Post all SW questions concerns, etc. here...

I was able to move our too early nonstop home for a much nicer and more expensive late evening flight at no extra charge. Too bad the trip probably won't happen ;-(

I was able to move our too early nonstop home for a much nicer and more expensive late evening flight at no extra charge. Too bad the trip probably won't happen ;-(
Oh, I hear you!! :sad:

I keep doing things (booking an ADR, changing flights, making park reservations, etc) even though I'm 99% sure this trip will never happen.

Don't expect any of the quarantines to be lifted and I don't have 5 weeks to spend on this trip.

I will cancel our flights and thankfully have the option to fly out of Toronto....if I feel the trip is safe. That's my biggest concern at this time. We will have to quarantine for 2 weeks upon returning to Canada but I'll be working from home so that will work. Will need to see if online schooling is offered for my daughter though.

lucky I guess, our nonstop from BDL was only moved by 15 minutes.
lucky I guess, our nonstop from BDL was only moved by 15 minutes.
with our departing SW flight the only thing that had changed in the past 3 months was the time by 15 minutes, then today BAM it went to a layover in Baltimore. So I was not having it, cancelled and rebooked nonstop with JB for 25!

I’ve had the red banner for more than a week for my September flights yet again. I keep anxiously checking them multiple times a day to make sure they haven’t changed. They changed a couple months ago or so but only by an hour each way. I am worried they will cut the nonstop flights that are at perfect times for us to maximize our Disney time

I was able to switch my PIT-LAX to PIT-SNA for 9/30-10/4 for no extra fare. Disneyland - good chance it will not happen. I have a feeling of deja vu, I went through the same thing with April and June to WDW. Fares kept dropping, isn't this great. Then cancel.

On the email we received from SW changing our flights, it has a column that says “booking class”. Our changed flight is Listed as Z and our other flight is listed as N.
I've never seen this before. Does anyone know what it means?

I got the flight change email this morning. Went from a direct flight 3 hours to change planes 5 hours. I'm not happy. I tried to change via the link they sent but it doesn't work so I'll have to call. FYI- my booking class shows G and I don't know what it means.

I got the flight change email this morning. Went from a direct flight 3 hours to change planes 5 hours. I'm not happy. I tried to change via the link they sent but it doesn't work so I'll have to call. FYI- my booking class shows G and I don't know what it means.

I couldn’t change mine online either. I’m currently on hold with SW
😏

with our departing SW flight the only thing that had changed in the past 3 months was the time by 15 minutes, then today BAM it went to a layover in Baltimore. So I was not having it, cancelled and rebooked nonstop with JB for 25!

I just got the email saying my nonstop from Baltimore to Orlando now has a stop in Albany. Yes they expect me to fly north to Albany then fly south to Orlando increasing the flight time by almost 3 hours and no longer a nonstop.

I just got the email saying my nonstop from Baltimore to Orlando now has a stop in Albany. Yes they expect me to fly north to Albany then fly south to Orlando increasing the flight time by almost 3 hours and no longer a nonstop.
They tried to move us from MDW-MCO to MCO-DFW-BWI-MCO.
luckily there were other good options for direct

They have some of the oddest routes. Cle - Nashville goes to Houston then to St. Louis then to Nashville. Or another route is Cle - MDW - DTW _ BNA.

But at least they put back some of the non-stops from ALB! For a while they were all gone!

🤔😮🙄😳 what are they thinking? My direct flight from N.H. got changed to a stop in Baltimore and then on to Orlando. At least we kept going in the right direction😆. There has to be plenty of direct flights from Baltimore to Orlando because that is where most of our flights go through now.
I was able to change to leave a day earlier and booked a direct flight. Although that will probably get changed too before we leave .

I just received change notifications from Southwest, even though I checked my flights a few hours ago, and the original flights were still listed. One flight is still a nonstop, but would mean I would need to depart for the airport by 4:00 AM. The other change goes from a nonstop to a one-stop direct, departing one hour earlier and arriving about one hour later. With the next schedule extension currently noted to be released toward the end of August, I expect the reduction in flights will be built in for Q1 2021. Hopefully, that means that for the most part, we will just have to watch out for schedule changes through 01/04/2021.

Southwest expects to reduce their workforce by almost 30% in October, which is the earliest they can do so, due to the government funding received to maintain employee levels.

This is a very difficult situation for all of the airlines. I just can’t fault Southwest and think they are handling the situation much better, than most other carriers. This is becoming survival mode for the airlines.

https://dfw.cbslocal.com/2020/07/20...ines-workers-extended-leave-early-retirement/
Update: I was able to change the super early nonstop departure to a nonstop departing about 2-1/2 hours later, than my originally-booked flight, which will be fine.

My change notice indicated that the change window is now only 14 days, not the previous 30 day window. However, the system does still allow changes within a 30 day window.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter