• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Post all SW questions concerns, etc. here...

Anxiously awaiting the release of September flights. We got 2 giftcards for Southwest, and I am hoping it works out. I looked at some of the flights in July/August and noticed many days only have a crack of dawn flight or late night flight. Neither of those are really feasible for our return home. The last 2 trips we flew Southwest and they had more flights available. I did look at American Airlines and they have decent flight times and it's pretty cheap. I guess we can do that if worse comes to worse, even though we got the Southwest giftcards.

Anxiously awaiting the release of September flights. We got 2 giftcards for Southwest, and I am hoping it works out. I looked at some of the flights in July/August and noticed many days only have a crack of dawn flight or late night flight. Neither of those are really feasible for our return home. The last 2 trips we flew Southwest and they had more flights available. I did look at American Airlines and they have decent flight times and it's pretty cheap. I guess we can do that if worse comes to worse, even though we got the Southwest giftcards.

We fly from BUF to MCO and have found similar situation with flight times. We prefer direct flights so we’ve changed our expectations and now fly out at the crack of silly and turn it into a waterpark day! 😊

We fly from BUF to MCO and have found similar situation with flight times. We prefer direct flights so we’ve changed our expectations and now fly out at the crack of silly and turn it into a waterpark day! 😊

Same out of Albany - we've ended up flying in the night before on SW and home direct on JB on their one flight a day (generally around 11am).

Is anyone else having trouble logging into Southwest site? I am trying to book flights and it won't let me!!!!

Same out of Albany - we've ended up flying in the night before on SW and home direct on JB on their one flight a day (generally around 11am).

It bums me out others are having the same issue. Really keeping my fingers crossed they will release decent times next week.

I was able to rebook my spring break week flights (not to MCO). I got $80 per person back on our flights out and 8000 points back per person on our flights back! Super happy!

What date is the next release of flights? I think I remember someone saying 3/12? I went back a few pages and of course can't find it now. Thanks!

I’m looking forward to booking flights Thursday as our 180 day dining ADR window opens next Monday. It’s easier to book dining on arrival and departure days when we know our flight times.

https://www.southwest.com/Coronavirus/?clk=CORONAVIRUS_TA
Letter from Southwest VP:

To our valued Customers,
There is no higher priority to our entire Southwest Family than the Safety of our Customers and Employees. We are in close communication with medical professionals, the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), the World Health Organization (WHO), government agencies, and internal teams to stay on top of this evolving situation. According to the most recent information from the CDC, for most people, the immediate risk of being exposed to the virus that causes COVID-19 is thought to be low.
We want you to feel confident when traveling with Southwest Airlines. As a result, we have enhanced some of our cleaning procedures in the interest of our Customers' and Employees' health and safety.
Aircraft Cleaning: We spend between 6-7 hours cleaning each aircraft every night, and, as of March 4, 2020, we have enhanced our overnight cleaning procedures. Typically, we use an EPA approved, hospital-grade disinfectant in the lavatories and an interior cleaner in the cabin. Now, we are expanding the use of the hospital-grade disinfectant throughout the aircraft, and it will be used in the cabin, on elements in the flight deck, and in the lavatory. This goes beyond the standard CDC guidelines.
Also, we equip each of our aircraft with a HEPA (High Efficiency Particulate Air) filter, which filters out recirculated air onboard each plane to remove airborne particles. HEPA filters are also used in hospitals to provide patients with clean air.
To learn more about our enhanced aircraft cleaning procedures, visit our blog for a detailed overview, along with a video and photos of the process.
In addition, I want to take a moment to remind Customers of our flexible policies. These policies have always been in place at Southwest Airlines and provide our Customers peace of mind every day. We never charge Customers a fee to change or cancel (though fare differences might apply) their flights. If your plans change or if you decide to postpone your travel, the funds used to pay for your flight can be applied to future travel as long as you cancel your reservation at least 10 minutes prior to the scheduled departure. The funds are valid for future travel up to one year from the original purchase date and must be used by the individual named on the ticket. Hopefully, these policies provide comfort to all of our Customers that they can book travel on Southwest as normal, and, if the circumstances change in the future, they can alter their plans without the penalty of a fee.
Rest assured, we are monitoring this developing situation closely, staying in regular contact with federal agencies, health organizations, and other experts. We've developed a host of resources to keep you informed and updated along the way, including our Travel Advisory on southwest.com and our Company blog, and we'll continue to post updates as this situation evolves.
Thank you for your patience and trust in Southwest Airlines. We are prepared to navigate through these challenging circumstances with your safety and confidence in Southwest Airlines at the forefront of everything we do.
We look forward to seeing you onboard soon,
Signature of Ryan Green
Ryan Green
SVP & Chief Marketing Officer

Last edited:
Got a strange question that I'm not sure how else to find the answer to. Maybe some folks here know
It's not a normal set of circumstances I'm sure. Most people check in within the same time zone as the flight.
DGD is flying in on Southwest on a flight that departs her local time at 5:00 AM. Which is 8:00 my time.
I am the one that will check her in to her flight on the app. Will I do it at 8:00 AM my time? That's what logic tells me but now I'm confused on how it reads time for check in. I get up early but not THAT early, LOL

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter