Refillable Popcorn Buckets

You can get a carabiner clip at many stores, especially sporting good stores. Target, Walmart, Dicks Sporting Goods, Lowe's, etc

I think I paid something like $2.99 for a pack of two at Walmart. They're cheapos, but they do the job!

I am on the dining plan, but would like to pay cash for refills....is is possible via your magic band?

We just got back from a 12 day trip and bought the bucket on day #1. We are a family of 4 and my 2 kids love popcorn. We got popcorn on most of the days and here are some of my/our observations:
When we were there we just unhooked the handle of the bucket, stuck it through the strap of the backpack and re-hooked it to the bucket.
Except for the maple, the three other available flavors were just okay; tasted like something you buy in the bag at the grocery store (I'm guessing is that Disney gets these pre-made as well or pre-makes them). The buffalo blue cheese smells horrible! The flavoring for all the flavored popcorn is like the stuff on cheetos and "stains" your fingers. Although probably doesn't make a difference, just to see my kids licking their fingers after eating this stuff made me shake (even though we have them clean their hands with wipes before eating the popcorn)!

The regular popcorn and maple are good, but when you get them fresh and hot out of the popper, they're really good. We could eat that stuff 24/7!

We would normally get one refill during the day, and on a few of the days, one as we were leaving the parks to take back to the room for later. Maybe it was because of the humidity, but the saved popcorn was never any good; after a few bites we would always dump it.

We tried to use the bucket in HS at Fantasmic and they don't refill your bucket, but instead, give you a box of popcorn just like what you would regularly buy. It wasn't good and I thought I was eating a box full of those packaging "peanuts."

Also, for some reason (and I could be making this up!) it seemed like Disney popcorn gets "stuck" in my teeth more than movie or made-at-home popcorn.

If you are on any of the dining plans, you can use one of your snack credits to cover the refill, but obviously not a good value (also make sure that you tell the CM you want to pay for it, or you'll most likely get charged a snack credit).

As for carrying the bucket, I had brought with us a carabiner clip that I either attached to our backpack or just to one of my short-belt loops on the days we went backpack-less. I didn't find it to be a problem either way; it's not heavy and on the smaller side to carry. After a few days, my family started making fun me because I was carrying the thing like it was my baby!

Although many of the above comments seem negative, overall, I think the refillable bucket is a great deal, wether you like the flavored or regular popcorn.

When we were there I just unhooked the handle of the bucket and put it through the strap of the backpack and re-hooked the handle to the bucket eliminating having to purchase a separate clip.

I am on the dining plan, but would like to pay cash for refills....is is possible via your magic band?
Yes, but just make sure you tell the CM to charge it to your room/band. If not, they might just automatically charge you a snack credit.

Are there any popcorn carts at Disney Springs? Do they refill popcorn buckets there?

So, I don't think we are going to be bringing bags into the parks and I'm a little unsure how carrying a popcorn bucket around is going to work. It sounds like they are smaller than I thought which, ironically, is a point in their favor. But what do you do with the bucket like on rides. Pardon my ignorance but this is my first trip. Do you just hold it? If I clipped it to a belt loop would I have to unclip it to do rides? Could I just put it down by my feet?

I think it sounds fun, but dh is like "really, we're going to carry a big bucket around all week?" So anyone have any guidance on how this would all work without bags?

SO....to clarify...I buy a bucket in MK,I can use it anywhere to refill,even Dis Springs for 1.50?

When we were there I just unhooked the handle of the bucket and put it through the strap of the backpack and re-hooked the handle to the bucket eliminating having to purchase a separate clip.
That's what we did too. Worked perfectly.

Just as an FYI, there were some places where you get a box of popcorn for $1.50 instead of an actual refill. It happens at stands where they don't actually pop it right there.

We got it this way in the Fantasmic stadium and it was helpful for sharing. Poured some in the bucket and one kid ate from that while another ate out of the box.

Just as an FYI, there were some places where you get a box of popcorn for $1.50 instead of an actual refill. It happens at stands where they don't actually pop it right there.

We got it this way in the Fantasmic stadium and it was helpful for sharing. Poured some in the bucket and one kid ate from that while another ate out of the box.

I think the Fantasmic popcorn is yucky. It didn't taste like the rest of the park. Maybe because it had been packaged.

can I buy the bucket at DS and then refill at the parks also? (backwards from my last question:rotfl2:

on allears it lists the marketplace at DS as a place to buy a refillable bucket, but then lists same day refills there at 1.39...has this changed? It must be different if you're saying I can get it once there and reuse in the parks. Question...is this for length of stay, or is it reusable on more than one trip?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter