Ribbon Swap-Final Details

pattyT

DIS Veteran
I am going to make this real easy on you all -
as we can look at the list to see WHO had WHAT color -
just send the 15 yards of ribbon cut into 1 yard increments - no need to divi up and label.

Also send a self addressed envie and postage stamps - I will use the amount necessary and send the rest back to you in the envie with you new ribbons!

lets say 3/1 for the date they need to all be to me - but i will get them back sooner if i have them all sooner.

i will pm my addy to each of you!

I have quite a bit of 1/8" ribbon from when I used to do padded photo albums & frames. I don't know if I have anything else left or not. What kinds of ribbon did you have in mind?

DH's grandmother always did lots of crafts and now with her macular degeneration, she cannot see well enough to do anything. She has given me all her craft supplies, which has been a lot of fun going through! I have lots of ribbon, so I would be interested.

:earboy2: it would help if you knoew what I was thinking right!

Well we would send one yard per person in the swap!
Then you would get the number of people in the swap back in different ribbons!

We could have catagories to sign up for so that everyone doesn't end up with the all one one or two kinds!

ah patty, I can't do it. I love my ribbon too much to part with any of it. I am a ribbon hoarder! so sad I know.... :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: maggie

Hmmm...The only problem I can see is that if there are 20 people I wouldn't have 20 yds of the same ribbon/color to send. If we can figure a way around that, I'm in!

Count me in! I have SO MUCH ribbon, I was just thinking the other day that I should try to find a swap!

my thought is if you pick a 'color' everyone doesn't have to have the SAME ribbon - just has to be pink!

kwim??

HERE WE GO -
GIVE ME YOUR COLORS and I willupdate later so we don't have duplicates!

PINK - I'll take that ;)

I am soo tempted , Patty can you give more details ? When would this be due ? Will their be solid and patterned categories ? I really shouldn't. But I love ribbon even more then fibers and I'm still using stuff from the embellishment swap . What the heck. Sign me up for blue.

Cyndi princess:

okay I have a couple of questions because I have never done anything like this before. I have no ribbon right now. How much does this stuff cost? Also do we individually ship it out or to one person and they distribute? I am sure if one person is doing it there is a shipping cost involved????

pattyt - pink
piratesmate - green
Nicki - blue
Disneyland_emily - black

Prices vary - depends if you get them on sale - I got some real cute valentines stuff on sale for $1. a roll last week and there are 4 yards per roll!

You don't have to use the same roll for the sawp - just the same color -
for example I have already bought a few rolls of different pink ribbons to use in my dd's book - and I know I won't use the entire spool - so I keep one for me and 3 yards (1 yard per person) will go to the swap!
so I end up with a bunch of different ribbons instead of a lot of the same.
you divide the ribbons into 1 yard incriments and mail them all to me with return postage (ribbons are light and it should be cheap enough)
then I divi up everyones stuff and mail everyones ribbons to them!

please give me red that ought to be easy enough this time of year! Can it be thick or thin?

Hi Patty,
it's me the old ILOVEPOOH1. The tech's still can't fix my old account, I was back on the boards for all of one day before it went out again, so now I started under a new name. But only because you're hosting this swap!!! :smooth:
I was just thinking, I need more ribbon!
Put me down for purple!!

oh yeah, and a quick thanks to Cyndi, who was so gracious to post for me when I couldn't!

Sara

pattyt - pink
piratesmate - green
Nicki - blue
Disneyland_emily - black
bcarson - red
ILUVPOOH1 - purple
disneyfreakjackie - Yellow

Thickness does not matter - I would say AT LEAST 5/8 or 1/4 " - to 2"
don't send the real small plain stuff!

Patty, I said no swaps this year but I would really like to do this one I think. Could I do gold please.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter