Post all SW questions concerns, etc. here...

Can some one explain the companion pass to me? The account is in my name. Will I be able to get the tickets for my husband and kids on the same account?
If you hold the companion pass you designate one person to fly with you for free anytime you fly for as long as you hold the pass. You can change who that person is, but I believe there is a limit to how many times you can change.

Southwest is again offering to make a one-time change to date/flight, due to continued grounding of MAX aircraft. This time, early January-early February flights may take advantage of this offer. Check your January/February reservations to see if your flights are eligible.

You may change your trip date/time at no additional cost if you stay inside the restrictions below.
DEPART FLIGHT RESTRICTIONS

• Departure airport must be: Xxxxxxxxxxx
  • Arrival airport must be: Xxxxxxxxxx
Note: Changes made outside the conditions listed above will not be protected under our established reaccommodation practices and may result in a higher fare.

Southwest Airlines Reaccommodation Practices and Information:

• When Southwest Airlines® learns of events that may affect our flights' departures such as inclement conditions or airport anomalies that may hinder our Customers' abilities to get to/from a particular airport, we will offer Customers the opportunity to change their travel dates and/or flight times at no additional charge.
  • Even though Southwest® is offering the opportunity to make these changes, the Customer's original flight(s) may operate as scheduled, so changing travel dates and/or flight times is completely voluntary and not required.
  • Customers who would like to alter their travel plans may rebook in the original class of service (or fly standby) and travel must take place within 14 days of their original travel date between the original city pairs. (In some cases when a particular airport is affected, and Southwest® serves a "sister airport" or "co-terminal", we will offer the flexibility to depart from/arrive into an alternate airport. For example, if San Francisco International Airport is affected, Customers may be offered the opportunity to change to the San Jose or Oakland airports.)
  • Only Customers who purchased their ticket(s) on southwest.com are eligible to rebook via our online View or Change Your Flight service. All other Customers should call our toll-free number (800) 435-9792 for assistance.
  • If changes are made for travel outside the parameters of Southwest Airlines' reaccommodation practices, the changes are subject to the original fare restrictions and may result in a higher fare.
  • Customers who have booked a Business Select Fare may change to another flight with Business Select or may switch to an Anytime Fare when Business Select is unavailable.

If we are affected we have to be emailed by SW correct?
Don’t wait for an email; just look up your flight or call. Even if your flight is not affected, there will be a message, when selecting to change your reservation, that will allow you to make voluntary changes, if you like, at no additional cost.

Thanks. I called but they said it's better to wait for the email. Maybe they are just getting started with this and they probably work their way through dates.

Thanks. I called but they said it's better to wait for the email. Maybe they are just getting started with this and they probably work their way through dates.
I would recommend checking your flights online or on the app. I didn't receive any emails from SW but when I went in I was able to move our flight home at no additional cost. It was so much nicer being picked up by DME at 11:15am rather than the original 4:30am and....it didn't cost us a penny! I'd recommend looking online even before receiving an email. Also, if it is an option, you might have a better choice of flights before others start looking too.

*Edited to note I just saw the posts regarding the others who received the same notification. Unfortunately there is only one non stop return flight so this really screws up our plans 😢

I just received a message from SW that they have changed my January return flight from a non stop flight at 8am to a connecting flight getting home 4 hours later than original flight. The only other non stop flight that day won’t get us home until 10:50pm. I’m really disappointed and annoyed by this change.

We may now have to shorten our trip by 1 day so that we can get a better flight time. I need to talk to my husband and daughter to see what works best for everyone’s schedule and then change my ground transportation.

Has this happened to anyone else and what was SW’s response if you complained? I left a message for them to call me so I can at least find out why they changed the flight times.

I've booked a round trip flight to Vegas, both early morning flights, purchased with points, but keep watching SW for price drops. I just found a cheaper price leaving the night before. I'm undecided which I'd rather do, arrive late at night, or if I keep the early morning flight, I would have to leave my house by 1:30 a.m. to catch a 2 hour shuttle to Atlanta in order to be at the airport at 4:15, 2 hours before my 6:15 a.m. flight. Since I'm undecided, I'd like to go ahead and purchase the night before flight with points, then make a decision which I want to do. My question is, if I decide to take the night before flight, can I cancel the early morning flight (booked as round trip) without affecting the return flight? My trip is a month away so I have time to decide what to do, but uncertain whether canceling part of a round trip ticket will affect the return flight.

*Edited to note I just saw the posts regarding the others who received the same notification. Unfortunately there is only one non stop return flight so this really screws up our plans 😢

I just received a message from SW that they have changed my January return flight from a non stop flight at 8am to a connecting flight getting home 4 hours later than original flight. The only other non stop flight that day won’t get us home until 10:50pm. I’m really disappointed and annoyed by this change.

We may now have to shorten our trip by 1 day so that we can get a better flight time. I need to talk to my husband and daughter to see what works best for everyone’s schedule and then change my ground transportation.

Has this happened to anyone else and what was SW’s response if you complained? I left a message for them to call me so I can at least find out why they changed the flight times.
I'm sorry this happened. I know that SW has had to change things again this week due to the additional time of the grounded Max 8's. Could it be your flights were affected by these changes? Not sure when you're flying so not sure if this is the culprit?

I will say, when I book flights right now, until the Max 8 situation is fully resolved and the planes are flying again, I consider all of my flight times to be tentative. It doesn't help with planning but so many people have had their flight times changed after booking that I'm trying to prepare myself that this could happen to me too.

I'm sorry this happened. I know that SW has had to change things again this week due to the additional time of the grounded Max 8's. Could it be your flights were affected by these changes? Not sure when you're flying so not sure if this is the culprit?

I will say, when I book flights right now, until the Max 8 situation is fully resolved and the planes are flying again, I consider all of my flight times to be tentative. It doesn't help with planning but so many people have had their flight times changed after booking that I'm trying to prepare myself that this could happen to me too.
I had no idea this was even a potential problem! We took 4 round trip flights within the last year with no issue. This trip is in January. I honestly think SW just isn’t offering as many direct flights to/from ISP & MCO. Every time I book there are less direct flights. Sadly now they are only offering one And it’s an evening flight. Oh well...we will just adjust our plans and come home a day earlier.

Scrappinginontario, I'll give it a day and check tomorrow. You said as soon as I check change flight to look for new dates a pop up appears??

Scrappinginontario, I'll give it a day and check tomorrow. You said as soon as I check change flight to look for new dates a pop up appears??

I can't remember exactly what I saw as it's been a few months since this option was offered for the flights we took last month but I remember seeing either a red banner on my confirmation page or red text somewhere. Honestly I can't remember the exact details other than it was very clear there was an option for me to change flights at no additional cost.

Current dates affected are Jan 6th to Feb 8th. Even if you didn't get an email or your flight didn't change you should be able to move your flights to ANY flight within 14 days either before or after. Even now you can book a flight in that time frame and after ticketing immediately change +/- 14 days. My guess is they will shut the ability to move these flights online off probably tonight or tomorrow. So if you are looking to book January flights for the lowest price then move to more expensive dates I'd do it now

[QUOTE
I can't remember exactly what I saw as it's been a few months since this option was offered for the flights we took last month but I remember seeing either a red banner on my confirmation page or red text somewhere. Honestly I can't remember the exact details other than it was very clear there was an option for me to change flights at no additional cost.

Thanks again for the advice! I checked this morning online and had the ability to change flights.

Here's your friendly reminder that Southwest Airlines next schedule release is expected to occur on Wednesday October 30 (1 week from yesterday).
  • Currently SW is offering flights through 4/13/20 and this next release will take their schedule out to 6/6/20 (covering the remainder of spring break season as well as Memorial day but narrowly missing the beginning of "summer break" trips). I'll try to post an additional reminder next week.
For those that care about "release timing" it's been all over the board recently (all times eastern).
- The release on 9/26/19 went live at 7:30am.
- The release on 8/15/19 went live at 10:41am.
- The release on 5/30/19 went live at 9:20am.

I've booked a round trip flight to Vegas, both early morning flights, purchased with points, but keep watching SW for price drops. I just found a cheaper price leaving the night before. I'm undecided which I'd rather do, arrive late at night, or if I keep the early morning flight, I would have to leave my house by 1:30 a.m. to catch a 2 hour shuttle to Atlanta in order to be at the airport at 4:15, 2 hours before my 6:15 a.m. flight. Since I'm undecided, I'd like to go ahead and purchase the night before flight with points, then make a decision which I want to do. My question is, if I decide to take the night before flight, can I cancel the early morning flight (booked as round trip) without affecting the return flight? My trip is a month away so I have time to decide what to do, but uncertain whether canceling part of a round trip ticket will affect the return flight.
I’ve done this several times. You can cancel part of a round trip. I always do it by phone but others have reported changing online.

I seem to recall that having a car seat was one of the things that allowed you to preboard. Am I misremembering? Or confusing WN with another airline?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter