Quick and Easy Appetizers & Snacks

I forgot all about this thread. I loved it! Could someone kindly remind me if there has been any kind of a word document made? I know some kind sole did that with the Christmas thread. I know long time ago I printed off some of the recipes but didn't put them together in a nice document and now I've lost them. I'd love to print them out again and simpler is the best way :thumbsup2.

Thanks!

Any new ones to add?

My DSis has a meatball one that uses cranberry sauce instead of jelly (grape or other). I'll get it and post it. Sounds good to me!

Went to a neighborhood open house on Friday and my neighbor across the street made meatballs that were the hit of the party. I was standing next to them and someone asked me if I had made them. She said her picky son loved them. I told her I didn't but I knew the recipe. It only has 2 ingredients.

Here it goes.

Ingredients
Prepared meatballs (she used the frozen ones from Sams)
Bottle of Sweet Baby Rays BBQ sauce.

Put ingredients in crockpot and heat until hot. Serve with toothpicks.

These were really, surprisingly, good!

Went to a party a while back and they had bacon wrapped shrimp with BBQ sauce drizzled on it. Very good!! Could get expensive but for New Years and Christmas- would be nice.

pretty large shrimp- fresh and pull off the tails
Bacon- just cut the bacon in 3's across and wrap it around the shrimp
Place on cookie sheet- lined with tin foil
Sweet Baby Ray's BBQ sauce drizzled all over and cook until shrimp and bacon is done- 15 to 30 minutes under 375 degrees

Went to a party a while back and they had bacon wrapped shrimp with BBQ sauce drizzled on it. Very good!! Could get expensive but for New Years and Christmas- would be nice.

pretty large shrimp- fresh and pull off the tails
Bacon- just cut the bacon in 3's across and wrap it around the shrimp
Place on cookie sheet- lined with tin foil
Sweet Baby Ray's BBQ sauce drizzled all over and cook until shrimp and bacon is done- 15 to 30 minutes under 375 degrees

Sounds really good!:goodvibes

Does anyone have a recipe for baked brie en crute? I would like one that has a fruit salsa with it.

I think there might be one on the pampered chef website:goodvibes

Some of my favorites - that I didn't already see on here....

Bacon Wrapped Chicken Bites
2 lb chicken breasts
1 pack Smoky bacon
2/3 cup Brown Sugar
2 Tablespoons Chili Powder

Preheat oven to 350˚. Cube raw chicken breasts into small squares. Wrap with ½ a piece of smoky bacon and secure with a toothpick. Roll in a mixture of brown sugar and Chili Powder. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil. Bake for about 30 minutes or until the chicken is cooked and the bacon crispy.

Stuffed Biscuit Appetizers
1 Package biscuits
Filling of choice:
Ham, Turkey, Bacon, Sausage, Beef, Chicken, seafood
Cheese, Veggies, Sauces or Condiments…

Place biscuits inside greased muffin pan. Press biscuit on the bottom and up the sides to form a bowl. Fill with fillings and condiments or sauce of choice. Bake according to biscuit package until biscuits are golden brown.

Mini Quiches
1 cup Egg Beaters
1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
1 cup Diced Ham or Bacon
1/4 cup chives - chopped fine
House Seasoning
1 package Crescent Creations (no lines)

Preheat oven to 375. Spray a mini muffin pay with no stick spray. Flatten out the Crescent dough into a large triangle. Cut into 2 inch circles or squares. Gently push dough into muffin pan holes and press to form to bottom. In a bowl - add the eggs, cheese, diced ham or bacon, chopped chives, and house seasoning to taste. Fill each pastry 1/2 full with
egg mixture. Bake 10 - 12 minutes until set and brown on top. Makes 24 quiches.

A must-have at our office snack days is Bacon Wrapped Dates. Don't say what they are until tasted...some are turned off at the thought of a date.

-container of whole, pitted dates (those in raisin aisle are ok, but prefer the ones found in produce dept)
-pound of bacon

Wrap date with half slice of bacon, secure with toothpick and place in baking dish. Bake at 350F for 20-25 minutes, or until bacon is crisp.
Let cool before serving. They are best eaten when not piping hot.

We don't usually, but dates can be stuffed with cheese or nuts before wrapping.

I made two cheese dips for Christmas that are very simple.

Chipped Beef Dip

1 - oz package cream cheese
2 packages of chip beef(like Buddig)
Garlic powder

I chopped the meat in the food processor & mixed in a bowl with other ingredients.

Green Olive Dip

1-10 oz container of onion & chive cream cheese
1 small jar green olives(drained)
Garlic powder

I used the food processor again to chop the olives, then mixed everything together in a bowl. If you love green olives, you must give this a try!

Both are great with crackers or raw veggies.

1 package cresent rolls (or the new sheet of dough)
1 package of pizza blend cheese. Mozzerella, asiago, provolone, parmesan, anything like that works well but just mozzerella gets very stringy, a blend works better.
a little olive oil
any kind of chopped up veggie, bacon bits, I actually love pineapple on this.

Put a little bit of oil on a baking sheet and spread the cresent dough onto it. If you can find the sheet use that, if you can only find the rolls just smush the seams together. Blind bake the dough for 2 minutes at 350°F then drizzle on a little bit more oil and the cheese, and any topping you'd like. Bake for another 3-5 minutes, until the outer edge of the dough it crispy. Cut into squares and serve.

Ridiculously fast and easy but delicious.

Bumping!

I had this in my 'favorites' and just went searching for an app to make tonight for a party.

Let's get some new ones on here for BBQ/summer party season! :goodvibes

2 ounces cream cheese
1 tablespoon mayonnaise
1/4 cup sour cream
1 tablespoon butter, softened
1/4 teaspoon seasoning salt
1/8 teaspoon paprika
4 teaspoons onions, minced
4 teaspoons green peppers, minced
1/4 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
1 (6 ounce) can crabmeat

Mix cream cheese, mayo, sour cream, and butter until smooth.
Blend in salt and paprika.
Stir in onion, green pepper, cheese, and crab meat.
Bake at 350F for 10-15 minutes, until bubbly.

I haven't tried this one yet, but it sounds good. I would probably leave out the green pepper though, not a fan.

Mini Kabobs....They are easy to make and very pretty on a white platter.

One cucumber...cut in half lengthwise and the cut each half in half lengthwise again. Then slice them so you wind up with little triangles.

Feta Cheese cut into one inch squares.
One can black pitted olives
Quart of grape or cherry tomatoes.

Layer all the ingredients on toothpicks. Cuke, feta, olive, tomato. Serve on white platter and drizzle with olive oil and salt and pepper.

I made two cheese dips for Christmas that are very simple.

Chipped Beef Dip

1 - oz package cream cheese
2 packages of chip beef(like Buddig)
Garlic powder

I chopped the meat in the food processor & mixed in a bowl with other ingredients.

I made a hot dip like this this past weekend and it was a hit! It had:

2 pkg cream cheese
2 pks chipped beef
1 green pepper, chopped
1 onion, chopped
8oz cheddar, shredded
garlic powder

I chopped beef, pepper, onion in the food processor. Mixed in cream cheese and cheddar and then baked at 350 for about 50 minutes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter