Reading, seeing and hearing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pumba, congrats on your MIL's sucessful move. I can relate to the feeling of "where the heck did I put that?" Hope you don't have too much of that.

UMA,

WOO HOOTY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:dance3: :dance3: :cool1: :cool1: party: party:

OMG, it is snowing here in Michigan! I was beginning to think we weren't going to get anything but rain here this winter.

NO NO NO .....No snow ......do not blow it towards Maine......after yesterdays temps......70s and then today we are still very mild for this time of the year...but 40's .....oh well.......back to Winter in Maine I guess......
One year it was 20 below for like a week .....and then we got to 15-20 above and we thought we were having a heat wave.......rofl...
I do not like to much snow though......so dont blow it to hard towards us:goodvibes

My kids have never even seen snow. Once when they were small, we took them to a "snow festival" in Orlando, which was a bunch of ice in a parking lot, LOL. And they saw a patch of ice in the Alps once, that's it.

They would love to see some of the new white flakey stuff... (minus the cold, I am sure). Jeez, just remembering back at the freezing toes and fingers of my childhood, and my nose always glowed like Rudolph's when it was anywhere near cold. And my nose is like a round light bulb, LOL, not a pretty sight......... You could have called me Ruldolphette! :rotfl2:

Wow we were chatty this weekend....I was happy to see I had a few pages to read.

Did anyone miss me? I went home for the weekend, since it will be the only time we could go before our trip.

Moo welcome home. Sorry to here about you being sick the last day. Sure wouldn't want to be on a plane when sick.

I am with Pumba keep your snow. They are calling for rain or wet snow tomorrow and Tuesday.

Dre-- Those are big stockings. Hope you got a lot of good stuff. Are you better today?

Grammy -- cool picture. And that was from far away for the Cape too.

Pumba-- We all know you were joking. Don't worry so much.

UMA--Wooooohoooooty to you !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! have to go read your trippie.

Twinkie -- What do you mean you have to change your dates. Are you staying longer......

--

My ticker is really moving. I better start trying some of my clothes on to see if they fit to take. Or I will have some shopping to do with my gift cards.

My Mom said have a great trip before we left, Nicholas said what trip. She was fast and said your trip home of course.

Hubby is comfirming our Tiffany car right now. We need a booster seat for Hannah. It is law there too isn't anyone under 8 needs one? Guess you can't help me with that one Marita. You don't have little one anymore.

--

NAB, I dont think you need one for an 8 yr old. That seems way too old. I think it goes by pounds, under 40 maybe? But I am totally guessing on the pounds. I am pretty sure you dont need a booster seat for an 8 yr old though.

Nab, we were wondering where you were! Glad you had a chance to visit your folks. Good catch by your mom about her trip comment, LOL! You must be getting pretty excited.

I finally felt good enough to get a shower and get out of my jammies this afternoon. There's not much food in the house, so I might need to make a trip to the store.

Not much danger of this snow moving up to Maine or Canada - it seems to be one of those steady, gently falling snows rather than a blowing storm.

I'm sure not looking forward to going into work tomorrow!!!

Twinkie -- What do you mean you have to change your dates. Are you staying longer......

--

Wow! look at our ticker! It is so hard to be stealthy... I really need to collate all my charts, graphs, cheat sheets, ADR numbers... etc etc... I haven't even thought about clothes. How is the weather Marita? Do I need shorts? (if so I'll have to buy new for the baby since he won't be able to wear last summer's clothes)

No- I have to leave earlier... the 3rd since the SuperBowl (go Twins!) is on the 4th and DH won't have time to drive to the airport since somebody has got to keep the couch firmly weighted down for entire day.:laughing:

I took a long break from the trip report board but I have been reading alot this weekend... Lots of funny!!!! Reading trip reports makes me want to be THERE so bad.

woohooty for Uma, Pumba and anyone else out there!!!!:dance3:

Twinkie, weather is all over, from 80 to 60's, so just be prepared for all. On top of that, they seem to be changing the forecast daily!!!

Twinkie, I dont think you need to buy new shorts for the baby, its really not very hot now. And if all fails, who minds a toddler in diapers? (Unless poop is running out,LOL)

Wooooooo Hoooty on 1300 Twinkie!!!

I don't mind sharing my ticker. It is pretty cool to watch go down though. I should of had one for my August trip.

We fly back on Feb 3rd too at 3:50 in the afternoon. You are off the boat by 9:00 so we will be wandering the airport for a few hours.

Moo-- glad your feeling better. I too want to see a picture of you two lovely ladies.

--

1300 Woo Hooooooooty, Twinkie!!!!!!!

It was much warmer in Florida this past week than I had anticipated. Fortunately, I had overpacked and included capris, a couple pairs of shorts, and enough short-sleeved shirts to get by. I only needed my sweatshirt one evening due to the rain.

Moo how did your Disney Crocs work out for you. I got a pearl pair with the pink strap for the boat.

I should be doing some ironing for the kids school clothes tomorrow. Guess I will wait until I get them in bed. Hannah will be going in a few mins.

So are you going to write a trip report Moo?

--

NAB- I'll be at the airport that afternoon too!! :cool1: We are magicalexpressing it so we will be at their mercy.

So Moo, Marita, anyone else: Will my daughters be warm enough in skirts, short sleeves and a jacket? I was planning on wearing jeans all week.... do I need shorts? Maybe Uma could loan me some daisydukes and a tube top....she talks about them non-stop on her trip report....

Has anyone (mommyP? maybe) tried the new crocs that look like mary-janes?

Do people really swim this time of year? :scared: I know my kids will want to... they will swim even if they are turning blue.

Nab, this is embarassing to admit, but I didn't end up wearing my Disney Crocs during the trip!!! Since I got the red ones, they didn't end up looking right with the outfits I wore. So I'll have them to wear this spring/summer and on my next Disney trip.

I don't plan to write a trip report since I lost my photos. If I get some good pics from my friends and cousin, I'll just share them here.

Twinkie, I think you should be sure to take a pair of shorts and/or capris along with your jeans in case it is warmer than predicted. My friends and I were all glad we had some with us. Of course, as I kept reminding my friends, there are plenty of clothes to purchase at the World if you want to pay those prices . . .

We saw lots of people swimming at Pop on the days it was in the 80s.

Oh, and I forgot to mention that Magical Express went very smoothly and quickly for us on our way to Pop. We were the first people dropped off. The Animal Kingdom Lodge guests were pretty torqued!

Twinkie, I dont think I am qualified to answer about your daughter's warmness.

I am too accustomed to the heat. I freeze at 70 degrees. Well, maybe at at 65 degrees. But 70 callls for long sleeves for sure, preferably a sweat shirt if I am not working.

Oh, addendum. yes, people actually swim this time of year. Even when it's almost freezing outside. The pools are heated. but certainly no bathtubs.

Thanks Moo and Marita! So I guess some of everything, dress in layers etc.... I have been in December twice and it is just hard to guess the weather here let alone Florida.

So I have been following some threads about changes in the dining plan... Oh MY are people quick to debate anything and everything... I almost got involved when one thread went anti-genetically modified food (hell-o! you are eating a bazillion grams of fat a day, one gene that reduces pesticide use and dosn't alter the part you actually eat isn't going to be your problem, trust me!) but remembered that on one was really interested in being informed. This is almost as good as lurking on the DVC boards...:3dglasses

Hello Strangers! Just popping in to say HI since I won't probably be back until AFTER my trip! :banana:

Here's a couple of pics of a cat I saw last night at Petsmart. He's got his very own not-so hidden Mickey! I sure hope a DISNEY LOVER adopts him and changes his name to something more Disneylike. Sparky just doesn't cut it.

mickeykitty.jpg

mickeykitty2.jpg

See you all after my Vacation!!!!!:dance3:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter