Provincial plans for loosening restrictions

Yeah, it’s not looking good in BC. Covidiots packed beaches, and parks This weekend. Hopefully Dr Bonnie is right and this is just a small segment of the population and most people are following the rules.
And this is just the parks and beaches that are currently open! The provincial parks don't even for day use until Thursday! I don't know if you are in the lower mainland or not (we are in Surrey) but the majority of parks opening for day use are NOT on the south coast, interestingly enough.

And this is just the parks and beaches that are currently open! The provincial parks don't even for day use until Thursday! I don't know if you are in the lower mainland or not (we are in Surrey) but the majority of parks opening for day use are NOT on the south coast, interestingly enough.
Yes we are in Pt Moody.

Yep, I agree. But it's the first time I've seen them all listed in one place.

I would really love to be able to travel from Alberta to Saskatchewan to see my family sometime this summer.

We would love to be able to pick up the daughter and grandbaby in Calgary and then head to Saskatchewan so that the Great great grandma can meet her first great great grandchild :love: Grandma is still living at home ( there is a family member there that lives there too ;) ) This lock down has been hard on her, everyone is very used to stopping in for a quick chin waggle and tea with her when they are in town. She has had 2 more great grandchildren and one great grandchild born since the begining of Jan - and hasn't seen any of them. And she LOVES to see her grandchildren! So hopefully we will be able to see her this summer - even if it is outside in the backyard with no contact.

The way he was talking today its probably going to deal with trailers and people being able to use them.
As somebody anxiously awaiting the ability to use our camper, I need to go find that bit of news...

As somebody anxiously awaiting the ability to use our camper, I need to go find that bit of news...
Me too as I have a trailer near Long Point. The only thing I worry about is that my mother called the trailer park. They said when they do open that bathrooms will be closed, pool won't be opening and no activities for the kids.

We're not seasonal, so I need to book our weekends out. Typically, I've got the year booked out by Feb or March at the latest. Right now, we haven't booked anything, and I've even had to cancel one of our annual trips (which was this coming weekend, so understandable). So it's tearing me up that I don't have anything booked, especially any of the provincial parks, as those you really need to book way out in advance to get the good sites.

But, even if the camping season opens, I'm still not sure when we'll get to go. Our fifth wheel was broken into over the winter, and our dealer can't get a replacement window in for it due to the manufacturers being shut down, and no available stock anywhere. So even once things do open up, we still have to wait for a window to get made and installed before we can head out. At this point, I'm not sure we're going to see a camping season this year. I brought the trailer home last week and gave it it's spring cleaning, but I skipped dewinterizing it just in case.

In QC, the only people that are allowed to stay in campgrounds are snowbirds that don't have another residence in Canada. My kids will be disappointed if they stay closed for the rest of the population but I'm not expecting we will be allowed to go camping this summer. Not that I will complain since I'm not a fan but it will be a huge disappointment for my kids and many for sure. As for large gatherings, we already know festivals and sport events are canceled until at least August 31st here. It will be a weird summer for sure!

Ontario announced some more things can open, but still no word on schools/daycares, or when people can visit with other households. I thought that would be coming today. School openings were supposed to be on the agenda this week. I guess there's still tomorrow! No restaurants for sit down service, still only take out, drive through or delivery. Golf was one thing that is opening, and pet grooming as well. I'm sure there are a lot of pet owners who will be very happy about that! I am too, my dog won't need a groomer for a few more weeks at least, but hopefully all the people who couldn't get in will be able to do so between now and then :)

Outdoor recreation, I wonder what all that encompasses. Stores with separate street entrances. More to come I guess! It's something? And they will be making PPE available somehow.

Update for us too. The Greater Montreal won't have any school re-open this year. The conditions in Montreal prevent a May 25 opening and postponing to June doesn't really make sense since the government and teachers were not willing to extend the school year beyond June 23rd. Daycares for non-essential workers for the Greater Montreal are postponed once more to June 1st.

Golf courses and day use of provincial parks will also open here. Finally, individual sports such as tennis, swimming in open water, kayak, etc. can also re-start but only if they can be practiced outside. At this point, I just hope outdoor city pools will be opened this summer, even if they cannot have the changing rooms available. Especially if they cancel summer camps. For the first time since we are homeowner, I regret not having a private pool.

Ontario announced some more things can open, but still no word on schools/daycares, or when people can visit with other households. I thought that would be coming today. School openings were supposed to be on the agenda this week. I guess there's still tomorrow! No restaurants for sit down service, still only take out, drive through or delivery. Golf was one thing that is opening, and pet grooming as well. I'm sure there are a lot of pet owners who will be very happy about that! I am too, my dog won't need a groomer for a few more weeks at least, but hopefully all the people who couldn't get in will be able to do so between now and then :)

Outdoor recreation, I wonder what all that encompasses. Stores with separate street entrances. More to come I guess! It's something? And they will be making PPE available somehow.

Pretty sure Ford said that announcements on school openings would be early next week.

I just don't expect them to go back. At this point, I'm expecting they'll just roll the end of year with the distance learning. At least for my grade school kids. High schools, where marks actually make a difference in passing or not, might be different.

Which led to the dumbest question from a reporter I have heard lately. "Restaurants aren't open, so I can shop, but I can't feed my family?" Really? Are there people out there who can only feed their families restaurant meals?
I really should start making a diary of the really dumb things that reporters ask on the federal and provincial updates.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter