Provincial plans for loosening restrictions

@hdrolfe I just raked our whole backyard the other day! That was tiring! I still have to do the front, which will be annoying. We live across the street from apartment buildings and all their trash lands on our front yard. Makes me want to sell our house and move almost weekly LOL

@hdrolfe I just raked our whole backyard the other day! That was tiring! I still have to do the front, which will be annoying. We live across the street from apartment buildings and all their trash lands on our front yard. Makes me want to sell our house and move almost weekly LOL

I guess I have a few more days to get one since it's now snowing here! And sticking... at least for now :( I don't even have any trees, it's my neighbours who don't rake their yard and they all blow into mine. I've wanted to move somewhere with no yard, or at least a much smaller one, but putting all that on hold for now. While I like to be able to sit outside at times, we really don't use the yard, it's just a place the dog can go chase squirrels and bunnies.

Well New Brunswick has moved to the next stage as of today! Quite a bit opening up actually, so we'll see how it goes.

Attachments

• 97107189_1806475519515173_7222284346298728448_o.png
    97107189_1806475519515173_7222284346298728448_o.png
    224.3 KB · Views: 12

Hmm... that doesn't enlarge like I had hoped, so to summarize:

- elective surgeries and non-emergency health services (dental, vision, occupational and physical therapy etc)
- all retail stores (close contact services like hair dressers remain closed)
- all offices
- campgrounds can now open
- museums, art galleries, libraries, zoos, aquariums etc...
- outdoor recreation facilities like zip lines, horseback riding etc...
- ATV trails
- daycares
- restaurants (bars remain closed)

All of the above are allowed to open under the condition they follow all public health mandates and can ensure social distancing. As for socialization, we can still only have our two-household bubble, but we can now have small outdoor gatherings of up to 10 people as long as we stay 6' apart. We can also now have indoor gatherings of up to 10 people for weddings and funerals, as long as social distancing is maintained. Masks are now mandatory in all public spaces where social distancing can't be maintained. This stage is expected to last several weeks. To be honest, I'm a bit surprised at how much they're opening all at once.

@mshanson3121 Do you think they are trying to test the waters to see if there are any asymptomatic cases? Surely opening this many business and types of business would be enough to find positive cases if they are there. I think it's the next logical step for NB. If you can pass this phase over the next 2-4 weeks, are in great shape for the summer.

@mshanson3121 Do you think they are trying to test the waters to see if there are any asymptomatic cases? Surely opening this many business and types of business would be enough to find positive cases if they are there. I think it's the next logical step for NB. If you can pass this phase over the next 2-4 weeks, are in great shape for the summer.

Probably. When they did the initial lifting of restrictions two weeks ago, we only ended up with two cases in that time frame, and one of those was directly linked to travel in Ontario. The other one is still under investigation. So... I think that's pretty encouraging. Now, we're not testing tonnes - only 300-500 per day, however, our capacity is 2000 per day. They said the reason they're not testing more is basically there just aren't people getting tested. And we have pretty loose testing requirements, you only need to have any 2 symptoms from this list:

• Fever above 38 degrees Celsius
  • A new cough, or worsening chronic cough
  • Sore throat
  • Runny nose
  • Headache
  • A new onset of fatigue
  • A new onset of muscle pain
  • Diarrhea
  • Loss of sense of taste
  • Loss of sense of smell
  • In children, purple markings on the fingers and toes
  • Difficulty breathing

So... I think we're doing pretty good, fingers crossed!

I had an interesting team meeting today, they are still working out how they would be able to reopen the buildings, talk of having only half the staff i the building, many people being given the option to work from home, which was an option before in limited situations. I guess I'd better create a more permanent home office. It was interesting that pretty much the whole team is ok with continuing to work from home as long as possible. The logistics of half the staff working in the office in alternating shifts is difficult since most have or are in the process of taking their work stations home, many have to take public transit, can't exactly tote a computer, monitors, etc back and forth that way. Would you want to share stations with someone else? Any way...

I’m glad my podiatrist is opening Monday. Ingrown nails are painful! My hairdresser is figuring out how they will open, how many hair dressers can be in at one time. Looks like things are moving along. But they still have no plan it seems for September school opening. I’m glad mine have graduated and youngest finished her Bachelors last year.

Has anyone heard any hints of border opening? I won’t be surprised if they extend closure again until mid or end of June. But hope it can be safely opened for summer.

I’m glad my podiatrist is opening Monday. Ingrown nails are painful! My hairdresser is figuring out how they will open, how many hair dressers can be in at one time. Looks like things are moving along. But they still have no plan it seems for September school opening. I’m glad mine have graduated and youngest finished her Bachelors last year.

Has anyone heard any hints of border opening? I won’t be surprised if they extend closure again until mid or end of June. But hope it can be safely opened for summer.
Last I heard was Doug Ford said yesterday that he has talked to the other Premiers and they would like the border to stay closed til there is better screening in place. I've given up on trying to have a vacation in the U.S. this summer.

I’m so sorry if this is on the wrong thread, but U.S. citizens here... I’ve had a graduation trip planned for my son and I to visit Quebec City in early June. I’m assuming I should cancel?

@wdwrule, I would say yes, but we will all find out more after May 21 (I think that is the date), which is when the US/Canada border closure would either be extended or terminated.

I’m so sorry if this is on the wrong thread, but U.S. citizens here... I’ve had a graduation trip planned for my son and I to visit Quebec City in early June. I’m assuming I should cancel?

I would say probably.

Pay attention to two things:
- the Canada/US border restrictions and the accompanying current 14 day quarantine for anyone entering Canada [who is not exempt; tourists would not be exempt]

- Quebec's rules for interprovincial borders and international travelers, which may differ from the national policy e.g. re: quarantine.

Right now for example Quebec officially only wants people entering the province on essential travel. No tourists. No visiting your cottage. There are five ways to get from Gatineau across the river into the Ottawa region. At semi-random times of the day police from Quebec set up roadblocks and turn back people going from Ontario into Quebec if they do not have a legitimate reason. There are also travel restrictions between some regions of Quebec.

Don't know what it will look like later in the summer, but those are two big hurdles to deal with.

Also, at least here in Ottawa many hotels, including some major ones, are closed, so there are accommodations and such to be concerned about as well. I assume the rest of the country has similar issues re: hotels.

SW

I would say probably.

Pay attention to two things:
- the Canada/US border restrictions and the accompanying current 14 day quarantine for anyone entering Canada [who is not exempt; tourists would not be exempt]

- Quebec's rules for interprovincial borders and international travelers, which may differ from the national policy e.g. re: quarantine.

Right now for example Quebec officially only wants people entering the province on essential travel. No tourists. No visiting your cottage. There are five ways to get from Gatineau across the river into the Ottawa region. At semi-random times of the day police from Quebec set up roadblocks and turn back people going from Ontario into Quebec if they do not have a legitimate reason. There are also travel restrictions between some regions of Quebec.

Don't know what it will look like later in the summer, but those are two big hurdles to deal with.

Also, at least here in Ottawa many hotels, including some major ones, are closed, so there are accommodations and such to be concerned about as well. I assume the rest of the country has similar issues re: hotels.

SW
Thank you for this info. This gives me a good picture to know how to plan. At the very least, it looks like I may reschedule in the fall, but most likely next summer. Oh well. I guess we’ll keep vacationing in our house. Take care!

Ontario is opening provincial parks and conservation areas for day use next weekend. Its a start, its now on us the people to keep physical distancing and wearing masks when necessary. I just hope we can keep doing it so we don't have to shut things down again.

Ontario is opening provincial parks and conservation areas for day use next weekend. Its a start, its now on us the people to keep physical distancing and wearing masks when necessary. I just hope we can keep doing it so we don't have to shut things down again.
Yeah, it’s not looking good in BC. Covidiots packed beaches, and parks This weekend. Hopefully Dr Bonnie is right and this is just a small segment of the population and most people are following the rules.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter