Predictions on WDW marathon sell out times?

I'm not surprised by the pace of those that are selling right now, but I am surprised that in an anniversary year - with the anniversary medal already revealed - that Goofy hasn't even registered yet.

I'm not surprised by the pace of those that are selling right now, but I am surprised that in an anniversary year - with the anniversary medal already revealed - that Goofy hasn't even registered yet.

Maybe it's filling so fast they can't keep up!

Dopey Challenge - 80% Full
Goofy's Race and Half Challenge
Marathon
Half Marathon - 50% Full
Walt Disney World® 10K - 70% Full
Family Fun Run 5K - 60% Full

As of 12:49

Glad I braved the crowd and added the 10k to my pre-registered Goofy. Looking forward to running the 10k again. I love the course and really wanted to preserve the streak. This coming year may be my last Goofy so I think it cool to have the 10k/half option as a fall back.

It seems like a lot of people want the Goofy medal by signing up for Dopey.Its weird Goofy isn't even at 50% yet.A lot of people probably said if I'm doing a half and a full back to back adding a 5k and 10k can't be too much worse.

•Dopey Challenge - 80% Full
•Half Marathon - 60% Full
•Walt Disney World® 10K - 70% Full
•Family Fun Run 5K - 60% Full
1 pm

It seems like a lot of people want the Goofy medal by signing up for Dopey.Its weird Goofy isn't even at 50% yet.A lot of people probably said if I'm doing a half and a full back to back adding a 5k and 10k can't be too much worse.

I kind of expected Goofy to be slower than Dopey due to just that. If one is paying for a trip here, the added cost of the two extra races is a small adder.

WOW.

Glad I listened to you guys about the signups.

Dopey 80%
Half 60%
10k 80%
5k 70%

(1:15pm)

This seems faster than normal, but maybe not.

I really wanted to do the 10K and the 1/2, but I can't miss work that Friday. I guess I could run and get into work late, but I don't think the boss would appreciate it.

So, it's just the 1/2 for me.

Half Marathon 60%

Walt Disney World® 10K 90%

Disney Family Fun Run 5K 80%

Dopey Challenge 90%

(as of 1:39)

Dopey Challenge - 90% Full
Goofy's Race and Half Challenge
Marathon
Half Marathon - 60% Full
Walt Disney World® 10K - 90% Full
Family Fun Run 5K - 80% Full

As of 1:39

I had friends that said Goofy would be first, but I don't understand how anyone can say that. They want the medal and if you're going to do the half and the full, for a little more, you just soon do Dopey.

With Dopey, the Goofy challenge is kinda left out for those who can't get into Dopey.

And no one ever thinks that the 5ks will fill up fast. How many 'non' runners do the 5K and call it a trip. A LOT.

I can't believe some even said days to fill up. Come one fellows. Look at the recent trend. Even ToT will super quick and it's no anniversary or anything. The days of months to fill up or even weeks are just a distant memory!

Congrats to all who got in!!

And no one ever thinks that the 5ks will fill up fast. How many 'non' runners do the 5K and call it a trip. A LOT.

Absofreakinglutely!!! That's what we're doing--we just happen to be going that week and I'm desperate for a non-scary post-baby 3 fitness goal, so I'm dragging my husband and parents on the 5k.

I'm reading into things, but I take runDisney's tweet about Goofy's anniversary spinner medal in the midst of Dopey racing toward sell-out to be a sign that they underestimated how people would select between the two races.

Other factors could be how many slots they allocated to each race, but I can't imagine they would have changed the distribution significantly enough for Dopey to be about done and Goofy not even on the board.

I'm reading into things, but I take runDisney's tweet about Goofy's anniversary spinner medal in the midst of Dopey racing toward sell-out to be a sign that they underestimated how people would select between the two races.
I thought the exact same thing.

Looks like the 5K, 10K and Dopey will sell out fairly soon. The Half is not far behind. That one might make it into this evening.

I am very surprised that Goofy has not reached the 50% mark yet, especially with it being an anniversary year.

I had friends that said Goofy would be first, but I don't understand how anyone can say that. They want the medal and if you're going to do the half and the full, for a little more, you just soon do Dopey.

With Dopey, the Goofy challenge is kinda left out for those who can't get into Dopey.

I think that's true for a lot of people. Our goal was strictly Goofy but there was a brief temptation to do Dopey since, as you say, it's not that big of a jump from a running perspective to add on the 5 & 10K. It's really the 4 early wake-ups that kept me from being interested.

The extra early mornings made us disinclined to go Dopey over Goofy, but the clincher was the extra time it would have required off from work.

Seeing the 10k on the verge at 98%, I love how they update at 10% increments for almost the entire time, only to slow down to 95%. . . 98%. . . makes me think of kids counting down with "5, 4, 3, 2, 1. . . 1 and a half, 1 and a quarter, 1 and one fifth. . ." :rolleyes:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter