Predictions on WDW marathon sell out times?

VAfamily1998

DIS Veteran
Here's mine:

Dopey--will sell out in about 5 hours
Goofy will sell out in less than 2 hours
Marathon (only) will sell out in 5 days
1/2 marathon (only) will sell out in 26 hours
10k (only) will sell out in 2-3 hours
5k (only) will sell out in less than 1.5 hours

What are your predictions?

Marathon and half did not sell out until July last year. I'll be curious to see what they do this year. I'd be shocked if they sold out that quickly.

5k, 10k, Dopey and Goofy will both sell out fairly quick. Goofy might be done before end of day tomorrow. As will Dopey.

I'll be curious to see how fast things sell out. I'm thinking Goofy will sell out in a day. I'm not sure about Dopey. I think it might last for 2 days. and I think the Marathon will sell out sometime in May.

I keep thinking Goofy will take a while. It didn't sell out with AP/DVC registration. Dopey did, however.

But then it's the 10 year and has a great medal, so.... who knows?

My guess is Dopey and 10K first (hours likely), then 5K (days). Goofy, then the half and finally marathon.

Last race will still be open until June.

Just a wild guess!

5k - hours
10k - hours
Half - 2-4 weeks
Full - just before the price increase
Goofy - hours
Dopey - 2-3 days

5k - hours
10k - hours
Half - 2-4 weeks
Goofy - hours
Dopey - 2-3 days

I'm thinking you are probably right. I'm only wondering how many Dopey slot's there will be. It's not an inaugural or an anniversary race for it so I can see it taking a little bit longer to sell out. Dopey seemed like it was a one and done for a lot of people.

5k - hours
10k - hours
Half - 2-4 weeks
Goofy - hours
Dopey - 2-3 days

Agree with this. 10Ks are proving to be really popular for runDisney - that's my guess on the first one to sell out.

How do you get the limited edition shoes after the race? Are they for people who participate in one of the races only???

How do you get the limited edition shoes after the race? Are they for people who participate in one of the races only???

I believe you would want to get the shoes before the race at the expo. While they will be doing first come, first served open to anyone for Expedition Everest in a couple weeks, I believe these larger events have moved to a virtual queue system with New Balance that may be limited to those participating in the events. If that continues, there is a limit on the pairs of shoes anyone can purchase, and there are no guarantees on the availability of sizes or styles when your turn comes up.

Separately, on the subject of times, I'll go with:

5k & 10k: Today
Half Marathon: Week
Full Marathon: Before price increase (stealing from FFigawi)
Goofy: 24 hours
Dopey: 24 hours

Well, at least it's just not ME!! Only doing the 1/2, so I'll probably try in a couple of hours.................

Dopey Challenge - 70% Full
Goofy's Race and Half Challenge
Marathon
Half Marathon - 50% Full
Walt Disney World® 10K - 60% Full
Family Fun Run 5K - 50% Full

•Dopey Challenge - 70% Full
•Half Marathon - 50% Full
•Walt Disney World® 10K - 60% Full
•Family Fun Run 5K - 50% Full

at 12:38

Got on finally, family booked for 5k.

My secretary came in and asked if I could cover the phones... I said, um.... yes, but in 15 minutes... you don't understand... I have to do this right now....

She got someone else :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter