Post all SW questions concerns, etc. here...

I received an email at 2:45am that Southwest had changed our flights between CMH and MCO for 5/10 and 5/15. The first flight was only changed by 5 minutes so no big deal, but the return one was cancelled and they rebooked us on the next non-stop 3 hours later. I hope there are no more changes for those flights because we are taking our kids on a surprise trip to universal immediately after school. We come back on a Wednesday and they go to school the next day, so I don't want those times to be much later. at night In addition, we have a trip in July for our 15th anniversary and our annual Disney family vacation in September. Now I am super nervous about what is going to happen. For one thing, if they do get the MAX planes up and running, who really wants to fly on one now?

I didn’t receive an email but I noticed my return flight May 21@ 0705 from mco to buffalo was no longer showing up as an option. Checked my rapid reward and noticed SW switch our flight to May 20@1030 pm.
I called and was able to switch my flight back to our original flight, but the only non stop available was 1030pm. Not ideal, but I’ll take it. I was hoping for the 1055am flight.. oh well

I originally purchased my flights in September and booked early bird as well. So here it is almost 30 days before and EB is essentially a waste of my money. Since everyone else booked on the flight who purchased before me will be “ahead” of us.

My parents were going down a day before us and leaving a day earlier. I noticed their return flight early morning on Monday 20th is showing as no longer available. I’ll be dealing with this again tomorrow with my mother. popcorn:::hyper2:

Got word today that our direct Southwest flight on April 26 had been cancelled and we were rescheduled on a flight that arrived the following day. Called the special number provided and was able to reschedule it to the day before our original flight, but they made no promise it would not be cancelled too. Ugh.

Got word today that our direct Southwest flight on April 26 had been cancelled and we were rescheduled on a flight that arrived the following day. Called the special number provided and was able to reschedule it to the day before our original flight, but they made no promise it would not be cancelled too. Ugh.
I’m sorry this happened! I was hoping with so many reporting changes today to their May trips that they might be done altering their Apr flights. Guess I will continue to monitor our flights daily.

Glad you were able to change yours to a date that works better for you. Thankfully we have some flexibility on either side if we need it for flight changes.

We have had three flights change now between CMH and MCO. Both our May and April trips have kept us on nonstop flights, but times are not what we wanted. In checking SW's site, it looks like they have simply removed the flight times that we normally have taken for the last several years. Probably going to kill our EBCI group, but not much we can do about that.

I so appreciate all of the crowd sourcing we have going on here! Thank you to everyone who has reported flight changes in the last few days!

I'll be curious to see if we continue to get reports or if they settle down now. Sure seemed like there was a lot of activity overnight Sunday into Monday. Our flights haven't changed at all (yet), so I'm starting to feel some hope that we may be okay.

There has been a lot of activity the past couple days! At least people are getting a little more notice.

I’m also wondering if the people with more recent cancellations/reschedules knew what kind of aircraft they were originally scheduled on?
Curious if the theory is true.. that it’s the 737-800 flights that are getting cancelled & not the 737-700’s..
Both of our flights are 700’s, so that assumption & the fact that you can still book my flights is giving me hope we’ll be okay

We have had three flights change now between CMH and MCO. Both our May and April trips have kept us on nonstop flights, but times are not what we wanted. In checking SW's site, it looks like they have simply removed the flight times that we normally have taken for the last several years. Probably going to kill our EBCI group, but not much we can do about that.

Our May flights between CMH and MCO were also changed. The outgoing flight was only a 5 minute difference but our incoming flight was cancelled and rescheduled three hours later on the next direct flight. What normal flight times do you guys take? We have flights in July and September also so I am super curious. Mostly we fly out early morning and come back afternoon, but this year our flight times were kind of all over the place.

There has been a lot of activity the past couple days! At least people are getting a little more notice.

I’m also wondering if the people with more recent cancellations/reschedules knew what kind of aircraft they were originally scheduled on?
Curious if the theory is true.. that it’s the 737-800 flights that are getting cancelled & not the 737-700’s..
Both of our flights are 700’s, so that assumption & the fact that you can still book my flights is giving me hope we’ll be okay
I think because the 737-700 has less seating capacity they probably will try as hard as possible to switch out with a 737-800. That won't always work of course but it would likely be the preferable one. I'm sure they also looked at how many seats were sold at that point for the legs they've needed or decided to cancel. Less seats sold easier to switch to a 737-700 series.

our flight was on an 800.

Our original flight was on the 737-800 Max 8. They then changed it to a 737-800 a few weeks ago. This week it was changed to 30 minutes earlier on a 737-700.

Weather disruptions are possible this week with possible blizzard conditions in the upper midwest.

https://www.southwest.com/html/advisories/swa_travel_advisory_2019391554838211987.html
I was telling my husband we are soooo dang lucky. Here in KC we are just below the impact area. We are supposed to get winds potentially damaging winds but if it was going to be a blizzard like up north my husband wouldn't be coming home this weekend. He'd have to cancel and switch to a different weekend.

I feel bad for all those having to even think about a blizzard much less how much snow some areas might get.

I was telling my husband we are soooo dang lucky. Here in KC we are just below the impact area. We are supposed to get winds potentially damaging winds but if it was going to be a blizzard like up north my husband wouldn't be coming home this weekend. He'd have to cancel and switch to a different weekend.

I feel bad for all those having to even think about a blizzard much less how much snow some areas might get.
I wish I was below it, we are just outside the bullseye. We are looking at 12-18 inches. I can't even...not two years in a row.

I wish I was below it, we are just outside the bullseye. We are looking at 12-18 inches. I can't even...not two years in a row.
Ugh that sucks. I'm sorry.

It's been a crazy winter for us. We had 3 years in a row with way below average snowfall..like just about nothing. This year that went away. Just the mention of snow these days will get you dirty looks; it's the word that shall not be mentioned out loud lol. We need the nicer weather to repair the immense amount of potholes in the area.

Well fingers crossed for you it's not as bad as it's predicted :hug:

We had 75 degree temps yesterday and lucky if it hits 40 tomorrow with possible snow but I don't think 12 inches or anything. It would be nice if just one year we'd have an actual spring of 60ish degrees for a couple of weeks.

We are flying the 6am flight Sunday June 2 and returning a 2:15 flight Sunday June 16. Both nonstop CMH to MCO. Are these close to the days of week or times of your flights that were changed - feeling very nervous about this

Our flight in July is showing sold out today which makes me nervous. My son’s flight home disappeared from the website yesterday but is back again on there this morning

We are flying the 6am flight Sunday June 2 and returning a 2:15 flight Sunday June 16. Both nonstop CMH to MCO. Are these close to the days of week or times of your flights that were changed - feeling very nervous about this

We are CMH to MCO too! We leave early on June 5 and return June 12. Nervous. Plus I hate flying anyway so I need things to go smoothly! (Literally and figuratively lol)

We're traveling June 22-29 and haven't booked flights yet (we live in south central PA). We normally fly SW out of Baltimore. I'm really nervous we're not going to even be able to book something within our typical expected budget (usually less than $250 RT). I swear, we're just going to end up driving if Frontier out of Philly doesn't come down in price!

I'm so sorry to everyone who has had unexpected/unwanted changes!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter