Princess B-Day Extravaganza!!!!!!!!!!!! Pre Trip Report

myasma

Mouseketeer
Last July my daughter and I were given the chance to go on a MAW trip to Disney. My daughter at the time was battling Cancer and our trip was a welcome hiatus from the world of sickness. At the time of our trip, I did not know if my DD would beat her Cancer or not. Fast forward 5 months later and DD is cured and begging to go back to Disney. So what could I say? We had to go back. I was looking at the month of January in 2011 and inviting my sister, three nieces, and mom. My sister didn't have the funds this year and I did not want to go with my mom again for reasons that were stated in our other trip report. I also didn't really want to wait untill January to go so decided on DD's bday week in October. I invited my grandmother to come along since she has never been to Disney World and thought it would be a nice gift to her. Yesterday I booked and put down the deposit for October 26 - November 1 at the Pop Century resort. I am so excited to plan plan our vacation and can hardly wait for October to come.

Now a little information about the trip goers. First there is my grandmom. She is 72 and has never been to Disney!! :sad2: I now can you believe it. I dont have any pics right but will add them later. Next is the princess of the story, MyaRose. She is three but will be turning 4 on our trip and is the strong survivor of Cancer. Mya loves anything to do with Mickey and Minnie and has just discovered princesses.

072009092729_01.jpg

Finally there's me. Shardai, 22. I love Disney because the magic it brings to my daughter. As long as she wants to go we will go.

042509174928.jpg

So sit back and get readyy for the next installment of our pre trip extravaganza. Next up? What will we do for 7 whole days in Disney and so many options only three meals a day!

Quick Question, If I wanted to change my dining plan is it possible and how would I do that?

:)We have experienced many changes on this trip already and will probably have many more before October rolls around. Originally I was going to bring my grandmom but once my mom found out begged me to come along. Seems that she likes the way we do Disney here on the disboards. :thumbsup2 So even though or last trip was pretty rocky, it was also alot of fun and she did say she would pay for her part of the trip completely.... sure come along. When I had thought my grandma was coming I had changed our dining plan to the regular one since I was getting no help paying for the trip and we were going to take the train down to Florida. Now with my Mom coming we will be going back to Deluxe dining and driving down to Florida. So without further hesitation, here are our preliminary plans.

Our dates are 10-26-2010 to 11-2-2010. (Note dd's bday is 10-27) We will be staying on property at Pop century and are planning to drive down so we will be leaving home on the 25th of October.

Day 1
Leave home
Drive 10 or 8 hours
Stop at hotel for night

Day 2
Finish Driving
Arrive Check In
DTD
Shopping
Jiko Dinner

Day 3-Magic Kingdom
CRT Breakfast
Fantasyland attractions
Back to resort
Lunch
Nap
Boma
Back to MK
Tommorowland attractions

Day 4- DHS
Hollywood and Vine Breakfast
DHS attractions
50's Primetime cafe
Back to resort
Nap
Epcot
Attractions
Garden Grille

Day 5- Animal Kingdom
Tusker House Safari Breakfast
Attractions
Flame tree BBQ
Back to Resort/nap
Hoop de doo revue

Day 6- MK
CP breakfast
Adventureland/Frontierland attractions
Lunch- CHH
Back to resort- Nap
BBB at DTD
1900 Park Fare

Day 7- Epcot
Akhersus Breakfast
Attractions
Le Cellier lunch
Back to Resort
Sanaa Dinner

Day 8
Bfast
Checkout
Visit at GKTW
Leave
Drive 6 hours
Stop at hotel

Day 9
Drive rest of way home.

Those are just the rough draft of plans. Things may change. There were so many things i wanted to do this trip that we may not get to do soo..... we just may have to plan another trip for next year. :rotfl:

Okay so my mom has asked if we can bring my 3 year old niece along since my dd is a only child and those two are like sisters. I of course was concerned about the price but she said she would cover the difference so I agreed. So.... lets all welcome another little princess to our royal expedition.

102509124217_01.jpg

Otherwise Known as Princess A. We have also decided to replace Ohana with Hoop de Doo Revue. Neither my mom nor I liked Ohana's food lasyt year and are opting to try the Wishes Dessert Party instead. I am also planning to order Mya a Princess and the Frog cake for her birthday at dinner. We do not want to tell the girls about the trip till the day because my niece has a brother and sister and we dont want any jealousy issues cropping up. Does anyone know how to adequately surprise a three and four year old on the day of a Disney trip? Instead of doing DTD our last day, it will now be during our first day. We will be revisiting Give Kids The World on our last day there. GKTW is a great place for sick kids to stay while they are on thier MAW trip. They are amazing and it made or trip. More info on GKTW can be found in Mya's MAW trip report.

Also here is a pic of my mom.

229-1.jpg

Well your group just keeps growing!:rotfl: I think it will be fun for your DD to have her cousin there to share the excitement. As for surprising, I have no idea. We are going in April for my DD8's WISH and I have talked to Tessa (DD4) about going and she doesn't quite get it. She loves to go on trips, so she likes the sound of it, but not completely understanding how fun and special it's going to be. I guess you could prepare a little travel pack for them, with some dollar store Disney items, coloring books, etc just to get them in the mood. If you can get your hands on a portable DVD player for the drive down, it would be fun to tell them as you're watching Cinderella or whatever, "we're going to go visit her!".
I love the PandFrog cake idea. We just saw it on Cmas and LOVED it!!! She is Tessa's favorite now. princess:

Found you!!

I think it's a wonderful idea to revisit...we're already planning our next trip (no dates yet) and we also plan to take the kids & DH this time to GKTW. I'm planning for just the 4 of us this trip. DH has never been to Disney and Boo LOVED the MAW trip so I say let's go back and make some more magic! :wizard:

Sorry I don't have any advice for the surprise...I'm sure you'll come up with something or somebody on here will have a great idea.

Found you!!

I think it's a wonderful idea to revisit...we're already planning our next trip (no dates yet) and we also plan to take the kids & DH this time to GKTW. I'm planning for just the 4 of us this trip. DH has never been to Disney and Boo LOVED the MAW trip so I say let's go back and make some more magic! :wizard:

Sorry I don't have any advice for the surprise...I'm sure you'll come up with something or somebody on here will have a great idea.

Thanks for stopping by. I have no clue what to do yet for the surprise. I don't want to tell them too early as my dd is already asking me everyday to go to Disney.

Well your group just keeps growing!:rotfl: I think it will be fun for your DD to have her cousin there to share the excitement. As for surprising, I have no idea. We are going in April for my DD8's WISH and I have talked to Tessa (DD4) about going and she doesn't quite get it. She loves to go on trips, so she likes the sound of it, but not completely understanding how fun and special it's going to be. I guess you could prepare a little travel pack for them, with some dollar store Disney items, coloring books, etc just to get them in the mood. If you can get your hands on a portable DVD player for the drive down, it would be fun to tell them as you're watching Cinderella or whatever, "we're going to go visit her!".
I love the PandFrog cake idea. We just saw it on Cmas and LOVED it!!! She is Tessa's favorite now. princess:

I was thinking of buying a portable dvd player and having a disney movie marathon on our drive down. I may just keep the secret untill we pass under the sign. Can you imagine the look on thier face when they first realize they are at Disney? My dd went last year and remembers everything about her MAW trip. When I told her we were going this year again she jumped up and asked for her coat and shoes!!! :rotfl: After i explained to her that we would have to wait a while, she calmed down but still asks me everyday when we will be going back. Mya also loves PandFrog. Princess Tiana is her new favorite so I am planning a surprise centered around the movie but you guys will have to wait to see more details.

Im here! Your plans look great so far and I think Melissa's ideas for the surprise sound good or also waiting until you get there sounds awesome. I can just picture their faces :goodvibes

I was thinking of buying a portable dvd player and having a disney movie marathon on our drive down. I may just keep the secret untill we pass under the sign. Can you imagine the look on thier face when they first realize they are at Disney?

That would be awesome!

My dd went last year and remembers everything about her MAW trip. When I told her we were going this year again she jumped up and asked for her coat and shoes!!! :rotfl:

How cute! I can't believe she remembers so much! We took our girls to DLand last spring and Tessa hasn't talked about it too much. She did right after, kept asking to go back, but after a month or two she seemed to forget. Mya has a good memory!

Princess Tiana is her new favorite so I am planning a surprise centered around the movie but you guys will have to wait to see more details.

Oh, a little suspense. I'm hooked. popcorn::

Believe me yinyanggirls, Mya's great memory is not always a good thing. She likes to remind about how I leave her at sunday school every week while I go to the sermon and practically accuses me of abandonment. :sad2: I don't know where she got it from. I can't remember anything about my life untill preschool.

:woohoo: yay for going back to disney!
I'm also planning to go back (in 2 years) with just me and my mom.
Your daughter is so cute.

This is a breaking news report. We have even more people traveling to Disney with us. Maybe I'm going to have to change this trip name to A Grand Gathering. So I was telling Mya's paternal NaNa about the trip[ and encouraged her to come down with mya's pop pop. So they agreed to come down for the main birthday celebrations on 10/29 - 10/31. Remember how I said there was going to be a surprise central to one of the Princesses? Well they may have a little something to do with it. So now there are four adults and two children going. Will that finally be all? Unfortunately, we'll just have to wait and see.

I found your pre-trip report! I am so excited that you get to go back to Disney. I am even more excited that Mya is cured! I followed her caring bridge and hoped and prayed for positive posts each time I received an email that there was an update! I can't wait to hear about this wonderful new celebration trip! :wizard:
-Kristin

Quick Question, If I wanted to change my dining plan is it possible and how would I do that?

Did anyone reply to this? Because it's really easy to change your res. It might not be for the same time exactly but if you call 407-WDW-DINE they will help you out for sure. I had a little problem with my current trip work wouldn't let me go the week I wanted to go so we had to change them. Disney helped us out and changed everything for us. We have to eat lunch instead of dinner for one of our ADR but that's okay. :)

I'm totally on board for this one! I love stories that tug at the heart strings. I'm so glad Mya made it and she is doing so well now! You've got a hard core Disney lover in the making! What are you gonna do? Haha!

Im loving it that so many family members are going to be able to celebrate Mya's B-day with her and at Disney! It's perfect. Looking forward to hearing if anyone else decides to tag along for the fun!

I know, now my sis is supposedly coming with the other niece and nephew. Im not overly concerned though. People tend to all want to be apart of things when its months away but as the date gets closer, they tend to drop out at the last minute. Atleast that is how the people I know act any way. So I am only planning for the original cast untill ADR making time. That is when if you have not paid your share, you're not going comes into play.

I am so excited for you guys and to hear how well Mya is doing! Looking forward to reading your PTR!

I stayed up WAYYYY too late reading the whole TR from last year. What a trip!!! Mya looked like she was just eating up all that attention. Did you say her hair is growing back? Or was that before she had to start treatment again? My friend's daughter won her battle with leukemia and when her hair grew back it had a different texture. Weird huh? Anyway, with the drama of the last cast, maybe having a bigger party this time will help diffuse that. But like you said, everyone wants to go when it's just being talked about. Paying up is a different story. ;)

I stayed up WAYYYY too late reading the whole TR from last year. What a trip!!! Mya looked like she was just eating up all that attention. Did you say her hair is growing back? Or was that before she had to start treatment again? My friend's daughter won her battle with leukemia and when her hair grew back it had a different texture. Weird huh? Anyway, with the drama of the last cast, maybe having a bigger party this time will help diffuse that. But like you said, everyone wants to go when it's just being talked about. Paying up is a different story. ;)

Mya's hair has fallen out four different times from chemo. When we came back from our trip her hair came back but then fell out again after treatment started again. Now it is back again for good since she will never need treatment again. It is a totally different texture now than it was. Her hair used to be thick and curly but now it is silky and straight.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter