Resale Resorts Riv eligibility

If the exchanges between RIV and the other 14/15 required a fee, would that have to have been included in the language of the waiver? I bet if there is a twist coming, it is an exchange fee.

No, I don’t think it would for RIV. The info about it in the RIV documents includes that as a possibility.

Now, the other resorts, I doubt they could as terms were different when they were added years ago to BVTC.

But RIV entered with these restrictions and so I think they have the leeway to add it.

Would DVC ever lift the restriction from purchasers of the original 14 DVC resorts so they could stay at RIV without lifting the restriction on resold RIV contracts? The change to waviers could be promising for O14 resale purchasers but I am concerned if they would still restrict RIV resale contracts. I am still within my withdrawal period for my direct RIV contract so trying to find out more info before that runs out!

The way that new waiver is worded it says purchasers of the 16 can trade to the 16.

So, if RIV is now one of those 16, then this change, if true, includes them having trading rights.

Hear me out! I think I cracked the code!

RIV has almost 7 million points, and has sold maybe 20%. DVC2 is not coming. Reflections is dead. Converting RIV to the O14/O15/O16 fixes the Covid point pool problem, not just for WDW, for Aulani, for VGC also. So, they solve the obvious, looming short term problem of WAY, WAY too many points floating around -- Just use the poor sales and huge amount of vacancy at RIV!

RIV has almost 7 million points, and has sold maybe 20%. DVC2 is not coming. Reflections is dead. Converting RIV to the O14/O15/O16 fixes the Covid point pool problem, not just for WDW, for Aulani, for VGC also. So, they solve the obvious, looming short term problem of WAY, WAY too many points floating around -- Just use the poor sales and huge amount of vacancy at RIV!
That sounds good to me. I was thinking that since reflections is dead, they just wanted to have DVC 2 start whenever they begin building again, and so added RIV to the original set. Thinking no future plans for DVC 2 at this point. Didn't read the whole thread so sorry if re hashing.

This seems like a really plausible explanation for why Disney would want to do this, but I'll be VERY interested to see if/when either a) there is an official announcement, or b) people who purchased re-sale after 1/2019 are able to book at Riviera.

But they can not use the 65% of RIV that is undeclared and not sold for points stays, It has to be declared into the membership to do that,.

Once it does, then DVD no longer can rent them for cash in the same way they can now, It would be subject to the 60 day breakage rule.

That Would make no sense from a financial standpoint as they are using RIV rooms to compensate for WDW hotels not open yet.

That sounds good to me. I was thinking that since reflections is dead, they just wanted to have DVC 2 start whenever they begin building again, and so added RIV to the original set. Thinking no future plans for DVC 2 at this point. Didn't read the whole thread so sorry if re hashing.

They definitely want to keep the wording in place for the new Disneyland DVC even if they back off of it for Riviera. I'm not sure Riviera is having the problem selling that everyone keeps saying, especially without another new property on the horizon, but maybe over the long term it's underperforming based on their expectations... or they just need cash coming in NOW as fast as possible.

This would be interesting. Following.

Can/would they convert rooms at RIV to DVC before selling the corresponding points?

The problem of an abundance of points is ultimately not theirs, and opening rooms up for those points hurts their bottom line.

I don’t think they can do this until they declare the points. Heck Aulani is only 50% sold, so there are millions of points there too.

That Would make no sense from a financial standpoint as they are using RIV rooms to compensate for WDW hotels not open yet.

Art of Animation is scheduled to reopen November, and it's an absolute beast in size.

I asked my DVC guide who clarified with management who have said there have not been any changes to the riviera resale restrictions at this time

I asked my DVC guide who clarified with management who have said there have not been any changes to the riviera resale restrictions at this time

I think we all agree that right now this is just a rumor until (and assuming they even do) Disney officially announces it. But the change in wording suggests that this is something they may be planning to do. Just as equally though it could be an error in the wording for ROFR.

I think it is interesting that 10/4/20 is the beginning of Disney's Fiscal year, and they could be holding the announcement until then... Who knows though - it is just fun to think about and see what happens (still just as feasible that nothing happens or gets announced).

The more something makes sense the less likely Disney will do it 😂

This would be interesting. Following.

Can/would they convert rooms at RIV to DVC before selling the corresponding points?

The problem of an abundance of points is ultimately not theirs, and opening rooms up for those points hurts their bottom line.

They can only offer rooms for point booking when they are declared into the membership.

DVD declares when sales warrant them to be. Until them, they are used as part of the WDW cash rooms.

Now, if this happens and it increases sales at RIV, more units will be declared and more rooms for points booking.

Bur, I’d be surprised to see time declare more of the resort than is needed for sales because it hurts them and not helps them.

Of course, this would not impact the change. They can do what it seems like might be happening without adding more rooms to RIV for booking.

What still boggles me is why was AKV split as it’s two different places and was never like that before.

Don’t we think that DVC extended expired Covid points by using RIV inventory? I’m assuming that was done with undeclared points?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter