you check the aircraft scheduled for your flights?

Presumably, the FAA will deem the MAX8 to be airworthy by late fall, but if not, will there likely be the same problem with cancellations, as over the past several months? I can”t imagine Southwest scheduling MAX8 flights, unless they had a strong indication that the planes would be released by the FAA, by then.

Just booked a 1 way return flight from MCO to LAS and mine is a max 8 as well. Not really worried about it. Im certain southwest has already planned for the worst case scenarios with the Max8.

Booked our WGA flights with points. Not the greatest prices, but not terrible considering it’s December. NS flight down from IND was $155, ns flight back from MCO was $122. Could’ve booked the last flight out on our return date for $99, but didn’t want to take a chance on bad weather back home that time of year, plus we wouldn’t arrive home until about 2:00 am and DD has to work the next day. Overall pretty happy with what we got.

OK - so after getting up at 6am and refreshing until 8:30am, I gave up and went for my aquafit class. Got home at 11:30am and booked.

Detroit to Orlando
Dec 21 nonstop 2pm - 4:45pm - $177
Orlando to Detroit
Jan 4 nonstop 12:45pm - 3:25pm - $220

I paid in points.

Anyone else see prices from Detroit to Orlando in late December? Really curious to know prices were like at 9am.

Just booked Pit-FLL for our christmas cruise. Prices were high and the flight down is earlier then we wanted, but I'm not flying Pit-MCo-fll., so the kids will have to miss the last couple of hours of school. At least a decent return time on the way back. Wiped out most of my points, but I'm glad to have them.

How do you know what aircraft you're flying?
You have to look on the website, not the app. When you are on the search result page for the date and city pairs you want, click on the blue hyperlink for the flight number you select (on the left side). A box will open, which shows the aircraft, capacity, and the on-time performance for that flight number.

This is typically what you will see:

Flight information
Flight #3342
% Ontime arrivalN/A
% > 30 min lateN/A
% CancellationN/A
Average delay timeN/A
Aircraft information
Scheduled Aircraft*Boeing 737 MAX8
No. of seats175
WiFi & FreeTV available
*Boeing 737-MAX8 Aircraft are currently grounded by the FAA. Until the MAX8 aircraft returns to service, Southwest plans to operate MAX8 flights with a different aircraft type. Flight schedules and aircraft type remain subject to change per the Contract of Carriage

Last edited:
You have to look on the website, not the app. When you are on the search result page for the date and city pairs you want, click on the blue hyperlink for the flight number you select (on the left side). A box will open, which shows the aircraft, capacity, and the on-time performance for that flight number.
Gotcha...found it. Does this mean Max 8......... Boeing 737-800 ? Wait..I think I answered my own question..sez it seats 175. Our return flight shows Boeing 737-700 which seats 145. My guess is the first flight is a Max 8. Hopefully by December everyone will have figured things out.....

Gotcha...found it. Does this mean Max 8......... Boeing 737-800 ? Wait..I think I answered my own question..sez it seats 175. Our return flight shows Boeing 737-700 which seats 145. My guess is the first flight is a Max 8. Hopefully by December everyone will have figured things out.....
No, 737-800 is currently flying. It's not the same as the grounded 737-800 MAX

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter