Rides to Avoid with Motion Sickness?

I could not do Teacups, and when it was running, Body Wars in the Wonder of Life pavilion made me deathly ill - the only way I made it through Body Wars was by staring at the floor of the simulator til the ride was over. However, Soarin has never made me even the slightest bit queasy, and I have ridden it at least a dozen times. Just something to add to your considerations.

Body wars was the one that about killed my mom in the 90s!!! That was the last time she went to Disney and she got so sick on Body wars. Like triggered a migraine with vomiting. It took her an hour to recover basically. I wondered around that pavilion for about an hour waiting on her to come out of the bathroom. So she is going with us in a month and we are not putting her on ANY screen plus motion rides.

Star Tours is the worst for me.
I decided to avoid Mission Space last time.
BTMRR can get a little queasy.
I decided to avoid Space Mountain.
There was absolutely NO PROBLEM with FOP. It is just amazing.

I take Bonine (meclizine) daily to avoid motion sickness while at Disney. Actually, the 360 degree movies make me more nauseous than any of the rides (sometimes I will get a little disoriented even with the Bonine), but so long as I start the Bonine the day before the trip and take it daily, I can usually ride pretty much any ride. I haven't done Mission: Space due to the claustrophobic ride vehicle, so I can't comment on that one.

Expedition Everest has been real rough for me. I get relatively mild motion sickness, when I get it at all, and we went on this twice in a row and I thought I was gonna puke!

For those that take Bonine- Do you find it just as effective if you take it before bed as you do if you take it the next morning? Does it generally cause drowsiness in the morning even though it says non drowsy? And also, Is it still just as effective if you swallow it instead of chew it? I've never tried it before, and I don't generally get motion sick on rides...but I also haven't been on any in a few years and I'll be going to Disney soon...so I am thinking just to be on the safe side, I will try taking it.

I have a fairly strong stomach and love roller coasters, but there are still a few rides at WDW that give me motion sickness:

1. Mission Space Orange- By far the worst motion sickness I’ve felt from a ride at WDW. It was a one and done for me.

2. Those darn teacups: I’ll do it for my daughters, but I genuinely hate that ride.

3. Astro Orbiter: These types of rides ( like Dumbo) don’t usually give me any motion sickness, but I felt it very briefly while riding Astro Orbiter. Not enough to keep me from doing it again, but still noticeable.

4. Star Tours: Also very mild, but still noticeable.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter