Post all SW questions concerns, etc. here...

Keep in mind that those who purchase Business Select and even Anytime fares are highly likely to receive a better boarding position than Wanna Get Away fares. Who knows what algorithm SW uses to determine boarding slots but you can be sure that they are certainly going to reward those who spend the most on their tickets:).
I agree but in the case of the OP, nobody was in the A1 - A16 slots so even though she purchased EBCI after her husband he was still 45+ people behind her in line, plus family boarding would have also happened in there.

Keep in mind that those who purchase Business Select and even Anytime fares are highly likely to receive a better boarding position than Wanna Get Away fares. Who knows what algorithm SW uses to determine boarding slots but you can be sure that they are certainly going to reward those who spend the most on their tickets:).

Yes, I know all that. As I said, there was NO ONE in A 1 -16. At A 17 I was the first person boarding after the medical preboards & I was flying FREE as a companion. My DH, who PAID, was B3. There was no one in A16, normally the first slot after Business Select. My point was, my DH should have been slotted before me, in that empty A 16 slot. We have been using the companion pass for 2 years now. I have never been positioned before my DH., let alone 46 slots before him. And when I buy our tickets opening morning, adding EBCI at that time, we have never been higher than A 49. And my first flight & our return flight matched our previous experience. So my point was, there had to be some glitch/ anomaly that caused him to get B3 on that first flight. Because I do not feel his ticket followed what we have experienced as the normal EBCI process.

Yes, I know all that. As I said, there was NO ONE in A 1 -16. At A 17 I was the first person boarding after the medical preboards & I was flying FREE as a companion. My DH, who PAID, was B3. There was no one in A16, normally the first slot after Business Select. My point was, my DH should have been slotted before me, in that empty A 16 slot. We have been using the companion pass for 2 years now. I have never been positioned before my DH., let alone 46 slots before him. And when I buy our tickets opening morning, adding EBCI at that time, we have never been higher than A 49. And my first flight & our return flight matched our previous experience. So my point was, there had to be some glitch/ anomaly that caused him to get B3 on that first flight. Because I do not feel his ticket followed what we have experienced as the normal EBCI process.
You're right.....crap happens:).

I have a late April flight and am concerned we are going to get a cancellation/ change notice. It's showing the planes for my scheduled flights as Boeing 737-700 and Boeing 737-800. As I understand it, they are not the grounded MAX planes- they are the older versions (prior to Max), but I still want to make sure that I'm not in danger of a cancellation or undesirable flight change. While searching, I did find a recent article that there have been some structural issues with these older planes, too, though- I'm feeling nervous! Any input? TIA!!!

Last edited:

Another Southwest MAX Flight schedule revision - now 03/06/2020 - 04/13/2020. If you are flying Southwest, during that time frame, log into your account and check your flights; you may be offered a one-time opportunity to change your current flights to more desirable dates/times at no additional cost, as long as they are within the stated time perameters and have available space in your fare type. Look for a banner at the top of the page, after selecting to change your flight, advising that your flights are eligible for change, at no additional cost. It may take a few days for the banner to appear. It's advised to make any desired changes ASAP, as the offer is usually not available very long.

https://www.southwestaircommunity.c...kdKOU7ZkXQEhpd8bXuZ6lF8Pt_p_7MF1QAmbSVdbepKXw

I'm confused. I have flights booked for April. I just saw our first flight dropped $11.00. I did the old change thing...and instead of showing an $11.00 credit coming, it sez 0. Even though I clearly paid $11.00 more than the flight is today. I've done this before and it's always worked....why isn't it showing the $11.00 savings? I didn't change the flight...I just aborted the process..but I've gone back twice now..and it still won't acknowledge the $11.00 price drop?

Last edited:
I'm confused. I have flights booked for April. I just saw our first flight dropped $11.00. I did the old change thing...and instead of showing an $11.00 credit coming, it sez 0. Even though I cleared paid $11.00 more than the flight is today. I've done this before and it's always worked....why isn't it showing the $11.00 savings? I didn't change the flight...I just aborted the process..but I've gone back twice now..and it still won't acknowledge the $11.00 price drop?
I don't have any funds I can check this with but have you tried checking your travel funds as described below? Possibly they're displaying differently now? I really don't know but this is the first thing I thought of as it was just introduced a couple of weeks ago.

Southwest finally added a link for looking up unused travel funds, without needing to know the original confirmation number of the reservation generating the travel funds.

After logging in to your RR account on the website, there will be a link at the top of the My Account page, displayed under the My Travel Funds.section. This link will only show travel funds accrued on or after 12/03/2019.

I don't have any funds I can check this with but have you tried checking your travel funds as described below? Possibly they're displaying differently now? I really don't know but this is the first thing I thought of as it was just introduced a couple of weeks ago.
I have travel funds that accrued through the year by me doing just what I'm trying to do today for our flight a few weeks ago. My new flights for April have dropped in price since I bought..yet when I try to "change" my flight to take advantage of the drop, the system isn't indicating any credit to be taken..should say -$11.00..instead it's saying 0. Unfortunately, the credits I do have I couldn't use for the April flight...they expire in March. The only thing I do notice is SW is saying only 1 left at the new rate....I'm trying to change 2 tickets..could that be the issue?

I have travel funds that accrued through the year by me doing just what I'm trying to do today for our flight a few weeks ago. My new flights for April have dropped in price since I bought..yet when I try to "change" my flight to take advantage of the drop, the system isn't indicating any credit to be taken..should say -$11.00..instead it's saying 0. Unfortunately, the credits I do have I couldn't use for the April flight...they expire in March. The only thing I do notice is SW is saying only 1 left at the new rate....I'm trying to change 2 tickets..could that be the issue?
Yes that could be the issue for sure. If there is only 1 seat available at the reduced flight and you are attempting to change 2 tickets then you're automatically being offered the lowest fare for the number of tickets you're attempting to change. I'm fairly confident this is why you're seeing what you are.

Yes that could be the issue for sure. If there is only 1 seat available at the reduced flight and you are attempting to change 2 tickets then you're automatically being offered the lowest fare for the number of tickets you're attempting to change. I'm fairly confident this is why you're seeing what you are.
Yes, as pp said, that could definitely be the issue. Are you traveling in early April? If so it could also be because of the Max 8 issue, see the post above yours. Can you change it to any flight for $0, not just the current one you're booked on? If so and you want to keep the same flight I'd recommend waiting a couple of days until the window has closed to change flights for free. Then you might be able to get the credit depending on pricing at that time.

Yes, as pp said, that could definitely be the issue. Are you traveling in early April? If so it could also be because of the Max 8 issue, see the post above yours. Can you change it to any flight for $0, not just the current one you're booked on? If so and you want to keep the same flight I'd recommend waiting a couple of days until the window has closed to change flights for free. Then you might be able to get the credit depending on pricing at that time.
No, it's for mid to late April so at this point, we're not in the latest MAX 8 fiasco. Both planes at this point on our flights are showing 737-700 or 800. I do believe that my issue is the 1 seat left thingy. I'm gonna keep trying!

I don't know if you feel it's worth the time and hassle for only $11.00, but you can try calling Southwest for assistance; they may have to separate into two separate reservations to apply the $11.00 credit. If you have EBCI, you may end up losing it on the reservation that was changed.

I don't know if you feel it's worth the time and hassle for only $11.00, but you can try calling Southwest for assistance; they may have to separate into two separate reservations to apply the $11.00 credit. If you have EBCI, you may end up losing it on the reservation that was changed.
Absolutely not worth the risk of losing current EBCI slot...or to wait on hold. If it were $111.00, well.....then I think I'd make the call and wait:). I'll just check every day to see what transpires. We got a pretty fair price anyway but I love to nickel and dime as much as I can prior to a flight:).

I have a flight booked for late January on a 737–800 ( which I don't think is the max 8). Should I know by now if that flight has to be changed. I did not receive an email and I haven't seen anything on our account page?

I have a flight booked for late January on a 737–800 ( which I don't think is the max 8). Should I know by now if that flight has to be changed. I did not receive an email and I haven't seen anything on our account page?

Just want to say that that's not a MAX-8, so there's no reason (to my knowledge) why that flight would have to be changed.

As already mentioned, the 737-800 is NOT the same aircraft as a MAX8. If SW was going to change your flight due to the MAX8 issue, they would have already done so for January flights. The flight that shows on your account at this point won't change - baring some other bizarre circumstance.

FYI, it's not just the MAX8 flights that are impacted. Other flights may also be involved as SW needs to re-adjust schedules across the system. It's not as simple as just cancelling a flight because the planned aircraft was a MAX8.

Steve

I forget how to see what plane you are going to have. Can someone please refresh my memory? Thanks so much

I don't fly often, but I'm planning to use points to fly to Orlando in the first weekend in March. My dates are not flexible unfortunately as I'm travelling for a specific event and I can't miss an extra day of work to leave a day early. Flights seem crazy expensive that weekend compared to the weekend surrounding it. Would anyone know if Southwest typically drops prices a little getting closer to the date? Should I book now and check each week? (I did that last time, and ended up scoring super cheap flights) I'm paying with points, but I still want the cheapest price possible. Leaving from any of the 3 DC/Baltimore airports Thursday-Sunday. Is there anyway to get a promo code? I considered not flying SW but going for one of the other discount airlines and paying with money but the price nearly doubles with bags....I guess I am just looking for the most affordable way to do this. Thanks for your insight. :)

I don't fly often, but I'm planning to use points to fly to Orlando in the first weekend in March. My dates are not flexible unfortunately as I'm travelling for a specific event and I can't miss an extra day of work to leave a day early. Flights seem crazy expensive that weekend compared to the weekend surrounding it. Would anyone know if Southwest typically drops prices a little getting closer to the date? Should I book now and check each week? (I did that last time, and ended up scoring super cheap flights) I'm paying with points, but I still want the cheapest price possible. Leaving from any of the 3 DC/Baltimore airports Thursday-Sunday. Is there anyway to get a promo code? I considered not flying SW but going for one of the other discount airlines and paying with money but the price nearly doubles with bags....I guess I am just looking for the most affordable way to do this. Thanks for your insight. :)
If you're booking with Southwest Rapid Rewards points there is absolutely no risk to book now. If prices decrease you can modify your flight and get the point difference refunded.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter