Recreating Memories- Surprise Mother & daughter trip

Woo Hoo, Kristen!!!

It does get crazier as you get closer. Did I read that you weren't packed yet?

LaLaLa.gif

I am very ready. Thanks for asking. I have packed and repacked. :rotfl:

Be careful with the fit flops if you haven't worn them before. A friend bought some of them and was told to only wear them for a certain number of hours until she got used to them. They must work very well.

I am so sorry about poor Ethan. That would be heartbreaking. I hope he does OK while you are gone.

My anniversary is Saturday and I have a lot going on. Just in case I don't make it back before you leave...

mickeyhavefun.gif

O.M.G! 4 more days!:yay::yay::yay::yay:

Wow!! How did this happen? It's almost time!!! You'll be happy to know that I've officially started packing today!:thumbsup2 I have some laundry to do, but in pretty good shape,I think, I hope!! And it's crazy, I'm bringing a full size suitcase just for me, but with all the shoes, two outfits a day and misc. "stuff" that I'm bringing, I need it. Plus, that will leave a bit of room for things I may want to bring home.;) Cause you know, I will want to bring *something* back for everyone...I have the boys sweatshirts I ordered beforehand and will be here waiting for them,but I will want to get them something small just because. And Todd, he's not a Mickey wearing kinda guy, but will bring him something...not sure what, but something small for letting me go and doing this for me.:lovestruc

The next few days are going to be a blur here....tonight is Ethan's open house for school, I'm really hoping that his teacher tells me he is just fine all day long to put my mind at ease with things. Today he walked across the street onto the bus himself, that was huge, he was still REALLY upset and crying, but he did it himself, so that's big to me. :hug: Little steps, right? I just pray he'll be fine next week with DH and it won't upset him more.....

Tomorrow Lucas starts preschool again!!:banana: He's looking forward to it, it's just orientation day, so we'll go together while Todd stays home with Cole and visit for an hour. He officially starts Monday.

Saturday is full of eye brow waxes, birthday parties, soccer practice, and hopefully a pedicure for me!!!:rolleyes: Sunday Mom will come up late morning, we'll have lunch as a family and head to Boston mid afternoon sometime to get an early dinner and go to bed early! We have a 7 a.m flight out of Logan to catch Monday morning!!!:woohoo: I really can't beleive it's almost time!!!!!!!!!!!!

Heard some news about bounceback...anyone done this before? Any idea one what it entails?!! Inquiring minds want to know......:rotfl:

Also, what is everyones thoughts about this online check in??!

Hope you're all well!!!! Will write again soon!!! 4 more days, 4 more days, 4 more days!!!!!!:yay::yay::yay::yay:

I'm sorry you are experiencing Mommy Guilt. :hug: :grouphug: :hug:

Everything will be just fine while you are gone, I promise!

I really want to try the fit flops, I've heard nothing but good things about them. :thumbsup2

Thanks LL, I hope you're right!!!:sad1:

LOVE my fit flops, they are the best!! No breaking in required here, they are heavenly and what the heck, if they work me out while walking,I'm all for it!!:thumbsup2

I'm so sorry that Ethan is having such a hard time adjusting to all day school. Have you spoken to his teacher to see if he's okay once he gets there?

Thanks!!:hug: We have his open house tonight, so hoping to get some more info there. I did talk to her the other morning, she said he was upset when he gets there but she talks to him and then he is fine. The 1st few days though he wasn't eating lunch, it's just not like him.....:guilty:

Hey Kristen,

So sorry to hear of your mommy guilt. I know how hard that is to deal with. It just means that you are a great mommy though. I know and I'm sure you do too, that they will be just fine while you are gone. Just look forward to those wonderful smiles and hugs from them when you return. The fit flops look really cute. Are they pretty comfy? I still need to find some comfy flip flops to wear all day walking while at the parks. I can't believe you leave on Monday:banana:That is so exciting. Once you get on the road the excitement will really hit you. I hope it all goes great for you with the last minute touches. Can't wait to hear more.

Oh, and CONGRATS on signing up for another 5k. You go girl:cheer2: You are my inspiration.

Thanks Tracy! I so hope you're right!! That Mommy guilt is the WORST!!:headache: Thanks for understanding though. And you're right, we're goingto have a GREAT trip, have some nice downtime and I'm sure I will be SO ready for those baby boy hugs and kisses waiting for me when I get home!!!! :hug:

Woo Hoo, Kristen!!!

It does get crazier as you get closer. Did I read that you weren't packed yet?

LaLaLa.gif

I am very ready. Thanks for asking. I have packed and repacked. :rotfl:

Be careful with the fit flops if you haven't worn them before. A friend bought some of them and was told to only wear them for a certain number of hours until she got used to them. They must work very well.

I am so sorry about poor Ethan. That would be heartbreaking. I hope he does OK while you are gone.

My anniversary is Saturday and I have a lot going on. Just in case I don't make it back before you leave...

mickeyhavefun.gif

You'll be happy to know that I started packing today!!:rotfl:I guess since it's just me that I'm packing for, I didn't feel the need to start too early but it's time now!! LOL!!:lmao:

Happy Anniversary!!!! And thanks for wishing me a great trip....I hope it is!!!:thumbsup2 You too if I dont talk to you before you go!!!:goodvibes

So, I thought I would list my top 10 things I"m looking forward to most this trip:

1) spending uninterupted time with Mom & Jodi for the 1st time in about 10 years and being able to finish a conversation with them!:lmao:

2) the look on Mom and Jodi's faces when they ride Soarin' for the 1st time!:cloud9:

3) Eating at new places but especially O'hana's!popcorn::

4) not sharing a meal with anyone.....lol!!:lmao:

5) drinks around the world!

6) fireworks on the beach at Poly

7) recreating memories with my Mom and being a kid again with my sister

8) our photoshoot at GF

9) seeing the castle for the 1st time on this trip...although I'm sure I will tear up realizing I"m there without my family!:guilty:

10) coming home a new refreshed Mommy!! and the kisses and hugs that will be waiting for me when I get home!!:cloud9:

So sorry about the mommy guilt. I'm sure everything is going to be fine while your away. It's good to hear your going to have a little pampering before your trip!

So, I thought I would list my top 10 things I"m looking forward to most this trip:

1) spending uninterupted time with Mom & Jodi for the 1st time in about 10 years and being able to finish a conversation with them!:lmao:

2) the look on Mom and Jodi's faces when they ride Soarin' for the 1st time!:cloud9:MY FAVORITE RIDE

3) Eating at new places but especially O'hana's!popcorn::SO MUCH FOOD but so goooooood!

4) not sharing a meal with anyone.....lol!!:lmao:

5) drinks around the world!Wish I could join you!

6) fireworks on the beach at Poly

8) our photoshoot at GF

9) seeing the castle for the 1st time on this trip...although I'm sure I will tear up realizing I"m there without my family!:guilty:

10) coming home a new refreshed Mommy!! and the kisses and hugs that will be waiting for me when I get home!!:cloud9:

So, I am back and should be working but I'm still running on Pixie Time I guess :)

I am so sorry to hear Ethan is having a tough time. That is the worst feeling in the world to send your child away upset.:guilty: I hope he snaps out of it....don't they usually:hug:

I noticed you asked about Bounce Back. They had it in the rooms for Value and Moderate. It was something like $60 per person per day for value and $75 per person per day for moderate and it included free dining. It seemed like a great deal but I think I will push for WL fall/winter visit for the next trip. I will explain all about it in my upcoming TR but POP was not the resort for us. I am not sure if it was just our room location or what but the flushing of the toilets kept us up at night. Needless to say, we weren't very well rested for our adventures each day.:rolleyes: Peter was not a happy camper:upsidedow

Crowds were very manageable and while waiting to be seated at Le Cellier (our first time and it was AWESOME) someone came out and said they were seated after a 15 min wait with no ADR!

Well, back to work and hopefully I will be able to start a TR this weekend:woohoo:

Three days to go for ya!! :woohoo:

Our DD's fine going to school in the morning - it's getting to do her homework that's the problem with us!! :headache:

She supposedly "forgot" to bring her homework (and her lunch bag) home with her last night ... :rolleyes1 (smart kid? ... :laughing: ... so my DW tried to have her work on writing some letters last night anyway ... pirate: )

It's driving my DW crazy!!

Next up: bribery (since the threat of punishment didn't work!!)

Nice Top 10 list ... will #5 degenerate to "stumble around the world"?? :rotfl2:

and #10 - "refreshed" after a trip to WDW? We'll see ...

Have a great weekend (and don't forget to pack!!)

2) the look on Mom and Jodi's faces when they ride Soarin' for the 1st time!:cloud9:

All of them sound wonderful, but these sound especially cool to me.

Have a rockin' awesome incredible time! :cool1:

I'm on the way out the door this a.m for Lucas' 1st day of preschool, I will update later....for now I just wanted to say I am remembering the people that we lost on this day 8 years ago today and my thoughts and prayers are going out to their families. May God Bless America Always!!:goodvibes

3 MORE DAYS!!!!!!!!:dance3: Holy cow!!

I have SO much to do, doing laundry as we speak to get the last minute outfits figured out. I haven't even checked the weather but I'm packing for Summer, assuming it's still hot there? Beleive it or not, it's been low 60's here this week! I've been freezing at night..it's like now that school has started Fall has officially started too, in New England, anyways!!

I have to look into directions to the hotel in Boston today, figure out online check in (or maybe not...maybe I"ll just do it like I normally do at this point), figure out if I have to pay for my luggage to be carried on the plane or not (Delta anyone?), check in for the flight....and make sure everyone and everything is okay here before I go!!:sad1:

We had Ethan's open house last night and met his teacher, she was very nice and assured me that he was fine after a bit at school. I guess it's just the transition of never really being gone all day. Poor little thing....I can only hope things go well next week for Todd and him.

Today was Lucas' 1st day of preschool so I thought I'd share just a few pics.....enjoy!!

He was VERY excited and did great!!
Lucas1stdayofschool2009001.jpg

Cole and Lucas
Lucas1stdayofschool2009002.jpg

All of the boys
Lucas1stdayofschool2009014.jpg

and last but not least, me and my boys:lovestruc
Lucas1stdayofschool2009021.jpg

The school year is officially underway here!!

Well, I hope eveyrone is having a great day today! I will check in one last time tomorrow (in between the million things we have going on here) before leaving on Sunday to Boston! WOW.....I'm really going to Disney World in just 3 days!!!!!!!!!!!!!:cloud9:

SO exciting!!! :dance3:

Weather looks really good, by the way. Still kind of typical summer weather- high 80's and 90's with chance of showers in the afternoon. :thumbsup2 Can you believe how cold it's been in New England. I wanted to put my heat on this morning!!

Delta- you get your one carry on and personal item for "free." Then I think it is $5 for a checked bag.

Effective for tickets purchased on or after July 16, 2009 for travel on or after August 4, 2009 there will be a $5 surcharge for each of the first two checked bags unless prepaid during online check-in at delta.com.

Bounceback - the trip I am about to go on was booked as bounceback last December. If you don't see an offer in your room, ask at the front desk b/c sometimes the flyers disappear. I say if you're thinking about it and have an idea of dates to go ahead and book it. You can always cancel without penalty but you can't get the discount again. Similarly book the max # of days you'd stay - you can always delete but tough to add on.

Love your top 10 list. You're going to have such a great time!! :goodvibes

Just in case I don't "see" you before Sunday afternoon - have a GREAT time!!!!! :goodvibes:goodvibes:goodvibes

Awe...I hope Ethan gets better. I know how you feel DD cried every day she had preschool, so I was quite worried when she started Kindergarten last year and she was fine. And now that she is in first grade she loves it. Hang in there, hopefully he will get better.:hug:

As for online check in for your room, I don't think it hurts if you use it. They may even have your room ready when you arrive. We used it for our trip in April but we arrived at 9pm so I am not sure if it made any difference as our room was ready and there were no other people checking in at the time.

Good luck and have tons of fun!!

Can't wait to hear all your stories.:cool1:

I know you will have a fabulous trip and can't wait to hear all about it. Boy you all start school late over there. We've been in full swing for a month now. I too have been suffering from mommy guilt with Faith. She picks the strangest times to start crying and makes me feel guilty. She cries over and over, "I want you, I want you". :sad1: I ended up having to carry her into a staff meeting last week because she would not stop crying or leave my side. Luckily she loves school. It is the other curricular activities we're having trouble with.

Have a fabulous time, take lots of pictures.:goodvibes

I can't believe this is it, my last post before I go!!! WOW...2 more days!! I will be in Disney World!!!:yay: I'm coming to terms with it, leaving the family and all, I will be sure to be a basketcase when I say goodbye tomorrow but I'm determined to make this the best all girl trip and enjoy this once in a lifetime trip with my Mom and sister!!:cloud9:

I have packed, I still need to throw in my shoes and last minute things. I have a full size suitcase ready to go for just me! :laughing: But there is a lot I'm bringing that we all need, so I'm justifying it that way. The grocery shopping is done, the menu is planned for Todd and the boys for the week, the laundry is done (today!), the bills are paid and the schedule is posted for the week. I'm as ready as I'm going to be, at this point.

This a.m I went out for an eye brow wax, pedi and mani so I'm in good shape there. This afternoon we had a 5 year old birthday party to attend and then tonight we should have had an 80's party but (thankfully!) it was cancelled due to the weather here, it's cold and rainy and they were cooking out. Ethan's 1st soccer practice/game was cancelled today too, it kind of worked out better so we had some more time to have together. Tonight we're planning on watching a Disney movie as a family while we have a picnic dinner and before calling it a day.

Mom will be driving up to me tomorrow and we plan to leave here about 1 p.m. to Boston to have an early dinner and get some rest at the Marriott park and shuttle to Logan. Our flight is 7 a.m out of Boston with an expected arrival at MCO about 10:15 a.m, so think of us when you're going for your 2nd cup of coffee Monday morning.:wizard: I will finally be in Disney!!! Jodi can't pick the car up from the car rental place until 8 a.m in Hilton Head before coming to us, so she won't get to us until at least 1 or so, we'll plan to have lunch at "Everything Pop" while waiting for her and heading to MK!!:cloud9:

I want to thank you all for reading, encouraging me to write a PTR (can you believe I started this in March?!!!), all of your great suggestions and support through difficult times, it means a lot to me and most importantly, thanks for counting down with me and making time to even quicker for me!:cheer2:

I hope you will all stayed tune for my TR when I get home, I hope for lots of pics, so keep an eye out for it!

For those of you going to Disney while I'm away or right when I get home, if I don't talk to you beforehand, have a wonderful time and I look forward to reading about all of your trips, too!!

Take care!!
Kristen:flower3:

You are ready to go! Good for you! You sound organized! :worship:

Hope you, your mom and your sister have a super duper magical trip! I know you will! Can't wait to hear all about it!

Have some champagne for me in France... and tell those waiters to get ready. I'll be there in 12 days!! ;)

HAVE FUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kristen,

I LOVE the new pics...soo cute. The one of you and all 3 boys is FABULOUS! Can't believe you are starting your journey tomorrow. Be safe and have a fantastic girls trip. I can't wait to hear how it went and see the pictures.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter