Quick and Easy Appetizers & Snacks

What kind of dip do you put in those pumpernickel bread bowls?

What kind of dip do you put in those pumpernickel bread bowls?

Hi Sandy, I have done spinach dip in them and also a beer cheese dip. I use the recipe on the knorr vegetable soup box for the spinach dip and if you would like the beer cheese dip, let me know.

Hi Sandy, I have done spinach dip in them and also a beer cheese dip. I use the recipe on the knorr vegetable soup box for the spinach dip and if you would like the beer cheese dip, let me know.

I'd love to have the beer cheese dip recipe, please!

The Knorr spinach dip is yummo!

Could I please have the recipe for the beer cheese dip too? Sounds delicious.

What a great idea for a thread!:goodvibes Here's hoping that it really starts to take off again - I am always looking for new ideas.:)

beer cheese dip - a dip with two of my favourite things!:goodvibes

ETA I like to buy a whole small Camembert (the one in a wooden box), take off the plastic wrapper (VERY important :rotfl:) and return the cheese to the box. Peirce the cheese with a skewer, rub surface with a slice of garlic, sprinkle on some thyme leaves and drizzle a little olive oil. Then pop the lid on, put the box on a small tray in a medium oven for about 15-20 mins until the cheese is all squishy. Break through the top crust with breadsticks etc and eat like a fondue. You can do this with a bigger one but it takes longer. Sometimes it cools a bit quickly, but you just pop it back in the oven for a few mins and its fine. If you plan to use the microwave make sure the box has no metal staples!!

Okay I did not read all of the posts so forgive me in this is a repeat

Meatballs in a crockpot

One package of meatballs
2 large jars of grape Jam
2 large jars of yellow mustard
Put everything in the crockpot and about 20 minutes later give it a stir. Let it cook for 1 hour and serve.

Buffalo Chicken Dip is great too. Just google the reciepe. When someone brings this to work it smells up the office and our mouths water all day

Pumperknickel petite sandwiches

Take pumperknickel bread loaf that is 2" X 2" size
Jar of Helmans Mayo
Cucumber
Lemon Pepper seasoning.

Spread mayo on bread
Add a thin slice of Cuke on top of mayo
Sprinkle with Lemon Pepper

YUM.

I made a new app for my ds's birtday party a few weeks ago, it was a hit.

Drizzle with olive oil and then toast french bread rounds, like for bruschetta.
This can be done ahead.

When ready to serve, spread each toast piece with some herb garlic cream cheese (like Boursin). I made my own with cream cheese and Tastefully Simple Spinach and Herb blend.

Top each toast piece with a small, overlapped piece of rare roast beef.

Then a slice of a very small plum tomato and some chopped scallions.

That's it!

Round Pumpernickle Bread with Beer Cheese Dip

2 10oz containers of Wispride Cheddar Cheese
8oz container whipped cream cheese
8oz Bleu Cheese
1 can of beer (add gradually until desired dipping)
2 1# round loaves of pumpernickle

Mix dip with mixer, adding beer gradually until a smooth, dipable consistency. Cut off top of loaves and hollow out. Pour dip into bread and tear the inside of loaf into bite size pieces for dipping. Serve with toothpicks.

*This is not cooked so the alcohol will remain in the beer. If this is a problem, use a non alcoholic version like O'doul's.

Rats! Can't get the first here - is it like regular block cheddar or some sort of spread?

Not keen on blue cheese at all - could I sub a strongly-flavoured alternative crumbly cheese?

Mazda - the Wispride is a spread. It's very yummy! :teeth: Just seeing the name makes me crave it! :rotfl: They have a variation with port wine that is often seen at holiday gatherings here.

And I certainly think you could substitute another crumbly cheese for the bleu if you don't care for it. I don't think I'd use feta though. I think you'd need something drier.

Rats! Can't get the first here - is it like regular block cheddar or some sort of spread?

Not keen on blue cheese at all - could I sub a strongly-flavoured alternative crumbly cheese?

Mazda - the Wispride is a spread. It's very yummy! :teeth: Just seeing the name makes me crave it! :rotfl: They have a variation with port wine that is often seen at holiday gatherings here.

And I certainly think you could substitute another crumbly cheese for the bleu if you don't care for it. I don't think I'd use feta though. I think you'd need something drier.

What Piratesmate said! :thumbsup2 I would think you could use a finely shredded cheddar too.

we used to have a cheddar spread called Chedderie but it was discontinued:sad2: So some sort of soft cheese like brie might work? Wensleydale is crumbly and not as wet as feta, but its not very strong. I need to have a think;)

Reading this you would probably think... what the ?!?! But a lady at work makes this and this stuff is really, really good!

On a round glass dish spread cream cheese, then top the cream cheese with cocktail sauce, then put on the top of that crab meat (she uses canned (?!) jumbo lump - so its layered on the plate.
Serve with some really good crackers and you basically scoop the stuff off the plate on your cracker and eat it.

It's really simple but it is sooo good. She makes this for us on large plates and it's the first thing gone. For her dinner parties, she does it on smaller plates - the itty bitty ones, and puts 3-4 crackers on top and people have their own little plate of happiness. It can be done ahead of time and wrapped in plastic wrap (maybe night before) and stacked the night before. She says the little plates she individually wraps and then wraps the stack in plastic before refrigerating.

Simple but it is good.

Another lady at work does cream cheese and pepper jelly and crackers. Sort of the same concept but it is done with the cheese brick cut in half for smaller plates or the whole thing in the middle of the plate with pepper jelly spooned over the top. Good stuff. AND simple. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter