~Practically Perfect In Every Way~ 8/18-8/28 at The Polynesian!

Wow! Those pictures of an empty MK are amazing :love::love::love:

Totally makes me want to look into EMM for when we go next April! I don't think I realized that breakfast was included (which looked really yummy!), but then, I never really thought about going. Thanks for putting this on my radar!
It's definitely a must do for us! We love the breakfast, I love getting in MK before all the crowds, and it frees up a couple fastpasses. I'd definitely recommend it!

Love this!
Thank you!

After resting, we headed back to MK for our dinner reservation.

wIJuFrt.jpg

eqzEZZj.jpg

FIfnlVU.jpg

25xEQPL.jpg

4ZMRUK7.jpg

de7wcNf.jpg

8uYqxmL.jpg

8ZkstkK.jpg

Fzo6AkS.jpg

5M8ixvg.jpg

7gzMVWX.jpg

m7jABuV.jpg

XQTNrcT.jpg

OEfLPDP.jpg

4AD0rX9.jpg

v8nkHuR.jpg

gbuOl1d.jpg

wu5Bxd0.jpg

YvhTJ0r.jpg

As you can tell, I was trying desparately to catch an "artistic" shot of the balloons :laughing:

Reactions: DLo
ZlEynfv.jpg

NrnSm4d.jpg

u3Hhxqf.jpg

vrIK2yP.jpg

51UhCMd.jpg

We arrived at Beast's castle and checked in for our ADR. I was so excited to finally see the inside of the castle! It started drizzling while we waited. It started raining pretty good while we were at dinner, and carried on for about a half hour after.

G1aVSZl.jpg

MRw71Vy.jpg

They had water out for people to drink while they waited.

sZVlxwE.jpg

XUYvPqy.jpg

x4DhFh3.jpg

sBe7a5m.jpg

OQRx4jY.jpg

PHStIqM.jpg

F6FcsmO.jpg

G5HsVOA.jpg

SlZ9WFj.jpg

S0f2kOU.jpg

:rotfl2::rotfl2: I couldn't stop laughing at DH having the same facial expression as the gargoyle. (it wasn't a staged photo)

HRSbn6F.jpg

KGG1eRx.jpg

ciJY2On.jpg

QoEfU0u.jpg

H62eBvV.jpg

yg6Nogf.jpg

3Ol7fE7.jpg

qY0OaXW.jpg

SGqY0Zb.jpg

ySct03R.jpg

ZrEwcFc.jpg

IoYZvlr.jpg

6NEGvgZ.jpg

3RmFIMa.jpg

AaqPUjx.jpg

1Lpdxlo.jpg

We sat in the ballroom, which was beautiful. I wish we were closer to the windows, as that's the feature I was most excited about. At least we got to sit in the room though. Our server was Melanie, and she was aboslutely amazing. She was genuinely friendly, and was telling us about hidden Mickeys. She also told us right off the bat the French onion soup is vegetarian, which made my day! I kept telling DH to try it, because it looks so good, but I assumed it had beef broth so I knew I couldn't try it. I wouldn't have even asked about it, so I was so happy that she informed us of this. We both got the French onion soup, DH got the steak, and I got the shrimp and scallops. I don't know why it's so hard for me to take good photos in dim lighting. I tried the flash a few times, but DH was mortified, so I made do.

t3TJBUV.jpg

jt9KLIu.jpg

aYQmVxr.jpg

buMZOdd.jpg

rAFqSc2.jpg

IMAQu2O.jpg

E16GooK.jpg

1cSVWjg.jpg

L4iAGiL.jpg

SdhJAzm.jpg

6ZunmLB.jpg

ZnyckyU.jpg

kTpHRNf.jpg

bUqJJyk.jpg

4jhPJUt.jpg

We both loved the soup, DH loved his steak, and I loved my pasta. If you've ever had shrimp in lobster sauce from a Chinese restaurant, the pasta sauce has that same taste. It was so good. We didn't get dessert since we were full, and I wanted to get a maple cinnamon roll from Gaston's Tavern later. Unfortunately, I realized Gaston's was closing soon, so we purchased one as soon as we left dinner and took it to go. Since it was hours before we got back to the room, and we didn't have a microwave, the bun pretty much went to waste. It became hard and dry. It looked tasty when we first purchased it though. We also got some macaroons, which were delicious when we got back to the room.

gB9sk0T.jpg

DkTk1xf.jpg

6mPIG7p.jpg

9g5npPD.jpg

We explored a bit more, then headed to meet Ariel so I could record a message for a coworkers daughter. It was really sweet.

lWLxItA.jpg

mkCGjq9.jpg

E3mPXFe.jpg

ELZCDQJ.jpg

0JxdBH2.jpg

Z44XwRh.jpg

l1FMR9S.jpg

fmvw6qs.jpg

D3rBu3v.jpg

YPQRyaF.jpg

aDb9sic.jpg

skBrKML.jpg

Then we headed back over to Tomorrowland. We rode the Peoplemover, and DH had never done Monsters Inc Laugh Floor, so I wanted him to do it. Plus, it was raining on and off, so we wanted shelter.

ATqIRvj.jpg

uYcWaBR.jpg

JNojNCQ.jpg

zc54NIf.jpg

UumI7LK.jpg

G8RoleV.jpg

slNfsJR.jpg

oeYwlz5.jpg

D1UKS0n.jpg

RWD830V.jpg

BDdK55L.jpg

lvwxnZl.jpg

y3MbAYg.jpg

After a root beer float,

r2BaEEA.jpg

we headed over to Main Street for fireworks. I loved Wishes, but I do love the new show. I love the projections on the castle, and teared up at the Brave part. DH is not really into shows or fireworks, and he even said it was really nice. I will really try to narrow down the photos. I accidentally discovered the "burst shot" on my phone during the fireworks :sad2: so I have like 200 photos of just fireworks. Most of them identical.

GgljQvE.jpg

LqrVbbJ.jpg

epqP6hl.jpg

e8BCyx8.jpg

jB7W8tf.jpg

vV5CJj3.jpg

vv5IdR0.jpg

ya9xyms.jpg

C8JMeQP.jpg

pSvqsGm.jpg

T3EpqHq.jpg

qzC8ukC.jpg

6Lr4RR5.jpg

8FqCu2f.jpg

Q3xiRXi.jpg

i1WFzcx.jpg

4bQJgJV.jpg

m3ygNbL.jpg

OKhU4fq.jpg

DvLKBV4.jpg

mTVN3oC.jpg

2n9XIQj.jpg

5QKle8h.jpg

TSJSYdE.jpg

qsbJMSQ.jpg

0L94yXD.jpg

xBLI9Co.jpg

g3b5KOC.jpg

He12KK4.jpg

We left a bit early to try and beat the crowds. We made out way back to the monorail, and headed back to the resort. We stopped at the gift shops at the resort when we got back too.

ohCKDN9.jpg

LRWzMdF.jpg

DVmVtLH.jpg

DVmVtLH.jpg

twojM3W.jpg

Kpv3ABd.jpg

AuK5uDC.jpg

x1Ca3Lp.jpg

bIgYGet.jpg

hHz1ahf.jpg

fNX4BDZ.jpg

I forgot to pack a bathing suit, so I ended up purchasing the one pulled out.

A few more photos on our walk back to the room

WW6pxD4.jpg

ug0Se3G.jpg

And here is our cinnamon bun and macaroons after their journey back to the room

wbeXlHz.jpg

5qUQZ96.jpg

Up next: Day 3- Epcot

Day 3: Epcot
OKl4fdM.jpg

shxY5vN.jpg

qEcmIdn.jpg

8psALOP.jpg

GCbytLQ.jpg

We were up again bright and early to rope drop Epcot. We were planning on rope dropping Test Track, but apparantly so was everyone else. This was the 1st of many days I started seeing the ugly side of other guests. People were running, and I don't mean an excited jog, I mean full out running, pushing past people, screaming at their kids to move faster, etc. I watched cast members tell people to slow down, and the people flat out ignore them. AK was way worse with this (more on that later). I was pushed I can't count how many times, and I was walking fast. I'm a commando type visitor too, and I was laughing at how ridiculous people were being. By the time we made our way to Test Track, the line was insane, and there were cast members outside letting everyone know that Test Track was not open.
200.webp

I had myself a little giggle at everyone who was in line (sorry, not sorry) and we headed to Spaceship Earth, then to Starbucks (naturally) for a small breakfast. Originally we didn't have any TS lunch plans for the day, but before our trip I went back and forth about booking Spice Road Table quite a bit. It looked so good to me, but I didn't hear much buzz about it. When we got back from MK, I saw that they had lunch ADR's so I booked an early lunch. Soooo glad we did. It was one of my favorite meals!

JR6jxKJ.jpg

D1zYiw1.jpg

xgnA3JG.jpg

bLTTxYJ.jpg

Chw9wv8.jpg

l565qgF.jpg

VaonZKf.jpg

I always try unsuccessfully to take photos of the stars. They never come out good.

o9SrlJL.jpg

4hvvya2.jpg

FldKWKL.jpg

7Yok8xf.jpg

eTzHfJD.jpg

cH7RgTP.jpg

yzXTFX3.jpg

Ltnd586.jpg

j2D1v6L.jpg

aIqXLYr.jpg

1E2VPob.jpg

BJdFtMl.jpg

I got a pink drink and blueberry muffin, and DH got a caramel frappucino and chocolate cake pop.

After that we hit some more attractions and shops. Again, I'm sure these photos are out of order, but they are grouped together.

R0P7vSW.jpg

T5SsHy3.jpg

RPER1uE.jpg

JQOeDEa.jpg

JQOeDEa.jpg

S1Z5KbG.jpg

HQ36T62.jpg

W8mlEno.jpg

DsIji8l.jpg

qirr1Xm.jpg

IFyfyOD.jpg

1uD6ena.jpg

O9bwbQF.jpg

k0XIeyN.jpg

XEnU0CO.jpg

LMPQ8R2.jpg

PpGTVMQ.jpg

1F7TPiD.jpg

W9NGY4c.jpg

Cjd0KTz.jpg

OcX4NXm.jpg

gdsoPHD.jpg

af6552b.jpg

Up next:
Spice Road Table

I meant to comment last time that I noticed Columbia Harbor House no longer carries the Lighthouse Sandwich on the menu. That's so disappointing as I loved that sandwich.

Really enjoying your pictures!

We had an 11:00 lunch reservation at Spice Road Table, and it seemed like they just opened. We were the first ones there.

NcvbGl0.jpg

TuUjGOm.jpg

N8vSJT6.jpg

gYFAstD.jpg

TnawwH4.jpg

RyfeT93.jpg

AKYbRYa.jpg

XVu66tO.jpg

ADGcjAX.jpg

WhMQZPX.jpg

LCibGsv.jpg

b7BOSYP.jpg

This would be a great restaurant to watch Illuminations from. The view would be spectacular.

0L6mYil.jpg

TnawwH4.jpg

rUO0sSG.jpg

I wish I remembered our server's name. He was amazing. So friendly, and was great with giving DH beer recommendations. I ordered the watermelon delight (non-alcoholic), and DH ordered an Estrella Damm.

mG1KCDf.jpg

OgFbvok.jpg

We ordered the lamb sliders, hummus fries, and calamari to share. DH loved his sliders, (I didn't try them), and the calamari and hummus fries were delicious. This was one of my favorite meals of the trip.

MFMR7Fz.jpg

aWdbTNX.jpg

UtWAUbe.jpg

Z5Xu9np.jpg

l0GWPci.jpg

J5qxutO.jpg

x2Qufur.jpg

f3AxBnx.jpg

I remember being super curious about the texture of the hummus fries when I saw reviews of them. I didn't understand if it would be filled with hummus, and mush inside, or what. So I took a photo of the inside of it for anyone else who was wondering. They had a great texture, and amazing flavors. The sauces were really good too. The calamari was perfectly crispy, and great flavors as well. I don't know why this restaurant doesn't create more buzz. I really loved it!

I meant to comment last time that I noticed Columbia Harbor House no longer carries the Lighthouse Sandwich on the menu. That's so disappointing as I loved that sandwich.

Really enjoying your pictures!
Thank you!

Oh no! It seems like they change their menu quite often, so hopefully they'll bring it back. It seems like it was a popular enough sandwich!

After lunch we waddled around World Showcase just a bit more. Our 2nd Epcot day was reserved for World Showcase, so I didn't want to spend too much time there. We went to Germany for something caramelly.

PQcwTtR.jpg

tqT4MGc.jpg

3S8RkGm.jpg

bmTDbGr.jpg

c4N9Xbo.jpg

rrT4WTZ.jpg

v3Eeo9s.jpg

bAuwEly.jpg

fc1Cfb8.jpg

vqWYvg2.jpg

Xv7W0pd.jpg

1WEGGnv.jpg

capxW9N.jpg

LLv9cN6.jpg

nuyUHT7.jpg

NO16sqg.jpg

K8FDQ40.jpg

I got a milk chocolate covered caramel, and DH got a salted caramel

MMivlTF.jpg

54rrAwD.jpg

TkcrNbx.jpg

The MDE app showed a 20 minute wait for Frozen, so we headed on over to Norway.

ABRykWV.jpg

TwaC7n1.jpg

5OUmGyY.jpg

UdFBS5X.jpg

wJaVcqW.jpg

ycGclUJ.jpg

gwGFFHo.jpg

ItA7vkC.jpg

DbqbNh5.jpg

TFgcksD.jpg

xlJkxzx.jpg

rogbTxq.jpg

R69JnZF.jpg

D2R7cfZ.jpg

AKvNRwF.jpg

That meal at Spice Road Table has me drooling. I agree that it should be more poplular.

I love how you're keeping this going quickly!

That meal at Spice Road Table has me drooling. I agree that it should be more poplular.

I love how you're keeping this going quickly!

My mouth was watering while posting the photos! I got back on my diet as soon as we got back from our trip, and now looking at all these delicious food photos is torture to me! :sad:
And thanks, I work from home, so trying to chip away at the report in between calls!

Following! I am at work and cannot see the 3000 pictures :( but I wish I could!
Welcome! I promise I won't post all 3000 photos, I would bore everyone who is reading away!:surfweb: Thanks for reading!:goodvibes

uiA1s7P.jpg

ISEbirM.jpg

clLOQM2.jpg

We made our way out of World Showcase, and stopped at Club Cool

OrJEo53.jpg

j8HENVW.jpg

gheq1Ym.jpg

5WxVluh.jpg

slfA3mH.jpg

Bibo is my favorite. What's yours?

odsE32S.jpg

My brother and I had these clear coke bottle piggy banks when we were kids! It made me want to buy one, but I couldn't figure out how I'd get it in my suitcase.

On the way back towards the front of the part, we noticed they put out signs about the eclipse.

STFiZoH.jpg

DH had me try to take a picture (only looking at the screen). I don't see anything.

JnfIeZX.jpg

We headed back to the monorail to take an afternoon break.

AbBv0Kr.jpg

iDLvNdl.jpg

SS82oPe.jpg

lwHoEMN.jpg

3DqL0XQ.jpg

gkHqlbg.jpg

8oxHZsX.jpg

02j6ojf.jpg

When we arrived, we stopped for a drink at Tambu Lounge again

MfJ8mXV.jpg

152j3YX.jpg

zkvyjmO.jpg

Everyone was really into the eclipse. People were outside with the special glasses (I don't know if they got them at the park or brought them, I didn't see anyplace to pick some up), and they had the news on TV.

1WCNTOa.jpg

I got a Lapu Lapu again, and I believe DH got a Mai Tai? Please correct me if that's wrong.

aI2Z6zR.jpg

2k7H3Sb.jpg

9cEuI8I.jpg

We relaxed at the lounge a bit, then headed back to Epcot for our ADR at Coral Reef.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter