Post all SW questions concerns, etc. here...

I need to purchase 4 flights from BNA to LGB next week. I’ve probably confused myself by overthinking, but would like advice how to achieve this purchase with points, flight credit, and gift cards. I won’t know the exact price until flights are released on Thursday, but I’m estimating cost will be $375-$450 each. I’d like to pay my flight with points. The other 3 flights would be paid with the $150 flight credit and 2 SW gift cards of $500 each. Since SW only allows 3 types of payment per transaction, I’m guessing I will need to split the 4 flights into 3 separate purchases: one flight booked with points; one flight booked with the $150 flight credit and SW gift card #1 ($500), leaving a balance on the card of approximately $200; then the remaining 2 flights would be paid with the balance of gift card #1 (around $200), plus gift card #2 ($500), then using a credit card for anything cost remaining. This plan would result in 3 confirmation numbers, resulting in needing to check in all individually 24 hours in advance. Is there an easier way to do this?

I need to purchase 4 flights from BNA to LGB next week. I’ve probably confused myself by overthinking, but would like advice how to achieve this purchase with points, flight credit, and gift cards. I won’t know the exact price until flights are released on Thursday, but I’m estimating cost will be $375-$450 each. I’d like to pay my flight with points. The other 3 flights would be paid with the $150 flight credit and 2 SW gift cards of $500 each. Since SW only allows 3 types of payment per transaction, I’m guessing I will need to split the 4 flights into 3 separate purchases: one flight booked with points; one flight booked with the $150 flight credit and SW gift card #1 ($500), leaving a balance on the card of approximately $200; then the remaining 2 flights would be paid with the balance of gift card #1 (around $200), plus gift card #2 ($500), then using a credit card for anything cost remaining. This plan would result in 3 confirmation numbers, resulting in needing to check in all individually 24 hours in advance. Is there an easier way to do this?
Your points flight definitely needs to be its own thing.

For the other 3 with the flight credit, is it three different confirm numbers? I was under the impression that, if confirm A12345 had $150 credit each for Joe, Mary, and Sue, then you could apply it to a new confirm flight that included Joe, Mary, and Sue and it would only count as one payment method. So, one confirm and two GCs is three payment methods. You could test this right now by beginning to book a dummy flight this way and make sure it lets you load the confirm and then two GCs for the party of three. Unless it's three separate confirm numbers, in which case you are correct that you're going to end up with 3 confirms to check in at 24 hours.

Your points flight definitely needs to be its own thing.

For the other 3 with the flight credit, is it three different confirm numbers? I was under the impression that, if confirm A12345 had $150 credit each for Joe, Mary, and Sue, then you could apply it to a new confirm flight that included Joe, Mary, and Sue and it would only count as one payment method. So, one confirm and two GCs is three payment methods. You could test this right now by beginning to book a dummy flight this way and make sure it lets you load the confirm and then two GCs for the party of three. Unless it's three separate confirm numbers, in which case you are correct that you're going to end up with 3 confirms to check in at 24 hours.
I think the issue is that the flight credit and 2 gift cards likely wouldn't be enough to cover all 3 flights, requiring a credit card as the 4th payment method which isn't allowed.

Are these one-way or round-trip flights? If round trip the simplest thing to do is to book them as 2 one-way flights. Then you'll have one confirmation number for the 3 passengers for each direction. As the PP said, the flight with points must be booked separately (at least for now! that might change next year)

If these are 4 one-way flights that you expect to be $375-$400 each then you can book 2 people, cancel and receive a travel fund, then book 3 people using the travel fund + gift card + credit card.

I think the issue is that the flight credit and 2 gift cards likely wouldn't be enough to cover all 3 flights, requiring a credit card as the 4th payment method which isn't allowed.

Are these one-way or round-trip flights? If round trip the simplest thing to do is to book them as 2 one-way flights. Then you'll have one confirmation number for the 3 passengers for each direction. As the PP said, the flight with points must be booked separately (at least for now! that might change next year)

If these are 4 one-way flights that you expect to be $375-$400 each then you can book 2 people, cancel and receive a travel fund, then book 3 people using the travel fund + gift card + credit card.

Yes, the issue is the $150 flight credit and $1,000 in gift cards probably won't be enough to cover all 3 flights - and it is round trip. Thank you for suggesting the one-way flights. I hadn't thought of that and I can definitely book one-way flights for 3 using the $150 credit and gift cards, then book the return flights for the 3 using the credit card balance plus a credit card. Since I will use points for my flight, I can also purchase Early Bird with my SW credit card because I get 2 Early Birds a year. Thanks for all suggestions!

We flew Oct 12 CMH to MCO purchased opening day wanna get away plus and early bird and had A 35&36 and on return flight same thing Oct 14 and had 45&46. I am pretty sure we would have been in B had I not gotten plus on that flight at least. Very nervous on spring break trip week before Easter because flights were $$$ purchasing a few hours after they opened and I stupidly got basic wanna get away with early bird. I am pretty sure we will have high B boarding positions. But hopefully we can get aisle seats even if not together. One way tickets on that flight are now over $500 which is ridiculous.

We flew Oct 12 CMH to MCO purchased opening day wanna get away plus and early bird and had A 35&36 and on return flight same thing Oct 14 and had 45&46. I am pretty sure we would have been in B had I not gotten plus on that flight at least. Very nervous on spring break trip week before Easter because flights were $$$ purchasing a few hours after they opened and I stupidly got basic wanna get away with early bird. I am pretty sure we will have high B boarding positions. But hopefully we can get aisle seats even if not together. One way tickets on that flight are now over $500 which is ridiculous.

Good info!

Do you remember if the Chili’s at CMH Concourse A, just inside security, is back open again? Hoping to catch a meal there before our flight next week. Thanks!

Good info!

Do you remember if the Chili’s at CMH Concourse A, just inside security, is back open again? Hoping to catch a meal there before our flight next week. Thanks!

No sorry I didn’t notice. I think it is by gates 1&2 and we flew out of gate 5 so I didn’t even look closely that way. But I did look at the airport website and it says it’s open daily 5:30 am til last departure so I’m guessing it will be open for you.

No sorry I didn’t notice. I think it is by gates 1&2 and we flew out of gate 5 so I didn’t even look closely that way. But I did look at the airport website and it says it’s open daily 5:30 am til last departure so I’m guessing it will be open for you.

Thanks for the reply! I would think the website is correct, because it did correctly list Chili’s as being closed for a long time while it was being remodeled. If for some reason it’s not open when we get there, there is always Starbucks down the concourse for a quick bite. But Chili’s has margaritas to help get through Southwest boarding, lol! :drinking1

Thanks for the reply! I would think the website is correct, because it did correctly list Chili’s as being closed for a long time while it was being remodeled. If for some reason it’s not open when we get there, there is always Starbucks down the concourse for a quick bite. But Chili’s has margaritas to help get through Southwest boarding, lol! :drinking1
They are open! I noticed they had reopened at the beginning of the month when we were there.

Wow, Southwest released flights thru August 4th this morning & no one was posting about it?? Nobody flying SW next summer?? We need September, that will release on December 14.

Anybody know what time the schedule opened up?

Updated:

Release Date | Time (eastern)
10/26/23 | 7:10am
09/14/23 | 7:20am
06/29/23 | 7:35am
06/08/23 | 7:20am
03/09/23 | 7:10am
02/09/23 | 7:15am
12/15/22 | 7:15am
10/27/22 | 7:25am
09/08/22 | 7:25am
07/21/22 | 7:20am
06/16/22 | 7:30am
03/30/22 | 7:30am
12/16/21 | 7:50am
12/08/21 | 6:45am
06/10/21 | 7:15am
04/01/21 | 9:10am
12/10/20 | 7:15am
08/13/20 | 9:15am

Last edited:
Anybody know what time the schedule opened up?

Updated:

Release Date | Time (eastern)
10/26/23 | ?
09/14/23 | 7:20am
06/29/23 | 7:35am
06/08/23 | 7:20am
03/09/23 | 7:10am
02/09/23 | 7:15am
12/15/22 | 7:15am
10/27/22 | 7:25am
09/08/22 | 7:25am
07/21/22 | 7:20am
06/16/22 | 7:30am
03/30/22 | 7:30am
12/16/21 | 7:50am
12/08/21 | 6:45am
06/10/21 | 7:15am
04/01/21 | 9:10am
12/10/20 | 7:15am
08/13/20 | 9:15am
A little after 7. I didnt book until 8 but I was messing with transferring points.

I don't know what time they officially released-just checked about an hour ago. We want to head to Cali next July...I think I have been spoiled with Orlando flights, because I am not pumped about the price difference to get to California...also no direct flights to any of the airports out there. I have never flown anywhere but Florida-so quite a difference lol

If I check in for an itinerary that has a connection (i.e., change of planes), will I get checked in (and an advantage for a boarding number on the connection) for both flights?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter