Restaurant USA: What dishes/products would your State bring to the "table"

I'm not sure if anyone has posted for Minnesota yet....

wild rice soup
trout
lutefisk (jk! - they wouldn't sell any)
Jello salad
casserole - ya' know - church potluck kinds of foods! ;)

Checkin' in from the Heart of Dixie - Alabama

Fried Green Tomatoes has to be about the only truly Alabama confection I've ever seen. (I've never even tried this dish, but we are famous for it.)

Here are some other Southern favorites:

Iced Tea, Fried Catfish, Hushpuppies, Chicken Fingers, Pulled Pork BBQ with White BBQ Sauce, Okry, Squash, Cornbread, Moonpies, pork rinds, peach cobbler, blackberry cobbler, turnip greens, cornbread dressing, lemon ice box pie.

Oh and a nice side of coronary artery disease.

(Our neighbors in Georgia can sponsor ice cold Coca-Cola in the bottle.)

Chiming in from Utah...

We can bring the Jell-o (with fruit in it, of course)

But, if EPCOT were to expand and add Brazil, could you imagine getting a churrascaria in WDW? MMM...

I think we'll need to add some Lake Erie walley and Amish cheese to the mix.:)

So walleye and perch from Lake Erie is safe to eat again?:lmao: I grew up in Cleveland eating that fish and my heart is still beating! Nothing beats a fried perch sandwich at Put-In-Bay!

What about a Fenway frank or some sausage & peppers- I've found the Sam (beeah) outside american adventure at a cart/stand- my husband & I always get one - or two.

Hands-down for Jersey would be Boardwalk fries, pizza, and fried Oreos. There ain't nuthin' better! :D

It doesn't look like anyone has posted from Illinois yet ... I'm from near Chicago, so these are Chicago foods, not necessarily the rest of the state.

Top of the list! - ***Deep-dish Chicago Style Pizza***
Chicago Style hot dog - Loaded with nearly everything you can think of EXCEPT for ketchup.
Polish sausage (served pretty much the same as the hot dog or with sauerkraut)
Italian Beef sandwiches
Eli's Cheesecake

Of course NONE of this is healthy!

pdarrah

You got it! My first thought was the Deep Dish Pizza & Chicago style hot dogs. But the Italian Beef & Polish from Maxwell's...definitely! And Eli's cheesecake for sure! I think that wraps up us Chicagoans...we like our fatty foods. lol :)

From Maine, definitely lobstah with drawn buttah...

23424426.jpg

Absolutely red snappahs...

hotdog.jpg

And finally, blueberry pancakes in all their fluffy and blueberry goodness...

228912264_6f1718a244.jpg

Is that corn on a hot dog?? EWW!!! :eek:

For NY, I'd add Beef on Weck to the Buffalo wings. :thumbsup2

Sorry NJ, but we have the best pizza and there's nothing like a real Coney Island or dirty water hot dog. (Hold the corn ;) )

For breakfast, pass me a NY bagel. :)

You would not be entirely incorrect in thinking that it's SPAM-like but to it's really not SPAM at all. SPAM always has that sort of "eewwww" quality.

When bad things happen to good sentences......sorry I couldn't resist. :rotfl2:

:lmao:

I think you need to leave that poor sentence alone.

In this case you need to go after the typist.

I think he should be fired.

:lmao:

See what you can do....if hes like me then he will just blame FFS (Fat Finger Syndrome)

Is that corn on a hot dog?? EWW!!! :eek:

Yeah, well...I've never seen corn on a hot dog...but it was the only picture of a red hot dog (on the right kind of rolls) that I could find!

So, ok...red (snappah) hot dog, no corn. Delish! Nothing like the pop of the natural casing!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter