Recreating Memories- Surprise Mother & daughter trip

Hi Kristen!! I'm catching up and can't believe you'll be leaving VERY soon!! How exciting!! And I love your 1st day of school pics!! Your boys are just precious!!

The pictures from the kids and of the kids are wonderful. I know you don't want to hear it but Ethan does look like he can handle the world!
They are all adorable!

1 week + 1 day for you!!!!!!!

I still have 2 weeks + and I'm starting to bug out a bit.

I survived 1st grade too. DD6 started on Wed and it is so quiet with her gone all day now. :sad1:(She had 1/2 day Kindergarten)

And DS4 will be going to preschool starting next week 2 days a week for a couple of hours.

So it will be me and DS20mths at home. :sad2:

Don't you feel they are growing up too fast.:scared1:

I still can't believe your trip is coming up. Wow the summer flew by too fast. Too bad all the nice weather is now that they are back in school. Where was all this sunshine before?:mad:

Your trip is right around the corner!! I'm so excited for you! I just wish we were overlapping. Oh well, another time. And in the meantime maybe we can plan a New England meet!

Have fun with all the last minute planning details!! :goodvibes

I missed it....hoping everyone will join me with the SINGLE DIGIT DANCE!!!!!:dance3: Woohoo!! I can't believe it! One week aka 7 more days from this exact moment, I will be in DISNEY WORLD!!!!!!!!!!:cloud9: I think I must be in denial, I can't believe it's almost time!!!!!:woohoo:

I've been soooo bad at DISing lately, I'm sorry!! Tracey, Adam and family (for those that didn't read my December 2008 TR, Tracey is my BFF that joined us in Disney our last trip) came for a last minute visit from Philly this long weekend so between cleaning for them and then having 10 people (in total) in my house all weekend there was no time to DIS!!:laughing: Sorry about that!! I hope that everyone had a great Labor day weekend and got out and enjoyed the beautiful weather!! We had a great one....we spent from 9 a.m to 6:30 p.m on the beach with about 6 couples and our 15 or so children, grilling, swimming ,digging, sunning...it was glorious and officially our last day on the beach for this Summer. What a GREAT Summer, it was!! We went to the playground, played in the yard, walked on Plymouth waterfront to visit the Mayflower and just enjoyed our time together with Tracey and Adam. It was a great weekend. And believe it or not, DISNEY came up!! We're trying to plan a get together for the week between Christmas and New Years with them and we keep pricing the indoor waterparks and that sort and it's SO expensive, that we actually priced Disney!!!:rolleyes: But I don't think it will happen....airfare is SO EXPENSIVE!!!:sad2: But never say never, right?:confused3 LOL!!:lmao:

We have to get the boys to bed....but I will do my best for a picture update tomorrow. Thanks for doing the single digit dance with me and I have a lot to update....stay turned!!! Hope you're all well!!:hug:

The time on your countdown ROCKS!!!!!:cool1:That is crazy close. Before you know it you will be face to face with the mouse himself:cloud9:

:cloud9: I can't wait!! It's almost here Tracy!!!!!

WOO HOO! Thats soo soon and even though it probably seems like it will never get here- time usually picks up and so does the stress.. hehe You are soo lucky- I went in the end of May and already have withdraws.. Can't wait o to here you're update.
Stay tuned Jen, hope to update tomorrow, thanks for being patient with me!!:cutie:

Hi Kristen!! I'm catching up and can't believe you'll be leaving VERY soon!! How exciting!! And I love your 1st day of school pics!! Your boys are just precious!!
Hi Becky! It's almost time!!!:yay: I can't believe it!!!! Aww and thank for you for your very sweet comment on my boys!!!:cutie:

Oh my goodness! One week from tomorrow??...the time really has flown by. How stinkin' excited are u????!!!!:banana:

One more week, one more week, one more week!!!:yay:
The pictures from the kids and of the kids are wonderful. I know you don't want to hear it but Ethan does look like he can handle the world!
They are all adorable!

1 week + 1 day for you!!!!!!!

I still have 2 weeks + and I'm starting to bug out a bit.

Awww, thank you!!:hug: Ethan was doing great earlier in the week last week, Friday he all of a sudden decided that he didn't want to go to school anymore, he started crying when the bus was coming up my street and said he didn't want to go to school that it was boring, etal. When he got on the bus he was still crying and when it pulled away I was crying as he looked at my out the window. It was SO hard for me. He came home that afternoon and the bus driver told me he cried all the way to school and when she asked what was wrong he told her that he missed his Mommy!!!:guilty: My Ethan is such a tough kid, not very emotional at all, tough to get a hug/kiss out of, and all boy, for me to see him cry and hear that, I lost it. :sad1: He was pretty upset again tonight when we said tomorrow was another school day, started getting all upset again with things. It's killing me. I decided today to buy him something to remind him of me that he could bring to school with him, my DH and I decided on a Cross necklace. Kohl's had sterling ones on sale this week for $15 and it's very small and he's been wanting one. We sat down tonight and told him that we were proud of him and that we had something for him. And then I told him that when he was sad at school that he would have this to remind him how much we love him and know that even though Mommy isn't there watching over him that God would be. He seemed very relieved when I told him that. I'm hoping that this will keep him strong and remind him how much we love him. It's so hard to watch him struggling with this but I have to remind myself too that he is only 6 and he's never really left me before and this is a LONG day for a little guy. These growing pains are SOOO hard!!! Thansk for letting me vent!!!:hug:

So, are you ready for your trip?!!

I survived 1st grade too. DD6 started on Wed and it is so quiet with her gone all day now. :sad1:(She had 1/2 day Kindergarten)

And DS4 will be going to preschool starting next week 2 days a week for a couple of hours.

So it will be me and DS20mths at home. :sad2:

Don't you feel they are growing up too fast.:scared1:

I still can't believe your trip is coming up. Wow the summer flew by too fast. Too bad all the nice weather is now that they are back in school. Where was all this sunshine before?:mad:

:hug: for surviving last week, too!!:hug: Lucas starts preschool again on Friday, as well and Cole will be the only one home with me mornings M/W/F. I can't believe it!! I totally feel like they are growing up WAY too fast!!!!:guilty:

Summer did fly by....we got off to a late start with June's weather not being the best and there it went.......hope you got out there this weekend, it was a beauty here!!!

Your trip is right around the corner!! I'm so excited for you! I just wish we were overlapping. Oh well, another time. And in the meantime maybe we can plan a New England meet!

Have fun with all the last minute planning details!! :goodvibes

I know!! Can you believe it?!! It's almost time!! I wish our trips were overlapping, too!! A New England meet would be SO GREAT!!! Let's plan one when you get home from your trip!!!!!!!:yay:

Hurrah for single digit dancing!! :yay: Your weekend sounds glorious. What fun! And how cool would that be if you could do another Disney trip with your friends!!??

Sorry to hear Ethan is having a tough time being away all day at school. :hug: I hope the cross necklace is helping!

Awww, thank you!!:hug: Ethan was doing great earlier in the week last week, Friday he all of a sudden decided that he didn't want to go to school anymore, he started crying

I feel the same way. I start crying when I think of going to school, and I'm the teacher!!! :laughing:

Poor guy. It is a long day for little boys and girls, and with all of the testing and NCLB rules, they have managed to zap a lot of the fun out of school for both students and teachers. I hope he finds his comfort zone soon and begins to enjoy it a little more. I hope his little treasure helps him get through each minute he is away from you, and I hope that he will ever keep that comforting thought in mind - that God is always with him, every second of every day, when things are good and when things are bad.

You've got a great looking bunch of boys there, as you know. You are a very blessed girl! :)

Have fun this week getting ready for the trip! :banana:

:cool1::dance3::cool1: Whoo hoo for single digits!!! :cool1::dance3::cool1:
:cool1: Thanks for dancing with me Becky!!:cool1:

Hurrah for single digit dancing!! :yay: Your weekend sounds glorious. What fun! And how cool would that be if you could do another Disney trip with your friends!!??

Sorry to hear Ethan is having a tough time being away all day at school. :hug: I hope the cross necklace is helping!

Ya, it would be nice to do it again, but I really dont' think it will happen. We'll see..never say never!! :cutie:

Thanks C, me too, today was worse for us. I can't wait for him to get home!!

I feel the same way. I start crying when I think of going to school, and I'm the teacher!!! :laughing:

Poor guy. It is a long day for little boys and girls, and with all of the testing and NCLB rules, they have managed to zap a lot of the fun out of school for both students and teachers. I hope he finds his comfort zone soon and begins to enjoy it a little more. I hope his little treasure helps him get through each minute he is away from you, and I hope that he will ever keep that comforting thought in mind - that God is always with him, every second of every day, when things are good and when things are bad.

You've got a great looking bunch of boys there, as you know. You are a very blessed girl! :)

Have fun this week getting ready for the trip! :banana:

Thanks MeMom, your words mean a lot to me. We had a worse morning today, I've been crying today now, too. I know I'm doing the right thing by sending him but it doesn't make it any easier. I had to physically put him on the bus this a.m...my 50 lb son, he was really upset. I told him that I loved him and that he needed to do this and we'd be here when he got home. I also wrote a note to his teacher and she called 1st thing, about 1/2 hour after he got there, to tell me he was doing just fine. Phew!:guilty: If I know he's okay there, I can get through this but wow, this is the most difficult thing to deal with and I'm feeling like a bad Mom. And to be honest, the thoughts of getting him all adjusted this week and then leaving him all next week upsets me all over again......:sad2:

Thanks for your nice comments on my boys.....they are pretty cute, aren't they? :cutie: LOL!! I'm a bit biased and I know, I am very blessed. I am so lucky to be their Mommy!!!:lovestruc

In 4 Days I will be in the air on my wayto DISNEY!!!!!!!!
:banana:Woohoo!:banana:
Congrats for the single digit dance!!! :banana::banana:

Thanks for dancin' with me!!!:dance3:

I love those pictures the kids drew!!!!! So, so sweet!

The crowds right now at WDW are AWESOME. We walked onto so many rides, we hardly needed FPs! It was wonderful! I hope the same for you!!

Keep us posted on that week between Christmas and New Years! ::yes:: Airfare is outrageous though, we still haven't bought ours....ick. :sick:

One week to go for ya!!!:banana::banana: :banana: :banana:

And you can't go back in December!

Why? - cuz we're not going!! :lmao: (unless I become a "Disney Mom" that is ... in which case you'll have to go in early-December so we can't meet up in WDW yet again ...:rotfl2:)

Don't worry too much about da kid ... Now that the novelty of the first few days of school has worn off, he probably realizes school = "work" ... so he just does the same thing I do every morning before dragging my butt to the car ... :rotfl:

Our daughter had a "fit" yesterday after school because 2 of her friends came over to play (they only had half days) - but Danielle and her Mom had to do homework first, so the DW sent them away ... :confused3 She calmed down after being "grounded" for a bit, did her homework, and was back to her usual princess: self ...

They just need to get used to the new routine ...

I love those pictures the kids drew!!!!! So, so sweet!

The crowds right now at WDW are AWESOME. We walked onto so many rides, we hardly needed FPs! It was wonderful! I hope the same for you!!

Keep us posted on that week between Christmas and New Years! ::yes:: Airfare is outrageous though, we still haven't bought ours....ick. :sick:

Hi Brook!
Thanks, aren't those pics too cute?!! :cutie: They worked really hard on them!!

Oh, so glad to hear the crowds were low! Was it free dining while you were there? I'm a bit worried it will be nutty because of that when we're there!!:eek:

Will do,I think we're just dreaming about Christmastime, but never say never, right?!! I didn't think in my wildest dreams I'd be going again and here I am....5 more days!!!:cloud9:

One week to go for ya!!!:banana::banana: :banana: :banana:

And you can't go back in December!

Why? - cuz we're not going!! :lmao: (unless I become a "Disney Mom" that is ... in which case you'll have to go in early-December so we can't meet up in WDW yet again ...:rotfl2:)

Don't worry too much about da kid ... Now that the novelty of the first few days of school has worn off, he probably realizes school = "work" ... so he just does the same thing I do every morning before dragging my butt to the car ... :rotfl:

Our daughter had a "fit" yesterday after school because 2 of her friends came over to play (they only had half days) - but Danielle and her Mom had to do homework first, so the DW sent them away ... :confused3 She calmed down after being "grounded" for a bit, did her homework, and was back to her usual princess: self ...

They just need to get used to the new routine ...

SOOO true! That would be pretty rude of me to go again without you and not see you again!!:rotfl:

Thanks for your thoughts on Ethan, ohhh, the last two days have been SO rough one him (and me!!!), he's really having a difficult time with things. And of course, I'm having TREMENDOUS Mommy guilt going to Disney World on Monday and leaving him during this adjustment period. It's so hard!!!:guilty: But you're so right, they just need to get into the groove of things and get into a routine....hope DD is doing well!!!:goodvibes

I'm so sorry that I haven't update lately, I'm feeling VERY overwhelmed, I can't believe my trip is in 5 more days, I haven't packed, I feel like things here are nutty and my Mommy guilt is in FULL force. :guilty:

Ethan has been having a REALLY hard time with school since Friday, the last three days I've been sending him to school hysterically crying upset and begging me to keep him home. Although I know he's fine once he's there, it's killing me to send him, but I know I'm doing the right thing. It is just painful to send my heart on that bus with him every morning. This is just so unlike him. SO that leads to my serious Mommy guilt, no sooner am I getting him into the groove of things, I'm leaving for Disney World in 5 days!!!:sad2: I feel like the worst Mother on the planet!!:sad1:

I haven't packed a thing, well, that's not entirely true, there is our tshirts I bought for everyone in there, some Crystal light and my VB bag, but that's it! Every afternoon when Cole goes down for his nap, I say I'm going to pack but never do! What's wrong with me!!?:confused3 I should be SO excited!!

Sorry to be such a downer....

Onto some better news...I'm getting lots and lots of emails from Disney reminding me of my trip. Today's was on online check in. Any thoughts on this of those who have done it? I did request 50's buidling, 1st floor, should I just check in when I get there to be sure I get those? Or give it a whirl??

I bought (shh...) some more shoes! :lmao: Fit flops! Has anyone tried these? Supposively they give you a work out while wearing them but there is lots of support and I've been wearing them for a week straight now and just LOVE them!! They will be perfect for the parks!! Here is a pic, I got them in suede chocolate and black. Aren't they cute?!

fitflops.jpg

Mom and Jodi are doing well and getting ready. Mom is packed and now trying to weed out some of the outfits she packed, she packed too much she says. Jodi has picked up some water for the room, we'll ice it overnight and bring it to the parks with us. She is also picking up some peanut butter, bagels and oatmeal for breakfast in the room.

Todd & the boys will have a FULL schedule next week and it should keep them out of trouble. I laugh because Todd keeps telling me about all the projects he plans on getting done while I'm gone,I keep reminding him that he will have all the boys with him and good luck! It will be interesting to get his input on how that went when I get back!!! LOL!!:lmao:

Other than that, I have exciting news for you, I signed up with my friend, Leighan from DIS, to run my 2nd 5K! We're running together in Boston on 11/8! I can't wait and we've both started training. I may have go and get fitted for new sneaks when I get home, in hopes to avoid any more shin splints but have been running the last couple of weeks and doing pretty well. THere is a store nearby that will watch you run and fit you and since I really want to get into this, it may be the way to go.

I guess that's all for now. I'll do my best to update these next few days...I can't believe this is THE week!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:cheer2:

Hope you're all well!!!:flower3:

I'm sorry you are experiencing Mommy Guilt. :hug: :grouphug: :hug:

Everything will be just fine while you are gone, I promise!

I really want to try the fit flops, I've heard nothing but good things about them. :thumbsup2

I'm so sorry that Ethan is having such a hard time adjusting to all day school. Have you spoken to his teacher to see if he's okay once he gets there?

Hey Kristen,

So sorry to hear of your mommy guilt. I know how hard that is to deal with. It just means that you are a great mommy though. I know and I'm sure you do too, that they will be just fine while you are gone. Just look forward to those wonderful smiles and hugs from them when you return. The fit flops look really cute. Are they pretty comfy? I still need to find some comfy flip flops to wear all day walking while at the parks. I can't believe you leave on Monday:banana:That is so exciting. Once you get on the road the excitement will really hit you. I hope it all goes great for you with the last minute touches. Can't wait to hear more.

Oh, and CONGRATS on signing up for another 5k. You go girl:cheer2: You are my inspiration.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter