Post all SW questions concerns, etc. here...

Are layovers terrible? We currently have a flight arriving at 5:30 on a Saturday and I would love to move it earlier but all comparable flights have a layover (but no plane change). DH is completely against them but I'm stressing about this arrival flight being so late.

We have planes 99% of the time since flying from Islip there are few direct flights to other places. As long as the layover is not too long we find no problem. Not having to change planes is even better. No chance of missing the next flight.

No, not l
Are layovers terrible? We currently have a flight arriving at 5:30 on a Saturday and I would love to move it earlier but all comparable flights have a layover (but no plane change). DH is completely against them but I'm stressing about this arrival flight being so late.
I think the only thing terrible about layovers is that it ups the chance for something to go wrong. Takeoffs and landings are riskier than the actual flights. Oh, and that if your layover is too short, your checked luggage could be delayed.

The advantage is the potential to exit the plane and stretch your legs, and if the layover is long enough, to use the airport facilities and get food.

When are you flying? A layover increases the opportunities for weather delays during certain months.

When are you flying? A layover increases the opportunities for weather delays during certain months.
February. So now I really want to change it to earlier because I didn't really think about weather but don't want to be on a late flight and have it canceled for snow with no other flights available until the next day.

February. So now I really want to change it to earlier because I didn't really think about weather but don't want to be on a late flight and have it canceled for snow with no other flights available until the next day.
Yes, but also consider the weather of the city you are adding a stopover at. I always think I won’t mind a stopover until the day of travel and I kick myself for adding a stopover as it adds so much time and sometimes stress to an already long travel day.

I’m always happiest with direct flights when it’s an option.

Got an email this morning, $49 three day sale. Didn't change either of the flights I have booked but worth looking at.

While I prefer non-stop SW's no plane change layovers are the next best thing. Usually these layovers are short, 30-45 minutes. Once landed and everyone else exits the plane you're free to move to a better seat, anywhere on the plane before others are boarded.

Wanna get away fares were sold out so I had to book the Business Select fare for a flight this weekend. I’ve never done that before- how do I get my free drink? Is there something on the boarding pass that will print out or be on the app boarding pass?

Wanna get away fares were sold out so I had to book the Business Select fare for a flight this weekend. I’ve never done that before- how do I get my free drink? Is there something on the boarding pass that will print out or be on the app boarding pass?
It will be on your boarding pass when you print it out.

What is the most times you have rebooked your flight for a lower price? Going on the 4th time now! Saved over $90 now.

I just rebooked for the second time for flights in December. Flights went down from $113.00 each way to $99.00 this time around, saving $56.00 total. Initial purchase was in May, when the schedule opened up. A few weeks later, rebooked and saved $44.00. Pays to be vigilant. Also forces another trip prior to next May...to use the credit balance:).

New concerns about 737 aircraft, not related to the MAX series.

https://apple.news/Agbx62-YyQTmSjoDYdjHeyg
Headlines like that and whatnot don't do anything other than to create panic for something that doesn't need. You'd have to read further into the story for the article to even state the 737 NG issue is not related to the MAX issue (something that people won't necessarily think about).

The entire article reads like normal wear and tear concerns. The airlines should already be inspecting these things but I could totally see if the FAA wanted a bit more oversight at the moment with Boeing under higher scrutiny and maybe even more since some of those planes have probably been flown more than originally scheduled to compensate for the MAX grounding.

Wasn't it last year that emergency engine inspections occurred with SWA? They dealt with it then and that seemed way more disrupting than this at least at the moment.

This isn't even emergency either. 165 planes across the airlines that have 737 NG (Next Generation) have to be inspected in a week. The rest of the nearly 2,000 and the order from the FAA was that periodic inspection needs to occur (and I hope they would be doing that already).

I am a complete noob when it comes to SW. I just checked in and got assigned A33. Is that good, bad or just ok?

I am a complete noob when it comes to SW. I just checked in and got assigned A33. Is that good, bad or just ok?
It is excellent!! Often A1-15 has little/no people so other than the pre-boards (wheelchairs, etc) you will probably be within the first 20 people to enter the plane. Guessing you purchased EBCI. Is this correct?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter