Refillable Popcorn Buckets

What about ak and ds

What is the question?

You asked if the stands that sell flavored popcorn also sell traditional and I answered, - the two stands that I know of that sell flavored also sell traditional popcorn. There are several more stands in all the parks and at least one in DS that sell traditional popcorn.

Can you rephrase the question regarding AK and DS?

Here are magic kingdom and Hollywood studios. But word is unless you're going soon, these buckets will be gone..

View attachment 260415
View attachment 260416

..Word is that once Disney runs out of these park individual buckets that they'll just have one popcorn bucket that incorporates every park in one.

This bucket featuring the 4 park icons

View attachment 260417
View attachment 260418

I like this one. Very nice. Planning on looking for a new bucket in Dec and doing the refils.

Call me crazy - but, we have favorite spots for the refills - some of the popcorn we had was dreadful, while others were great. The absolute best IMHO can be found at the popcorn cart on main street right before you exit the park and the Canada stand in Canada. I think because these 2 stands have such high turnover that the popcorn is always fresh and warm. The absolute worst refill was the snack stand smack in the middle of Future world in Epcot - yuck, it was like styrofoam :sick:

This is so true!!! I dumped out the stuff I got in Future World, it was so bad. My favorite spot to fill up is next to Dumbo!

Call me crazy - but, we have favorite spots for the refills - some of the popcorn we had was dreadful, while others were great. The absolute best IMHO can be found at the popcorn cart on main street right before you exit the park and the Canada stand in Canada. I think because these 2 stands have such high turnover that the popcorn is always fresh and warm. The absolute worst refill was the snack stand smack in the middle of Future world in Epcot - yuck, it was like styrofoam :sick:
Unfortunately the main street one was where we got the refill, the popcorn was fresh but it was not the same flavor as before. Before they changed over, it rarely mattered where we stopped, the popcorn was very good.

The pop secret popcorn they have is delicious.

But like previous poster pointed out, getting a fresh batch is key
I am glad you like it, but compared to the older Orville popcorn our whole family did not. During an 8 day vacation we normally have at least 1-2 buckets every park day, that was how much we liked it. Our last trip, after trying it for the first 2 days, we did not get anymore.

We loved WDW popcorn, so when we went in March we were very excited to buy the refillable bucket until we tasted the popcorn:( Our whole family said that it did not taste as good. I figured it was a bad batch, so later we refilled it and it tasted the same. So I decided to ask and found out that they changed popcorn companies last year. We will give it another shot in November when we go back, because it has been my favorite snack for over 30 trips.
They changed to pop secret brand popcorn and it now includes the artificial preservative TBHQ. It was so disappointing for us because now our daughter can't have it. Grrrr.

The stand in Epcot with the three flavors also sells traditional popcorn and the stand in Canada has both maple and traditional. I haven't been to the one in adventure land that sells the maple, not sure if they sell both.
I do not remember seeing a flavored stand in Adventureland, but the Maple one in Frontierland did not have plain/buttered popcorn this week, only maple.

I totally do this at the movies - 1 large popcorn and then i ask for small paper bags (they usually give us small brown paper sandwich bags) and dish out three full bags to the kids and DH and I share the rest. Sounds like a plan! Thanks for the input.
I go to the dollar store and buy small brown paper bags and do the same thing at the movies. Also, we get flavour packets to add on top but of course the kids don't like the same flavour.

When we were there in July, we used our popcorn bucket from April. One CM at a cart said he would refill it, but this was the last time because the popcorn buckets had been updated. I was still seeing people use that bucket everywhere, along with others with different designs. He's the only one to ever comment. He stated that soon Disney would be coming out with a universal bucket for all the parks so there wouldn't be any more confusion. Then, he gave us a free Coke for not yelling at him about it.

We just got back from a 12 day trip and bought the bucket on day #1. We are a family of 4 and my 2 kids love popcorn. We got popcorn on most of the days and here are some of my/our observations:

Except for the maple, the three other available flavors were just okay; tasted like something you buy in the bag at the grocery store (I'm guessing is that Disney gets these pre-made as well or pre-makes them). The buffalo blue cheese smells horrible! The flavoring for all the flavored popcorn is like the stuff on cheetos and "stains" your fingers. Although probably doesn't make a difference, just to see my kids licking their fingers after eating this stuff made me shake (even though we have them clean their hands with wipes before eating the popcorn)!

The regular popcorn and maple are good, but when you get them fresh and hot out of the popper, they're really good. We could eat that stuff 24/7!

We would normally get one refill during the day, and on a few of the days, one as we were leaving the parks to take back to the room for later. Maybe it was because of the humidity, but the saved popcorn was never any good; after a few bites we would always dump it.

We tried to use the bucket in HS at Fantasmic and they don't refill your bucket, but instead, give you a box of popcorn just like what you would regularly buy. It wasn't good and I thought I was eating a box full of those packaging "peanuts."

Also, for some reason (and I could be making this up!) it seemed like Disney popcorn gets "stuck" in my teeth more than movie or made-at-home popcorn.

If you are on any of the dining plans, you can use one of your snack credits to cover the refill, but obviously not a good value (also make sure that you tell the CM you want to pay for it, or you'll most likely get charged a snack credit).

As for carrying the bucket, I had brought with us a carabiner clip that I either attached to our backpack or just to one of my short-belt loops on the days we went backpack-less. I didn't find it to be a problem either way; it's not heavy and on the smaller side to carry. After a few days, my family started making fun me because I was carrying the thing like it was my baby!

Although many of the above comments seem negative, overall, I think the refillable bucket is a great deal, wether you like the flavored or regular popcorn.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter