Restaurant USA: What dishes/products would your State bring to the "table"

alysnwndrlnd

Mouseketeer
We had some great suggestions about products and food that Epcot's America could improve their restaurants/stores with...

What food/products would your State be proud to serve/offer??

For North Carolina, I would be run out of town on a rail if I did not suggest Carolina BBQ.. we have two varieties.. Eastern NC Style BBQ and Western NC Style BBQ. The first has a mustard based sauce and the latter has a tomato based sauce.

YUM.

According to the Orlando Sentinell, the "beer drinking brat eating cheeseheads" will think twice before voting for a candidate who can't pronounce Lambeau Field. Therefore, I declare it would have to be brats and cheescurds. I love FL to death, but it really sucks not being able to get cheesecurds.

Being from the Lowcountry of South Carolina I would have to add shrimp and grits and a lowcountry boil.

BTW, what exactly is a cheesecurd anyway? :confused3

If cheese curds are fried bits of cheese...you can get them at the A&W on Highway 192 just east of the intersection with SR 535.

They are delicious, especially for fast food.

From Indiana? I have no idea...corn maybe? :lmao: We have Weaver popcorn! :confused3

For products, you could put Vera Bradley stuff in the gift shop! The Vera Bradley plant is in Ft Wayne...but I don't really associate Vera Bradley with Indiana. So maybe scratch that one off of the list...lol

I'm a pitiful Hoosier...I don't even know what we are "known" for! Any other Hoosiers have any other ideas?

Lobstah and steamahs, Sam Adams beeah, baked beans (although I detest them), and decent pizza (pronounced "peetzer", y'know, like Dianer). I still hold to the notion that pizza is strictly an American food, NOT Italian.

Lobstah and steamahs, Sam Adams beeah, baked beans (although I detest them), and decent pizza (pronounced "peetzer", y'know, like Dianer). I still hold to the notion that pizza is strictly an American food, NOT Italian.
Not to mention the Clam Chowda!

If cheese curds are fried bits of cheese...you can get them at the A&W on Highway 192 just east of the intersection with SR 535.

They are delicious, especially for fast food.

Yummmmmmmm fried cheese, that is something I would probably like!! :bitelip:

I'm a Southern California native...I'd have to say fish tacos!:)

I used to love going to America in NYC when we lived there. It was a restaurant that featured food from all over the country. Anything from pb&j to grilled cheese. It was a great place to eat. The place is closed now, but I think the one in DC is still open.

This would be a fantastic idea for Disney to add to the America Pavillion...because I just run right by it. You give me a menu with memphis bbq, fish tacos, maryland crab cakes, etc and I'll be there.

For me buffalo wings were already mentioned...but I'll add spiedie to the list.

I live in Texas but I am from Louisiana so I would guess Boiled Crawfish would be on the menu.

Arkansas: -
Food - catfish, fried okra, Tyson chicken
Gift shop - Aromatique products, anything with a Hog on it

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter