Post all SW questions concerns, etc. here...

I know October 30 is release day for flights through June 6, but does Southwest ever have Black Friday sales or any other sale that might be better prices than first day release prices? I’m looking for the best rates for late May, early June.

I know October 30 is release day for flights through June 6, but does Southwest ever have Black Friday sales or any other sale that might be better prices than first day release prices? I’m looking for the best rates for late May, early June.

I have never seen or read about any special Black Friday sales

Booking for a very expensive and popular week on release day using points. Should I book roundtrip all on one confirmation number? Or should I book each way separately in case the fares/points go down and we can get credited? I'm thinking booking all at once is faster although booking separately would be easier to adjust later on if necessary.

Booking for a very expensive and popular week on release day using points. Should I book roundtrip all on one confirmation number? Or should I book each way separately in case the fares/points go down and we can get credited? I'm thinking booking all at once is faster although booking separately would be easier to adjust later on if necessary.
If your are booking for just one, there is no longer any need to book 2 one-ways, if both ways are on points. When going through the "change" process, the system allows you to change just one flight or roundtrip. However, if you are booking multiple passengers, you may be able to find lower fares for some in your party, but not all. In that case, I suggest opening multiple browsers at time of initial booking to check for greatest number of seats available at the lowest fare.

Will there be a mad rush tomorrow? When the current fares went on sale, I jumped on them on the release date. Yet several weeks later, the fares that I'd booked took a rate cut...which I was able to capture but obviously in the form of credits v.s. any $$$. I'm looking for the Wednesday after Easter, MDW/MCO....I'd have to guess that my dates won't sell out...might I be better to wait a bit to see if the rates go down?

If your are booking for just one, there is no longer any need to book 2 one-ways, if both ways are on points. When going through the "change" process, the system allows you to change just one flight or roundtrip. However, if you are booking multiple passengers, you may be able to find lower fares for some in your party, but not all. In that case, I suggest opening multiple browsers at time of initial booking to check for greatest number of seats available at the lowest fare.
I am booking for three passengers all on points under my own account so I could do 3 roundtrips on points or book each way separately.

Waiting on Southwest to open up its next round of flights :rolleyes1 Anyone else joining me :crazy2:
Me! The 5 minute drive to work will kill me because I have a feeling that is when it will open. How is this teacher supposed to teach her morning classes?!?!??!

Been up since 5:30 so I could be dressed and ready for work before flights release. Now I wait and hope they are released before 8!

Me! The 5 minute drive to work will kill me because I have a feeling that is when it will open. How is this teacher supposed to teach her morning classes?!?!??!
As a retired teacher and can relate to what you are going through, KayW :scared: It does seem like Southwest used to release the dates closer to 6 AM Eastern time a lot more regularly :scratchin Now it seems like the release time is so much more random :headache:

I am here! Already told my boss I will be late. Thankfully the staff don’t mind postponing the flu vaccine a little bit😁

As a retired teacher and can relate to what you are going through, KayW :scared: It does seem like Southwest used to release the dates closer to 6 AM Eastern time a lot more regularly :scratchin Now it seems like the release time is so much more random :headache:

I have a study hall 1st period so they need to be released before 8:45...I have to teach 2nd period!

So true! I still get up and log on early hoping they will return to 6:00am timeframe😌

I know! Loved it when it was between 6 and 6:30. Now I have to keep refreshing and teaching all at the same time. This won't be pretty today. Should have planned the test I am giving for today!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter