Rock On!! Because Devil Horns Do Belong at Disney. An Oct TR Updated 9/5 x10!

i am glad they retheamed this attraction when we went last it was narnia and not very good my daughter would love the pirates she loves capt jack.

there is another first for us! Capt Jack!!!

your pictures are just getting better!!! :cool1:

Enjoy Mom time hope you have a wonderful time!!!

Hope you have a great time with your Mom!

Good call letting Jim ride Star Tours solo, betetr to not risk it!

Love the pictures outside DHS!

Just wanted to chime in and let you know I've read all your reports so far and am enjoying them! I find it so funny that Jim says he's not a fan of Disney but sure seems to love the character meets! Looking forward to more updates.

Fun update, Ariana. That cookie looks good. I've seen that stand but never stopped there.

The cookie was ok. I've definitely had better chocolate chip cookies but it did the trick.

Mark and I did the pirate thing once...we too found it odd. We've not been back since.

I probably won't go back again myself unless Mom wants to see it in October. Since she usually defers to me I doubt we will see it.

Like you, I can't do Star Tours anymore...it makes me ill.

I am sad I can't do it because I love Star Wars. But after I got so sick on my solo trip I just don't want to risk it.

I love Jim's t-shirt. It's awesome.

It was a pretty good one. He was excited to find some new Star Wars ones on this trip (that might just be a spoiler for later).

Great photopass pictures.

Thanks! I think they would be perfect if Jim wasn't squinting so badly.

That cookie is huge!!

It was huge! Not too bad for $3 which is what it cost. Well I think that was the cost, it's been a while :rotfl:

I've always wondered about the jack sparrow thing there, but have never cared enough to stop for it :rotfl2: everyone's kinda said that it's lacking so i don't really bother lol!

I would say since you will be living there soon :cool1: to go ahead and see it one time. Jim loved it so you could too. Of course he also loved Captain EO so his opinion might not be the best one.

I really need to get on Star Tours one of these days...we had fp's for it last trip but left dhs so early we didn't use them!a

I don't think I will ride it again thanks to my motion sickness issues. I'm not sure it would make much sense to you since if I remember correctly, you've never seen the movies.

What a dinner plate of a cookie!

It was quite large, that's for sure!

I've also never stopped in Jack Sparrow. I've considered it; but never found the time to stop. Thanks for sharing the pictures. I might consider it some more next time.

You really haven't missed much. It's definitely a step up from the Prince Caspian show that was there but nothing I want to rush back and see again.

Great t-shirt. I'm a real star wars geek. Can't wait for the next movie to come out!

Me too! I hope Disney does the series justice.

i am glad they retheamed this attraction when we went last it was narnia and not very good my daughter would love the pirates she loves capt jack.

It's definitely better now than the Narnia one was!

there is another first for us! Capt Jack!!!

I think your kids will enjoy it. They pick one child out to do something special during the show so get there early (I think they run every half hour) and maybe on of yours will get picked.

your pictures are just getting better!!! :cool1:

Thanks! I'm slowly learning what my camera can do!

Enjoy Mom time hope you have a wonderful time!!!

We did have a wonderful time.

Hope you have a great time with your Mom!

We did have a great time.

Good call letting Jim ride Star Tours solo, better to not risk it!

It made me sad not to go on because I love the ride but being sick the rest of the day was not something I wanted to deal with.

Love the pictures outside DHS!

Thanks!

Just wanted to chime in and let you know I've read all your reports so far and am enjoying them! I find it so funny that Jim says he's not a fan of Disney but sure seems to love the character meets! Looking forward to more updates.

Hi! :wave2: Thanks for reading and commenting. I'm glad you enjoyed the TRs. He definitely loves to meet characters whether they are Disney or not. He does have his limits as you'll see when we get to the next day at MK.

As we headed out of HS and towards the boat dock it started raining again. There was not a lot of people waiting for the boat but they were spread out so much that Jim and I were not under the awning. I really wanted to shout “come on people, move down a little” but I’m not one to speak up much so I just stood in the rain until the boat came.

We made great time to the Beach Club and even met a few friends on our walk there. At least somebody was happy about all the rain!

You’ve probably guessed by now that we were headed to Beaches and Cream for lunch. This was my first time eating there and I was excited since I had read so much great stuff about it on the DIS. We checked in about 12:40 pm for our 1 pm ADR. Our buzzer went off about five minutes before our ADR time and we were lead to a small table for two.

We both ended up ordering burgers. Jim got his with Onion Rings.

I got mine with fries.

Oh and it was freezing in the restaurant. If you look back at the picture of Jim’s food you will see him with a long sleeve shirt on. He was the smart one of the two of us, I didn’t bring a sweatshirt with me. I was shivering so bad that I had a hard time eating my burger. One of these days I will learn. I should have known better since I froze the day we ate at Rose and Crown back in October.

So what did we think of the food? Meh, it was just OK. I was a little disappointed after all the great reviews I had read. I’ve had a much better burger at both Sci Fi and The Plaza. I also know that the onion rings get a lot of raves but Jim didn’t care for them too much. I don’t eat them so I don’t know exactly what he was talking about but he said these were beer battered and he likes breaded better. I really didn’t know there was a difference.

When the waitress offered us ice cream we both turned it down. There was no way I was eating something cold at that moment. Plus I had something else in mind I really wanted to try. We settled our bill and headed back to the store in the Beach Club so I could pick up these babies.

They used to serve these Oreo Bon Bons at Cape May and I had wanted to try them when Mom and I went in 2012 but they took them off the menu. I read recently that they are sometimes available in the Beach Club store so I was very happy to find them!

We headed back out to the boat dock to catch a ride back to HS. It was still raining a bit so we waited inside the lighthouse till the boat came.

I think it was on this boat ride that we sat with two ladies who were also Passholders. They wanted to know where I got my AP slider. It came with my AP MB but apparently not everyone got one. We also talked MBs the whole trip, comparing colors and how many each of us have. Currently I have four, green, red, pink, and yellow. I plan on getting blue and orange on my next two trips so I’ll have them all except for the grey.

I had asked Jim if there was anything else he wanted to do at HS and he said no so we headed straight to the buses. There was one waiting and we were back in the room by 2:30 pm. We relaxed and watched some hockey and I dug into the Oreo Bon Bons.

They were amazing! I highly recommend a trip to the Beach Club to get some!

At 3:30 pm we headed back out to catch a boat to DTD. I snapped some more pictures as we walked.

As we rounded the corner though, we saw a boat sitting there so we hustled a little to make sure we got on. But then we ended up sitting there for a while till the boat filled up some more. So of course I took a few more pictures from the boat.

As we headed towards POFQ, I took a picture of the mansion section of POR. Since we were there such a short time, we never made it over to this side of the resort at all.

POFQ is the only moderate I haven’t stayed at yet. I was very interested to see a bit of it as we sailed by. I instantly fell in love with the buildings and when we got home I upgraded Mom and I from POP to POFQ for our October trip! Shhhh, she doesn’t know, it’s going to be her birthday present. Her birthday is in September so if our bag tags come I’ll send those as her “gift” but if they aren’t here yet I’ll probably just make some kind of card. But you probably don’t care too much about that, you just want to see pictures, right? Well of course I took some.

Up Next: How Are We Going to Get All this Stuff Home?

Boo to the people who wouldn't move up so more could get out of the rain.

Cute little ducks.

I'm sorry you weren't impressed with Beaches & Cream. We love it there. I must admit I've never done the onion rings (I figure no one can beat Sci Fi's), but I thought the burger was much better than Sci Fi's.

Now that's funny...I didn't care for the bon bons at all. Same with the Zebra Domes. :lmao::lmao::lmao:

Nice surprise for your mom for her birthday. :)

I'm sorry Beaches and Cream was disappointing. But yay for picking up some Oreo bon bons! I really want to try those one day.

I think it's awesome that you and your mom will be staying at POFQ in October!

Hi Ariana! Sorry its been so long!

I am on my tablet, so the pics didn't load, andd I just read...

But that is such a bummer that people wouldn't move forward so you didn't get wet... So!etimes others can be so inconsiderate. :(

Bummer about beaches n cream, I've always wanted to eat there, mostly for the kitchen sink...lol

Yay for finding the Oreo bonbons... I am not sure of I've jhad them before or not? But they do sound good!

And I am super excited for you to try fq... I sure hope you love it as much as we do! Your mom will love it as her gift!

Again, sorry I fell so far behind.

D~

Glad you are back! Found out some news that we might not be able to make it in October, but I am trying everything in my power to be there :)

THat's such a cool gift for your Mom. I bet she's gonna be so thrilled when she finds out.

I don't get the hype around Beaches and Cream food either. I didn't like the burgers and the fries and onion rings were overcooked for my tastes. :confused3

I didn't see any of those oreo bon bons in September last year. You're so lucky to score them!

Great update!!

I do have to say I loved beaches & cream! We devoured the onion rings & i got grilled cheese so we all know how that went :lmao: sad you guys didn't enjoy it!

I'm definitely going to have to stop by to get some of those bon bons though! I've heard nothing but good things!

Riverside's the only mod I haven't stayed at! I think it's mainly because I want a royal room and they're quite pricey, we were supposed to go in may but when we switched weeks the cost went up so much we swapped hotels!

I LOVED FQ though, UGH, it was seriously amazing and probably my favourite resort! I know you guys will love it!

Oh My YUM!!!! The oreo look amazing. and to hear they taste just as good?? Def going to stop and get some!!!

So what resort is your favorite so far?!

Just wanted to check in after enjoying your trip report this weekend! I'm looking forward to reading about the rest of your quick trip!

Boo to the people who wouldn't move up so more could get out of the rain.

I'm not sure they even realized we were standing in the rain. I really need to learn to speak up sometimes.

Cute little ducks.

They were so adorable!

I'm sorry you weren't impressed with Beaches & Cream. We love it there. I must admit I've never done the onion rings (I figure no one can beat Sci Fi's), but I thought the burger was much better than Sci Fi's.

Maybe we just got an off day but I found my burger to be small and cooked a little too much for my taste. I had one at Sci Fi in February (haven't gotten that far yet in that TR) that was wonderful.

Now that's funny...I didn't care for the bon bons at all. Same with the Zebra Domes. :lmao::lmao::lmao:

I haven't tried the Zebra Domes because I'm not a fan of coffee flavored desserts and they have some in them. I also really don't like white chocolate for some reason and they look like they have a lot. I think I loved the Oreo Bon Bons so much because they were very chocolaty which is my favorite.

Nice surprise for your mom for her birthday. :)

Thanks, I hope she likes it!

I'm sorry Beaches and Cream was disappointing. But yay for picking up some Oreo bon bons! I really want to try those one day.

It really wasn't that bad, just not as good as all the hype I read. I wonder too if I would have enjoyed it more if I wasn't so cold. It was literally like a freezer in there. You definitely should try the Oreo Bon Bons, they were really good!

I think it's awesome that you and your mom will be staying at POFQ in October!

I'm very excited to finally stay there!

Hi Ariana! Sorry its been so long!

No problem, I know you have been busy!

I am on my tablet, so the pics didn't load, andd I just read...

But that is such a bummer that people wouldn't move forward so you didn't get wet... So!etimes others can be so inconsiderate. :(

Well, I'm not sure that they even noticed we were standing in the rain. I'm sure they would have moved down if I would have said something but I'm just not one to speak up.

Bummer about beaches n cream, I've always wanted to eat there, mostly for the kitchen sink...lol

I really wanted to try some ice cream but I was just way too cold at that point. The food was not that bad, I had just read so much hype about the place that I think it fell a little short.

Yay for finding the Oreo bonbons... I am not sure of I've jhad them before or not? But they do sound good!

They were on the menu at Cape May for a long time so maybe you have had them if you ate there prior to 2012. They were delicious!

And I am super excited for you to try fq... I sure hope you love it as much as we do! Your mom will love it as her gift!

I am super excited to finally stay there and I do hope that Mom is excited too.

Again, sorry I fell so far behind.

D~

No need to apologize, I get behind all the time!

Glad you are back! Found out some news that we might not be able to make it in October, but I am trying everything in my power to be there :)

Awe, I'm sorry you might have to cancel your trip. I hope everything works out and you still get to go.

Oreo Bon Bon at Beach Club ? Marketplace ?

They look yummy !

They are very yummy! Just keep in mind that they don't always have them. I got lucky that day.

THat's such a cool gift for your Mom. I bet she's gonna be so thrilled when she finds out.

I really hope that she is!

I don't get the hype around Beaches and Cream food either. I didn't like the burgers and the fries and onion rings were overcooked for my tastes. :confused3

I found the burger to be over cooked for my taste too. Of course, most restaurants feel the need to do them well done so as to avoid lawsuits if someone gets sick.

I didn't see any of those oreo bon bons in September last year. You're so lucky to score them!

I was lucky because I know they don't have them all the time.

Great update!!

I do have to say I loved beaches & cream! We devoured the onion rings & i got grilled cheese so we all know how that went :lmao: sad you guys didn't enjoy it!

I really did like my meal I was just slightly disappointed because I had read so much hype here on the DIS. I guess I was expecting it to be out of this world. I don't think freezing through the whole meal helped either.

I'm definitely going to have to stop by to get some of those bon bons though! I've heard nothing but good things!

They are really good! Hope you get lucky and they have them when you go looking.

Riverside's the only mod I haven't stayed at! I think it's mainly because I want a royal room and they're quite pricey, we were supposed to go in may but when we switched weeks the cost went up so much we swapped hotels!

I actually had a royal room booked for this trip but switched when Jim joined me. I figured I could splurge since I was only going to be there three nights but I didn't think that Jim would enjoy a princess room. :lmao:

I LOVED FQ though, UGH, it was seriously amazing and probably my favourite resort! I know you guys will love it!

I can't wait to try it out!

Oh My YUM!!!! The oreo look amazing. and to hear they taste just as good?? Def going to stop and get some!!!

I hope they have some when you are there because they are definitely yummy!

So what resort is your favorite so far?!

Hmmmm, that's a good question and I'm not really sure of the answer. :rotfl: For Values, I've stayed at POP, All Star Music and All Star Sports. POP is the clear winner there, I love the theme and the food court is much better than the All Star Resorts. As for Moderates, I've stayed at CSR, CBR and POR. CBR and POR are pretty much tied in my book. I love both resorts for different reasons and would stay at either one again. I loved the bright colorfulness and laid back feel of CBR. POR is just beautiful, I love the southern theme and the food court is wonderful. CSR was my least favorite. The rooms all have dark furniture which makes the rooms seem darker. I also wasn't a fan of the weird system in the food court.

Just wanted to check in after enjoying your trip report this weekend! I'm looking forward to reading about the rest of your quick trip!

Thanks for stopping by, I'm glad you have enjoyed the TR so far. I actually have a second on going from my February trip, the link is in my signature if you want to join in there also.

As we neared DTD, I could see what a mess it was at the moment. Lots and lots of construction going on!

I got distracted for a moment by this interesting bird.

I hadn’t been over to the West Side since 2010 so we went that way first. More construction walls.

We walked to the end then turned around and came back to do some shopping. First stop was D Street.

I bought the new Cruise Line Vinylmation Pluto.

I’ve slowly been collecting just the Pluto Vinylmations although I’ve kind of become obsessed with the new Ink and Paint series. Opening the blind boxes is a little bit addicting. I managed to open six boxes in that series and got six different ones including Pluto. There are only eight in the series so I ended up buying the other two off of Ebay.

Jim found not one but two more Star Wars T-shirts. I think they might have been starting to stock the shelves for Star Wars weekends. The first one is a little strange, I’m not sure if it’s supposed to be a Dr. Who mashup or what?

The only other stop we made was the Harley Store but that was only because Jim wanted his picture on one of the bikes. We did spot some dog toys but they were insanely expensive. I’m used to high prices for stuff at Disney but I’m not about to spend $25 for a squeaky toy for my dogs.

More construction photos as we walked back towards the Marketplace.

The Pleasure Island area is completely closed off. You have to go down in front of it along a new waterfront boardwalk to get between the West Side and Marketplace. Here’s a picture looking back towards the West Side.

Heading towards Raglan Road, lots more construction walls.

Our first stop was in the Lego Store where Jim looked but didn’t buy. Since we had to come back this way to get to the boat, he decided to stop back in on the way out.

It was so weird looking out at the lake and seeing Cap n’ Jack’s completely gone.

All of the construction walls made for what felt like a much more crowded DTD although it was Saturday so that didn’t help.

They were still working on the area in front of the World of Disney that is going to be a Starbucks.

And speaking of World of Disney, we headed in there next and spend an exorbitant amount of time and money! We both bought for ourselves and also got Mother’s Day gifts for both of our Moms. Jim’s Mom also had a birthday in May so we took care of that too.

For myself I bought a Minnie Mouse watch. I had been looking for a brown and silver watch so this was perfect.

Continued in Next Post

Continued From Previous Post

I also got a pack of pins that are called Heroes Vs. Villains. I had traded for the Simba one from the set in February and was hoping to get the Scar one. Unfortunately I wasn’t lucky this time.

I always get a frame for a picture from the trip.

The picture I used was from the last day of our trip so you’ll have to wait to see that one for a bit.

I found yet another Pluto shirt! I actually have this same shirt in light green but I really liked the maroon. Ah, who am I kidding, it was Pluto and it was coming home with me even if I didn’t like the color.

The back cracks me up because when I wear it, it looks like Pluto is staring at my butt.

Last but certainly not least, I needed a stuffie to bring home. I am still five years old you know. I really wanted an Olaf or Sven but Frozen merchandise was still very scarce. So Simba came home with me instead.

The only thing Jim bought for his self was this Pirates key chain. Well, I think he might have gotten it at HS but I can’t remember for sure so I’m sticking it here.

My Mom loves little change purses so I got her this Vera Bradley one for Mother’s Day.

I also picked up a Mickey nightshirt for her.

For Jim’s Mom we got her a couple of Alice in Wonderland items because she loves that movie. First was a mug.

2nd was a set of kitchen towels.

We gave her those two items for Mother’s Day. For her birthday Jim picked out a pair of Mickey earrings. I think he did a great job.

And she likes to draw so we got her a Mickey sketchbook set.

Jim decided he didn’t want to leave his sister out so we got her a Mickey hoodie.

Weighed down by some huge bags but a lot less money, we headed over to Arribas Brothers. I decided I had spent enough money already so I didn’t get anything on this trip. We hit the pin store next. We didn’t buy anything but we did do some trading. I found a pretty awesome Siamese cat pin. I didn’t trade a whole lot this trip and I’ll post my trades at the end of the TR.

We wanted to check out the new kiosk they have that sells pet stuff but unfortunately it was closed I’m guessing because of the rain.

We had thought about doing dinner at DTD but it was getting extremely crowded so we decided to head back to the resort instead. Of course we made another stop at the Lego store so Jim could do his shopping. First of all, he got The Eiffel Tower.

He loves the Architecture ones and also has the White House, Big Ben and the Leaning Tower of Pisa. His second purchase was the London Tower Bridge.

He hasn’t put either of these together yet because he says that Lego building is for the winter months when it gets dark early. That’s OK with me, it gives me a few months to have my puzzle table back.

We headed to the boat dock and one was there waiting for us. We went back to the room first and dropped everything off then headed to the food court for dinner. Jim really wanted to try Boatwright’s but the only thing on the menu I liked was a steak. I was planning on getting steak at our ADR the next night so I talked him out of eating there and we went to the food court.

I had been wanting to try out the Make Your Own Pasta and it did not disappoint. They make each order fresh and it was fun watching the guy cook up multiple pans at one time. There are all kind of stuff you can add to your pasta but as you all know by now I’m pretty Plain Jane when it comes to food. I ended up getting Penne with Marinara Sauce and Chicken.

Jim went with a burger, I think it was the Angus Chipotle-Barbecue Cheeseburger.

And also a side salad.

We sat over by the kids section and ended up watching the end of Robin Hood while we ate. We were back in the room by 7:45 pm. I had planned on watching some of the Ye Ha Bob show but I was hurting badly that night for some reason. I think the wet weather was making my ankle worse than usual. We ended up watching some hockey on TV and relaxing for the rest of the night.

Up Next: No Way Are We Joining That Crazy Crowd!

Holy Cow ! Can't wait to hear how you did get all that stuff home :lmao: The Pluto shirt, have it too but never wear it...c'mon Ariana we love him but he's a dog Need I say more ? He is not staring at your butt he is sniffing ...:rotfl: someone in designing had a great sense of humor with these shirts.

So, you briefly skipped over/mentioned a new kiosk with pet stuff :confused3 where ? when did this open ? Do you have any idea what they carry? I still mourn the loss of Pet Tails..biggest epic fail on Disney's part to take that out. ( that and the loss of the kennels at each park, really stupid ) I have heard nothing although I don't think anyone could pay me to go down there not even for that new co-op store.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter