Post all SW questions concerns, etc. here...

The flight I wanted had more WGA fares so I went ahead and bought our tickets. It ended up around $372 RT. We did buy EBCI because we want a chance at getting decent seats (or at least a preferred seating partner). There were not any really cheap flights from my area - guessing it depends highly on your airport. Even the "good" days were triple digit fares each way.

Edited - I just went back and did find some of the $99 ones on Tuesday of that week and the following for return. Our dates are Sundays and WDW had no availability at resorts for changing. So it's okay. I've learned a lot about SWA ticketing (used to fly Airtran) and so I'll have some knowledge for next time about days to fly and the like. We booked WDW based on availability and deals so that's how we got Sunday arrival and departure. Live and learn!

My flight to Atlanta went down today as well as one of the legs of my Orlando trip. Dh and I each have a $67 credit from our Orlando flights. It was 99 out of Chicago.

I need some advise, I was looking at dates similar to mine for a few weeks around $130. The morning November dates were released my flights were at $115. I greedily decided to hold out now at $160, would you grab them now or hold off?
Check southwest site..now

quick question....

I booked a while ago for $133/ticket for 3 tickets and added early bird check in, now it's dropped to $99, can I call and just get a credit or do they rebook the tickets at the new price? I don't want to lose the early bird. does everything stay the same and they just give us a credit for the difference?

Question--what can I use my airfare credit for, exactly? I had cancelled a flight earlier in the year and have rebooked for November (squeaking in before our expiration date of one year from when originally purchased). Prices of flights have gone down, about $60 credit for each person in my family ($180 all together). We don't have any plans to fly anywhere else between then and now. Should I even bother to get the credit? I don't believe I can use it to purchase early bird or anything else, but thought I would check here.

Thank you!

"LibrarianBecky: I don't believe I can use it to purchase early bird or anything else, but thought I would check here."

I would like to know this also, my flights are $24 cheaper.

Yes, I have the same situation. I could get $120 in credit total for my flight to Mco, but I'd have to use that within a year with no plans to fly within that time. Or keep the points from rapid rewards and have those in tact for at least 2 years? Is the $120 more valuable than the points? I've never flown southwest so would really appreciate the opinions and info. Thanks!

i was on the southwest site and it's working here. Fares went up for my trip. Should have booked yesterday :mad: . I can take a much earlier flight for about the same but we will get to WL around 11;00am and check-in isn't until 3pm. surrounding days are way higher, hundreds of dollars more. Now I am in a panic. Should I book the early flight and just deal with it or risk everything and hope and pray that the flight I want will go back down? :scared:

I always take the earliest flight. We arrive at resort about 10-11AM. Sometimes the room is ready. If not, they hold your luggage or you can pack pool attire.

i was on the southwest site and it's working here. Fares went up for my trip. Should have booked yesterday :mad: . I can take a much earlier flight for about the same but we will get to WL around 11;00am and check-in isn't until 3pm. surrounding days are way higher, hundreds of dollars more. Now I am in a panic. Should I book the early flight and just deal with it or risk everything and hope and pray that the flight I want will go back down? :scared:

I like a somewhat early flight so we don't have a full day of travel. The hotel will usually work out the check in and hold your bags for you. I know we did that once. I don't know about better prices but I do know that the flight I wanted which was "sold out" of WGA fares magically had availability for the new sale and is still showing availability at the same price right now. SO it depends on the flight I guess.

Has anyone seen a change in S W pricing today yet

Not for me since purchasing. Not sure which flights are on sale but they must not the the ones I have.

I like a somewhat early flight so we don't have a full day of travel. The hotel will usually work out the check in and hold your bags for you. I know we did that once. I don't know about better prices but I do know that the flight I wanted which was "sold out" of WGA fares magically had availability for the new sale and is still showing availability at the same price right now. SO it depends on the flight I guess.

Not for me since purchasing. Not sure which flights are on sale but they must not the the ones I have.

This is exactly what I need to happen for our nov.disney trip

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter