Provincial plans for loosening restrictions

I'm growing a tad frustrated with our province. We have had less than 5 cases each day and they are usually at the LTC facility. I believe we have 22 active community cases right now, with 44 at the LTC facility. We haven't even gotten to PHASE ONE yet! Like, WHAT?! We are going to be stuck home until Christmas at this rate.

*rant over*

I’m thinking they will end the school year earlier, maybe mid June at the latest. No sense dragging it out when not much is being taught anyways.

My raise-the-eyebrow moment came with Ford's announcement that you can have your house cleaner come in, but not your family. . . .yet. . . .he understands how hard that is. :rolleyes: Many, many cleaners go from house to house-2 or 3 homes a day. We're lucky. . . . I am the cleaner, along with the live in husband and daughter.

^lol,I guess that's because he already had his family over,which were over the total limit of 5 if i'm not mistaken, for Mother's day,but now "he" needs or has, the housecleaner scheduled,before making headlines again for breaking his own rules to suit his own needs.You know the saying,"Do as i say,not as I do"

I guess I'd just like to know if DS will be back in school this year, (Teachers should earn way, way more. If this didn't show how much they contribute nothing will.) All of DS's teachers have helped but despite that with us being professionals (IT Security and IT Incident Management) this has been tough to get the motivation for DS to do his work. He's a guy who wants to please but he's talking to his friends... and not everyones on board... It's a super frustrating thing...

Update for us too. The Greater Montreal won't have any school re-open this year. The conditions in Montreal prevent a May 25 opening and postponing to June doesn't really make sense since the government and teachers were not willing to extend the school year beyond June 23rd. Daycares for non-essential workers for the Greater Montreal are postponed once more to June 1st.

Golf courses and day use of provincial parks will also open here. Finally, individual sports such as tennis, swimming in open water, kayak, etc. can also re-start but only if they can be practiced outside. At this point, I just hope outdoor city pools will be opened this summer, even if they cannot have the changing rooms available. Especially if they cancel summer camps. For the first time since we are homeowner, I regret not having a private pool.

it took long enough on the School decision here. I was telling my husband that I think it was his plan for a while. He has been taking a lot of heat lately, amd all of a sudden Legault, Merci Legault. Back in the good graces again, plus with all the teachers and aides still on the payroll, at least (in their heads), they are getting them to have worked these past few weeks. My sister In law is an integration aide, and had been going non stop. I think that was the only call to make !

I don’t know about the pools on the Island. Are you on the Island? I am in lasalle, which is not a great spot right now. I’m glad we have a pool, we use it a lot, I just worry with the new rules, because my nephew (10), and cousins are always here swimming, anxious to see.

Which led to the dumbest question from a reporter I have heard lately. "Restaurants aren't open, so I can shop, but I can't feed my family?" Really? Are there people out there who can only feed their families restaurant meals?
I really should start making a diary of the really dumb things that reporters ask on the federal and provincial updates.
Another dumb thing to add to your collection “why are pet groomers allowed to open but not hair salons”. So apparently there are people who don’t get that dogs are different from people.

Another dumb thing to add to your collection “why are pet groomers allowed to open but not hair salons”. So apparently there are people who don’t get that dogs are different from people.
Actually, dogs can be carriers too, there was an article about infected dogs in Wuhan a while ago that I read, so yeah, I kind of get that question. I'm not for opening hair salons, but I don't think the groomers should be open either.

Actually, dogs can be carriers too, there was an article about infected dogs in Wuhan a while ago that I read, so yeah, I kind of get that question. I'm not for opening hair salons, but I don't think the groomers should be open either.

I read that in Hong Kong, pet dogs whose owners had Covid, were found to also be infected. So Hong Kong was testing all pet dogs and cats as a precaution. Pet cats have also tested positive for Covid in New York. I hope vets and groomers take the proper precautions when opening.

Have they confirmed that pets can transmit it back to people, though? I thought they could catch it from us, but weren't able to give it to other humans. That could be old info, though.

Here is the CDC page on pets and COVID: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/daily-life-coping/pets.html with additional linkage on that page to the World Organisation for Animal Health.

Yes a very limited number of pets have tested positive. Dogs are not likely to develop disease (so become spreaders), some limited number of cats are. I haven't been able to find an actual number of animals tested, but considering the number of humans afflicted is in the millions, and the number of pets testing positive appears to be a very low (maybe in the hundreds reading between the lines, and often in a controlled lab), the risk of transmission from pets to humans, or as a pathway from human to human is assesed as very low.
Groomers and grooming salons are required to take appropriate measures to limit transmission. We have an appointment for our dog next week if our salon does open (might get cancelled again) and we find the risk acceptable. Our dog is miserable right now with the warming weather and excess fur. She was due for a groom at the beginning of the outbreak, so is now 8 weeks past due. Nightly combing is helping, but her coat is still in pretty bad shape, and walks are stressful for her in the heat.

Just read NS Premier has extended the State of Emergency (was set to expire on the 18th) for two more weeks (May 31).
Don't get too upset/worried/concerned or whatever ... Ontario extended as well yet we're still flinging all types of things wide open -- i have no idea what this means ?? I haven't been able to confirm yet (i like to see things documented and written down so this is just what I heard on the radio at lunch time) Ford is apparently thinking about expanding the size of acceptable gatherings beyond the current 5 (so he can get away with having his girls over ?!!?!?!)

Don't get too upset/worried/concerned or whatever ... Ontario extended as well yet we're still flinging all types of things wide open -- i have no idea what this means ?? I haven't been able to confirm yet (i like to see things documented and written down so this is just what I heard on the radio at lunch time) Ford is apparently thinking about expanding the size of acceptable gatherings beyond the current 5 (so he can get away with having his girls over ?!!?!?!)
Its probably moving to gatherings of 10. Just to put this out there I work for a large grocery store and upper management expects that limiting people in will be around til at least September.

Christine Elliott reassured us that there would likely be "good news" about expanding our bubble next week. Ford, meanwhile, said....follow the guidelines (quarantine) from the Health department and........ if you do have a bbq on the weekend be sure to social distance, stay outside with no more than 5. Talk about your conflicting advice. No wonder no one knows!

Christine Elliott reassured us that there would likely be "good news" about expanding our bubble next week. Ford, meanwhile, said....follow the guidelines (quarantine) from the Health department and........ if you do have a bbq on the weekend be sure to social distance, stay outside with no more than 5. Talk about your conflicting advice. No wonder no one knows!
Its not conflicting at all. Its still a gathering of less then 5.

Its not conflicting at all. Its still a gathering of less then 5.
In my mind it's EXTREMELY conflicting if Ford can have his family over but I can't. We're supposed to stay within our own family bubble yet it's now possible to have someone in to cook, clean or care for your children?!?! What's the chance that those paid workers aren't going to more than one house? And you can have a bbq so long as you stay outside and there's no more than 5 people, is that 5 people from my house or can i now invite others over?? That is not a very clear picture in my mind at all.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter