Rock On!! Because Devil Horns Do Belong at Disney. An Oct TR Updated 9/5 x10!

Glad to see you back! Sorry things have been so hectic. Glad to hear all those pups found good homes!

Great pics with Gaston, sounds like such an amazing interaction! I love when characters are really into it and spend time with you!

Welcome back. Good job with the doggies and I'm so glad there was a happy ending for them all.

Love the M&G; especially with Gaston. It did tell me one thing.....you both are TALL! I'm a midget compared to Gaston.

Thanks Ruthie! So sorry I haven't had a chance to e-mail you or visit your TR. If you read the first paragraph above you will see what's been going on!

Apologies not necessary. It's been an interesting time around here. Nothing I put in the PTR/TR about it, I vented on a thread of it's own. We had a snake problem, central AC unit go out, and dear sweet Fantasia who is coming up on her 15th birthday is starting to experience dog dementia. We deal.

My heart swelled reading about the dogs, I know the emotional roller coaster that brings and the complete sweet exhaustion you feel when it's done ( until the next time :( ) I just can't do that kind of thing anymore. We've talked about the rescue history in the past. Hey a new day for those dogs :woohoo:
How are your guys doing ?

Welcome back. Good job with the doggies and I'm so glad there was a happy ending for them all.

Love the M&G; especially with Gaston. It did tell me one thing.....you both are TALL! I'm a midget compared to Gaston.

::yes:: You and I pretty much stand shoulder to shoulder. You would feel like you were standing in a hole with Jim and Ariana :rotfl:

Wow Wow Wow That was an AWESOME M & G with Gaston Amazing pictures

It was one of the best I've ever had!

Glad to see you back! Sorry things have been so hectic. Glad to hear all those pups found good homes!

It was a rough couple of months but thankfully it's all over now. I felt so bad for the shelter staff who were working 16 hour days with no time off.

Great pics with Gaston, sounds like such an amazing interaction! I love when characters are really into it and spend time with you!

It was an amazing meet and greet! It was awesome for him to spend so much time with us since we had no kids.

I was very relieved when we finally got them all homes.

Yeah Jim and I are both tall. On my side both my parents are tall but the shortest of all their siblings so I was destined to be tall. I have an uncle who is 6' 8"!

Apologies not necessary. It's been an interesting time around here. Nothing I put in the PTR/TR about it, I vented on a thread of it's own. We had a snake problem, central AC unit go out, and dear sweet Fantasia who is coming up on her 15th birthday is starting to experience dog dementia. We deal.

Awe, sorry to hear about Fantasia, it's so hard to see our doggies getting older. Hmmm, I didn't see the separate thread as I usually don't venture too many places on the DIS.

My heart swelled reading about the dogs, I know the emotional roller coaster that brings and the complete sweet exhaustion you feel when it's done ( until the next time :( ) I just can't do that kind of thing anymore. We've talked about the rescue history in the past. Hey a new day for those dogs :woohoo:
How are your guys doing ?:

It was very hard but rewarding at the same time. I had no problem dealing with the dogs but boy do the idiots come out of the woodwork when something like that happens! I'm sure you know what I'm talking about since you've done rescue yourself. Jim and I and the doggies are doing great! Not too much new or exciting in our lives right now.

Hi everyone! I am really over writing two TRs at this point so yesterday I sat down and finished this one! I've got about 10 updates coming so you may want to wait a bit before replying. You'll know I'm done when I change the title to today's date. Now that this one is done, I can concentrate on the February one and hopefully get it done before my October trip too.

Next on the agenda was my favorite ride in MK, Pirates! The wait time said 25 minutes and it was a good 20 minutes before we got on. The park was definitely crowded on this day.

We were placed in the front of the boat and after getting a little wet when sitting in the front row in February, I made the choice to put my camera away. Good thing I did because we didn’t just get wet on the drop, we got soaked! I had water in my eyes and mouth and the front of me was totally soaked. Don’t believe me? Check out this picture from afterwards. The void you can see was where my purse was sitting on my lap. You would have thought I just got off of Splash Mountain!

That’s two trips in a row where I’ve gotten wet on Pirates. So if you don’t want to get wet, I would advise asking to not be placed in the front row.

With the lines the way they were, we didn’t have time for anything else in Adventureland since we had a FP for BOG so we wandered back towards Fantasyland. As we passed The Country Bear Jamboree though, the CM said a show was just about to start so we went on in. I’m sure by now that everyone know just how much I love this show. So I’ll just shut up and post some photos.

When we left the CBJ, we quickly walked through the pin store but I don’t think either of us traded. Then we headed back to New Fantasyland for lunch at BOG. I was sure glad we had the FP as the line was the full length of the bridge and then almost all the way down the path to Gaston’s Tavern. We had no problem using the FP. I had printed out the screen shot of my reservation since you really can’t go back in and view it later but I didn’t need it at all. We did not pre-order our food (Jim did not want to decide a month ahead of time what he was going to eat that day) so we had to wait in a very short line in the Suites of Armor room before we placed our order.

The order process was very simple and I had no problem making changes to the sandwich I wanted. I was a little worried about this but I’m so used to picking stuff off I probably would have been fine. We headed out to the ballroom, got our drinks then found a seat towards the back of the room. I thought about trying to find a seat in the West Wing but figured it would be pretty full.

We waited about 5 – 10 minutes for our food so we played around with the camera for a few minutes.

Jim ordered the Carved Prime Chuck Roast Beef Sandwich.

And I ordered the Carved Turkey Sandwich, hold the fixings.

And of course for dessert I got my favorite Chocolate Cupcake.

Our meal was delicious! Jim said his sandwich was better than the roast beef one he got at Sunshine Seasons a few days previously. I was pleasantly surprised to find that the turkey sandwich was hot. I think I was expecting lunch meat or something similar. Even without all of the fixings, the meat was well seasoned and very moist. I will have to say that I think I liked lunch better than dinner! I plan on heading back there for lunch again in December.

Up Next: No Way Am I Sharing My Secrets!

When we left BOG, it was getting close to time for our next FP+ for Buzz Lightyear. We did have a little bit of time yet so I thought we could ride The Little Mermaid but nope, 45 minute wait there. So we headed into Storybook Circus hoping to ride Dumbo. Well I was going to ride and Jim was going to watch but the wait time there was 60 minutes. We wandered through Big Top Souvenirs and did some pin trading. Well Jim did. I had awful luck finding pins I liked on this trip. Jim on the other hand did so much trading on this day that he ran out of trader pins and had to borrow some from me.

We took the back path by Goofy’s coaster to Tomorrowland and got in yet another long FP+ line at Buzz. Luckily for the most part the lines moved very quickly.

I had planned on sharing some of my secrets on this ride with Jim so he could score higher but after the taunting I got the day before when he beat me on TSM, there was no way that was happening! So as usually I whipped him. I got my highest score ever.

So close yet so far away from that elusive 999,999 score! Jim on the other hand did not do so well.

When we got off of Buzz, we had about 45 minutes till our Space Mountain FP+. So first we took a relaxing ride on the TTA.

It’s funny because it does not look very crowded in these pictures but I remember it being hard to navigate because there were so many people.

We got stopped for a while in the dark tunnel in Space Mountain and they turned on some lights along the bottom of the track. It was kind of weird because you could see the reflection of the car in the glass. The picture didn’t turn out exactly like I wanted though.

After the TTA, we headed into COP for a spin through time. I probably could have skipped this one but it is one of Jim’s favorites. I do like it but have seen it so many times the last few trips that I’m ready to give it a break.

It was finally time for our Space Mountain FP+ so we got in another line. Check it out, this was just the line to get into the FP+ line.

When we got to the loading area, the CM placed us in rows one and two. I immediately headed to one because I never dreamed that Jim would want to ride in the front. But he said he did so we switched spots. Of course the dork kept his eyes shut the entire ride so being in the front was pointless for him. He even has them closed in the ride photo! And in case you are wondering, no, I have no idea what I was trying to do there but it made for a funny photo!

While we were waiting to get the picture Jim noticed a pressed quarter machine right there and it had a Pluto one! I always carry two quarters and a penny so I can get a pressed penny if I see one I like but I didn’t have the five quarters I needed for the pressed quarter. Luckily Jim had three more quarters in his pocket so I was able to get the Pluto one. Guess I’m going to have to start carrying more change with me from now on.

Up Next: Trekking Through the Jungle

After Space Mountain we had used all three of our FP+ for the day. Disney had just recently added the ability to get a fourth one and I was anxious to try it out. I had noticed that there was a FP+ kiosk right near Buzz so we headed back that way. There was only one family in line in front of us so we waited less than five minutes before being helped by a CM. I wanted to get Haunted Mansion but the first available time was during our dinner ADR so we ended up getting one for Jungle Cruise at 3:30 pm. This left us with about a ½ hour until the start so Jim suggested Monster’s Inc. Laugh Floor since we were right there. I didn’t take a single picture from the show but we enjoyed it as usual. The Monster’s spent a lot of time picking on a row of teenage girls who kept playing on their phones. Every time one of them would pick up their phone, the Monster’s would put them up on the screen.

We headed towards Adventureland after the show and ended up getting caught up in the crowd right at the end of the 3 pm parade. I chose not to watch the new parade this trip because Jim absolutely despises parades plus I wanted to save it to watch with Mom when we went in October. We saw some of the backstage rehearsals for it when we did the Keys to the Kingdom tour in February and I knew she wanted to see the actual parade. It was a little crazy getting through the Hub but we finally made it.

You probably won’t be surprised to hear at this point that there was a line to get into the FP+ line but it went quickly. We ended up sitting towards the front of the boat and we had a really good captain this time so it was a fun ride. Picture time!

Up Next: Mr. Grumpy Pants Rears His Ugly Head

When we finished with Jungle Cruise I could tell Jim was getting grumpy. He was hot, it was too crowded, he wanted to shop, not ride more rides. You get the idea, he was basically turning back into a five year old right before my eyes. So even though it was more than 2 hours before our dinner ADR I decided we should head out via the Main Street stores. I was planning on heading back to the room for a few hours after dinner and then coming back to MK for evening EMHs. MK was open till 2 am and I wanted to stay as late as we possibly could.

We stopped at a FP+ kiosk on the way out of Adventureland and I made a FP+ for Haunted Mansion for 10:30 pm. There was no line at all so we were in and out of the kiosk in just a few minutes. Then we walked through all the stores on Main Street but bought nothing but a bottle of water. I did see a Goofy mug that was a possibility for my Mom as Goofy is her favorite. I decided to wait and get it on our way out that evening as Jim was just not in the mood to stop for much. I did make him stop for some more PP pictures since we didn’t do any by the castle that morning.

We headed to the monorail as we were going to Kona Café for dinner and we were greeted by this site.

I had completely forgotten that the Express Monorail was not running during the day due to the Poly construction. Unfortunately the line for the boats was just as bad so we stayed in the monorail line.

As you can see from the photo above, the lime green monorail was leaving as we got in line. There was one or maybe two other monorails that passed before we made it to the front. The gold monorail pulled up…

And I thought we would be getting on that one but then they decided to take it out of service so we had to wait for them to move it to the other line and then for the next monorail which turned out to be the lime green one. Yep, it went all the way around the lake while we were waiting.

We were packed into the cars like sardines and even though I told Jim we would be getting off at the third stop he continued to ask “Is this our stop?”, “Do I need to get off here?”, “What number is our stop?” the whole way around the lake. I was beginning to think I should have gotten him another snack that afternoon. All in all it took about 45 minutes from the time we got in line until we were getting off at the Poly. Thank goodness we left MK so early for our dinner ADR.

Despite the long trek to get there, we were still pretty early for our dinner ADR. We walked around and I took what I believe are some of the last pictures of the Poly waterfall. I’m pretty sure the construction walls went up a few days after we were there.

We saw a pin board out at the gift shop and I finally found a Pluto pin to trade for. Jim saw three on the board that he wanted and since I only took the one I was a good wife and traded for the third one. I think it was Sam the Eagle from the Muppets. Then we sat for about 15 minutes and relaxed in the air conditioning and Jim finally seemed to cheer up a bit. We checked in a few minutes before our ADR time and it wasn’t more than five minutes before we were seated.

I was immediately disappointed to see that the Teriyaki Steak was no longer on the menu. I had that dish in 2010 and was so looking forward to having it again. It was still listed online right before we left so they must have changed the menu pretty recently. The now have a Grilled New York Strip which sounded pretty boring. The meal starts with bread.

This wasn’t bad but not really out of this world good like I’ve read about. I liked the rolls at Garden Grill better.

Jim started off with the Kona Salad:

And for his entrée he had the Pan-Asian Noodles with Shrimp.

I decided to be a little adventurous and ordered the Pan-seared Duck Breast but subbed fingerling potatoes for the cranberry beans.

Jim loved every bite of his meal and wanted to lick the plates again. Me not so much. I do like duck but it’s a pretty tricky dish and if it’s not cooked right it can be pretty rubbery. This dish wasn’t quite there and it was a bit rubbery. And as for the potatoes, well this is the third time I’ve had these fingerling potatoes at WDW. It seems they’ve used these to replace mashed potatoes at some of the restaurants. I’ve had them at Be Our Guest, Le Cellier and now Kona and they were pretty bad at all three places. Way over salted and dry. Jim tried them and thought they were awful too so it wasn’t just me.

I wasn’t going to get dessert because I still had a bunch of the Oreo Bon Bons back in the room but Jim surprised me once again and ordered the Banana-Chocolate Crème Brulee.

So I broke down and got the Kilauea Torte. The waitress subbed chocolate ice cream for me when I said I didn’t care for vanilla.

The desserts were very good and the meal put Jim in a much better mood. We headed out of the restaurant, back on the monorail (which only took a few minutes to come this time), and then caught a bus pretty quickly back to our resort. And then things went extremely downhill. There were at least 3 screaming kids on the way back to the resort. One little girl got separated from her dad because they were a large party and there were not enough seats together for all of them. For the entire bus ride back she screamed “DADDY” over and over at the top of her lungs. Jim was so annoyed that he jumped off the bus at the first stop at POR even though it was on the opposite side of the resort from our building. I really didn’t blame him at that point.

POR is beautiful but a bit confusing and since we had a preferred room, we had not explored much of the resort. We got a little lost trying to find our building but that was OK because it gave me a chance to take some pictures along the way. Here’s one of the quiet pools at POR.

And the rest are buildings and foliage as we walked.

Here’s the small set of stairs we had to climb each day to get to our room.

We got back to the room about 7:30 pm and it was then that Jim told me there was no way in $%@^* that he was going back to MK that night with the crowds and screaming kids. I tried to convince him that it would be a lot less crowded that evening but he was not budging. So I said no problem, would he care if I just went without him? He said he was perfectly fine with that as long as he didn’t have to go. Secretly I was a little relieved because I was over his attitude at that point.

So I spent the next hour and ½ relaxing, packing and getting ready to head back out. Right at 9 pm I started to head out the door but when I said goodbye I got a very snotty “bye” back. Oh boy here we go, he wasn’t ok with me leaving. I asked him what was wrong and he said don’t worry about it we would discuss it tomorrow. I HATE when he does that but I really didn’t want to push the issue at that moment and start a huge fight so I just left. I had been looking forward to these night time hours at MK all weekend and he knew it. I left the room pretty angry and frustrated as I headed to the bus stop.

Up Next: Can I Find My Happy Place Again?

I headed to the bus stop still fuming a bit. There was no one around at all but I think it was because I just missed a bus. I waited about 10 minutes and by that time there were a lot of families waiting. Wishes was at 10 pm so I think a lot of people did what I did and took a break back at the resort.

I was pretty upset all the way until I got into MK and saw the castle again. After that I just couldn’t stay angry any longer. Now I have no notes at all from this night because things did get ugly again the next day and I never went back and finished updating my journal. I will be writing this mostly from memory and pictures so hopefully I can remember everything. Let’s not worry for now about the ugliness the next day and just enjoy the beautiful night at the MK.

I decided to watch Wishes from a little further back that I normally do and ended up finding a good spot right next to Casey’s. This turned out to be not the best decision but we’ll get to that in a minute. Here’s the first photo I took that night.

I also snapped photos to my right and left to show where I was standing.

The castle show started and I took this picture:

Then a foreign gentleman stepped in front of me with a huge 80s style video recorder and proceeded to block my view and everyone else’s around us. There were a lot of grumblings and complaints but he either didn’t understand or didn’t care. I was able to just see around him and wasn’t too upset since I’ve seen the show multiple times. But needless to say, pictures were no longer an option.

Luckily he left after the Castle show, I’m guessing he thought that was it, and I didn’t have to find a new spot. I tried to get a little artsy with a balloon and the castle but it turned out a bit blurry.

And then it was time for Wishes.

My pictures didn’t turn out as well as usual being that far down Main Street so I will just share a few of the better ones with you.

I actually sort of captured Tinkerbell if you know what you are looking for that is.

I apparently had a tall person in front of me as the same head is in all of my photos.

Once Wishes was over I realized that watching from the spot I chose was a bit of a mistake. I wanted to head to Adventureland and all of a sudden I was a salmon trying desperately to swim upstream against the current of hundreds of people headed to the exit. It was extremely slow going. I did manage to get behind a husband and wife for a bit that were headed to Tomorrowland. He was a pretty big guy and cleared the way nicely. But when they branched off to the right and I headed left I was back to struggling forward on my own. Next time I will watch near the area I want to head in so I don’t have to deal with that mess!

I was headed to see my beloved Tiki birds but then I got side tracked by the fact that there was no line for the magic carpets. I’ve never ridden them so I decided I needed to remedy that.

Luckily the camels were turned off on this trip. I have quite the history of getting spit on by them.

I had a carpet all to myself which meant I didn’t quite get the full effect since the person in the front controls the up and down motion while the person in the back controls the rocking motion. Oh well, at least I can now say I rode them!

Up Next: MK at Night Is My Happy Place

I headed to see the Tiki birds next. It was weird because they still had the sound from the pre-show but the whole area was closed off with construction walls.

I only took one picture inside then I got caught up in the show.

I sat with a couple and despite the fact that she had been at WDW many times this was her first time to see the Tiki Room. I was quite relieved to find out she liked it, I think I might have been personally affronted if she didn’t!

I was hoping to catch a second ride on Pirates but it was getting a little too close to the end of my HM FP+ so I headed that way.

It turns out that I didn’t really need the FP+ as there was not much of a line but I did enjoy hearing the spooky sound that happens when you scan your MB. I didn’t do too badly with photos this time around.

I headed on into Fantasyland I think with the intention of riding Peter Pan but I guess the line was too long for my taste. I did stop to try some more artsy photos.

And also took some night photos of the Mine Train which still hadn’t opened at this point and the Beast’s castle.

I decided to go Under the Sea with my favorite Mermaid but got a little side tracked on the way as there was a PP photographer along the path.

Up Next: How Are Things in the Human World?

After the quick photo shoot in front of Eric’s Castle I headed in for a ride through Ariel’s story. I’m pretty sure it was a walk on and I went extremely crazy with the photos this time. Guess I was trying to make up for the lack of photos from the first two days due to the rain.

I tried to capture the “going under the sea” part but the pictures really don’t do it justice.

Darling it’s better down where it’s wetter……

Kiss the Girl…….

Happily ever after…..

When I exited the ride I noticed that the wait to meet Ariel was only 10 minutes. Well, I was wearing my Little Mermaid shirt so I thought why not and got in line. For those of you that know me, you will understand how big of a step for me this is. The face characters have always scared me a bit because I get nervous and don’t know what to say to them. This would be the first time I would be meeting a face character by myself.

I had very little time to get nervous though because there was only one family in front of me so I was meeting Ariel before I knew it. As you can see by the first picture I apparently had quite the conversation with her. I know she immediately complemented me on my shirt and then asked how things were out in the human world. I think I said something stupid like it was hot and crowded. But at least I finally got the courage to go it alone!

Up Next: A Little Time With Belle

When I left Ariel I decided to backtrack to Enchanted Tales with Belle. There was no line at all when I went by before and there still was no line. I had seen the show one time and thought it was cute but nothing mind blowing. I decided to give it another try since there was no line.

I ended up just missing a show, there was only three people ahead of me in line. I did get to check out the first room a bit more than last time.

I ended up waiting about 10 minutes for the next show and it was a smaller group that got lead in. It was right at midnight at this point. I’m pretty sure I could have gotten a part if I wanted but that’s just not my thing. But first we had to go through the enchanted mirror from Maurice’s work shop. I still think this is an amazing special effect.

Another awesome special effect is the Wardrobe in the next room. It amazes me how lifelike they made her.

And yet even a third piece of awesomeness is Lumiere.

Once Belle comes in though, I kind of loose interest in the whole thing. The little play they do is kind of disjointed and seems a little rushed.

Basically they reenact the story of how Belle ends up in the Beast’s castle. The little girl in this picture is playing the Beast.

I will say this little guy that played Chip was absolutely adorable. He was just so excited to meet Belle.

All of the above pictures were mine but there is a PP photographer during the show and I did grab a card on the way out. Let me see if I can find a few good ones to share from that. I think my pictures are just as good if not better than some of the PP pictures. I mean, look at this one.

Oh, here’s a cute one of the Beast scaring Belle.

I couldn’t get enough of this little guy:

Oh here’s a good one where you can actually see Belle really well. I think this little girl played Mrs. Potts.

And of course Mr. Adorable himself.

Hmmmmm, I’ve got room for one more picture. Oh, here’s one of the unsuspecting dads that got picked to be the Suites of Armor.

Despite no line, the whole experience took about 20 minutes and I think it will be the last time I see ETWB for a while. I do love the special effects but the rest of it just leaves me wanting.

Up Next: Bouncing, Flying and Driving

My next stop was to walk on Winnie the Pooh. I have not seen any of the movies and have never really been a fan of Pooh but I still love this ride. Especially the room where you bounce with Tiger. EMHs were in full force now and a CM scanned my magic band at every ride from here on out before letting me in line.

Here comes my Honey Pot.

I do still miss Mr. Toad though. I can’t wait to experience that one when I head to Disneyland in 2016.

Time to bounce!

It always amuses me when I take someone new on this ride and we hit the Heffalump room. People’s reactions to the weird psychedelic vibe is sometimes funny.

I headed into Storybook Circus next and walked onto one of my favorite rides, Dumbo! No WDW trip is complete for me without a flight with my favorite Elephant.

Since I had ridden the Magic Carpets for the first time ever I decided that another first was in order on this night. Well I’m pretty sure I rode this one at one time but have no memory of doing so. What is this ride you ask? Why the Tomorrowland Speedway of course!

I got a red car:

Oh my gosh this ride was funny at 12:45 am! These cars do not steer well at all and I kept “wrecking” into the center bar that keeps you on the track. I ended up giggling the whole way around. I really enjoyed the ride and would definitely go on again someday if the line isn’t too long.

I headed to Space Mountain next but for some reason it still had a ½ hour wait even though everything else besides Peter Pan was a walk on. I skipped this time and headed to Buzz only to find it was down. It was almost 1:00 am at this point and I was getting a little delirious so I decided to call it a night. I did stop for one last set of PP pictures on the way out.

And then I followed the rest of the weary guests towards the exit.

Do you see something odd in the middle of that picture? Your eyes are not deceiving you. There WERE some ducks just waddling along with the crowd.

I stopped in the Confectionary to pick up the mug I had seen earlier for Mom. She got this for Mother’s Day along with the change purse and nightshirt I had bought the day before.

I headed out to find a huge line for the buses. I ended up getting on the second one that came so I think it was around 1:45 – 2:00 am before I made it back to the room. I was starving at that point so I scarfed a few of the Oreo Bon Bons and then collapsed into bed.

One more picture for this update. While Jim traded for a ton of pins (none of which I got pictures of) I only managed to find three during the weekend. I really need to try harder in October.

Up Next: An Ugly Last Day

I have zero pictures from the last day. I woke up pretty tired and to a sullen and sulky husband. We packed up and took our bags over to the check in about an hour before our DME time. There was no one there at all so we had our boarding passes and bags checked in no time. We found a bench near the DME stop to crash on. A bus pulled up but we knew it wasn’t ours because we were a half hour early. But the bus driver said he had room so we hoped on.

The bus was pretty much empty and we were sitting apart from the other passengers so Jim decided it was time to tell me off for the previous night. Now neither one of us are yellers, we usually argue in pretty rational tones so we did not disturb anyone around us. He said he thought I was extremely selfish to go back to MK while leaving him in the room. He said I knew I would be back in five months and I could have done all of that stuff then. Well I never backed down from him because I thought he was being pretty selfish for wanting me to sit in the room all night when I could have been at MK. This trip was supposed to be a solo one for me and I changed a ton of stuff around to accommodate him. Spending time at night at MK was one thing I didn’t want to compromise on. In the end we agreed to disagree on that one because we both thought we were right. So what do you think, was it selfish of me to leave him in the room? One thing I do know is that it will be a while before I take him back to Disney. I think three times in one year (even though he didn’t go to any parks during the February trip) was just way too much for someone who is not a big fan. I am currently planning a trip for February 2015 to do Sea World, Universal and Legoland. Jim has complained nonstop about it even though I know he wants to go to Legoland. I’ve almost cancelled several times but I really want to see the new Harry Potter stuff. Hopefully it will go OK once we get there.

Our flight was uneventful, I half dozed the whole way. We picked up the babies from the boarders and headed home where I did some laundry then hit the bed early.

So that is finally the end of this TR. Thank you so much for sticking it out with me through this whole thing. Sorry the ending was so depressing. Now I can concentrate on finishing the one from February. I really want to get that one done before my October trip! If you haven’t had a chance to join in on that one, the link is in my signature.

Wow, you really powered through to complete this TR!

You really did get soaked on Pirates, crazy!

Can't say no to a little Country Bears!

Glad BOG lunch was so great.

Love the pluto quarter!

Definitely sounds like Jim wasn't holding up well! The monorail situation looks awful.

Sorry your meal was disappointing :( And that Jim wasn't okay with spending the evening at MK. I'm glad you still were able to go, even if he wasn't too happy about it.

Your firework pictures came out so nice!

I'm glad you took the leap and met a face character alone! Very cute pics :)

Omg those ducks on Main Street!

I don't think it was selfish of you. It was your trip too and just because he didn't want to go shouldn't mean you couldn't either, especially if he knew you were looking forward to it. Hopefully the February Orlando trip will be fine!

You are close to your trip with Mom, so exciting!! :banana:

I still think it's such a bummer that we never ran into each other, especially since I now know that I definitely DID see Jim outside of Be Our Guest. And after reading about your whole day, we probably passed each other at least five times. :(

Ya know, it's funny... I've been reading about how crowded it was that day in a few TRs, but somehow I didn't even notice or care because of the weather finally being amazing! Haha I guess that's a good thing though.

Good job meeting a face character by yourself! And Ariel, excellent choice. :)

I'm sorry the trip ended on a sour note. Not that it matters, but I agree with you here. Non-Disney people just don't get how much it means to us, no matter how frequently we may get to go. Anyways, I hope it was a good trip all-in-all. Hopefully one of these days we'll be there at the same time again!

That's a load of updates you've just done to complete this TR. Well done!!!

Your pictures turned out great and it looks like you got through a ton of rides in your last night at MK. Given how much you managed to get done, you definitely did the right thing for you.
Personally, if it were me, I would have (and have) done exactly the same thing. There are lots of things that DH and I don't agree on and lots of things that we want to do that the other doesn't want to do. And that's life in general; not just when we're at WDW. We try not to let our personal preferences get in the way of what the other wants to do. Sorry that the trip ended on a bad note. :flower3:

WOW that is one finish!

I skipped It's a Small World update. ;)

Great character interaction pictures -- Merida, Peter Pan, etc.

You got quite a bit done despite the heat.

Kona was my favorite meal during the girls June trip and I'm trying to find a spot for it for Mark and I in 10 days.

I don't think you were wrong in going by yourself...I would have done the same thing. And look at all you got done! You really accomplished a lot with no waits and got some great PP pictures as well. And I'm glad you went and saw Ariel all by yourself.

Now, I think I'm going to take a page from your book and go finish typing my TR in word and get it all posted...I still have so much to do before our trip. :scared1:

Wow, you really powered through to complete this TR!

Yeah I was so tired of writing two I just wanted one of them done!

You really did get soaked on Pirates, crazy!

It was weird but I don't think that unusual now with the new boats. Sitting in the front seat is now a bit risky!

Can't say no to a little Country Bears!

I would never say no to that!

Glad BOG lunch was so great.

I really enjoyed my turkey sandwich and can't wait to have it again in December. And of course we can't forget the cupcake!

Love the pluto quarter!

Thanks, I'm really glad Jim spotted it and had the change I needed to get it.

Definitely sounds like Jim wasn't holding up well! The monorail situation looks awful.

Yeah he was very done by that point and the monorail being a mess did not help his attitude.

Sorry your meal was disappointing :( And that Jim wasn't okay with spending the evening at MK. I'm glad you still were able to go, even if he wasn't too happy about it.

I was so looking forward to Kona but it really was my own fault. I should have never ordered Duck, should have stuck with the steak which was much safer for me with my pickyness. As for Jim well, I wasn't all that surprised.

Your firework pictures came out so nice!

They weren't too bad although I've gotten better ones closer to the castle.

I'm glad you took the leap and met a face character alone! Very cute pics :)

It was fun to do. I still get so nervous around them, no idea why. I'll get lots of practice in October because we have lunch at CRT and a FP+ for A & E.

Omg those ducks on Main Street!

They were just so cute! And very amusing to me too since it was 1 am at that point.

I don't think it was selfish of you. It was your trip too and just because he didn't want to go shouldn't mean you couldn't either, especially if he knew you were looking forward to it. Hopefully the February Orlando trip will be fine!

Thanks, it was a rough ending. I do hope that February goes better. I'm trying not to plan every minute of the day so we can have some breaks. That's pretty hard for me though!

You are close to your trip with Mom, so exciting!! :banana:

30 days and counting!!

I still think it's such a bummer that we never ran into each other, especially since I now know that I definitely DID see Jim outside of Be Our Guest. And after reading about your whole day, we probably passed each other at least five times. :(

Yeah, next time we will have to plan something more solid! It was pretty crowded that day so we could have walked right past each other. I'm not the most observant person either so it would have been easy for me to miss you.

Ya know, it's funny... I've been reading about how crowded it was that day in a few TRs, but somehow I didn't even notice or care because of the weather finally being amazing! Haha I guess that's a good thing though.

I probably wouldn't have noticed too much either except I had a complainer reminding me every few minutes!

Good job meeting a face character by yourself! And Ariel, excellent choice. :)

Thanks! She was definitely the right choice considering the shirt I was wearing.

I'm sorry the trip ended on a sour note. Not that it matters, but I agree with you here. Non-Disney people just don't get how much it means to us, no matter how frequently we may get to go. Anyways, I hope it was a good trip all-in-all. Hopefully one of these days we'll be there at the same time again!

Yeah, he just doesn't get it and after this trip I don't think he ever will. I really think the only reason he agreed to go with me was for the Lego Store. Maybe I should have planned that for the last day so he still had something to look forward too! I do hope we can meet up someday!

That's a load of updates you've just done to complete this TR. Well done!!!

Thanks! I was just tired of writing two at once and decided to just get this one over with. I really wasn't looking forward to writing the last part so doing it all at once was kind of like ripping a band aid off quickly.

Your pictures turned out great and it looks like you got through a ton of rides in your last night at MK. Given how much you managed to get done, you definitely did the right thing for you.

Yeah it was the right thing for me but maybe not the best choice for peace in my relationship. I'd still do it again though, I wasn't missing that time at MK for anything!

Personally, if it were me, I would have (and have) done exactly the same thing. There are lots of things that DH and I don't agree on and lots of things that we want to do that the other doesn't want to do. And that's life in general; not just when we're at WDW. We try not to let our personal preferences get in the way of what the other wants to do. Sorry that the trip ended on a bad note. :flower3:

Jim and I fight so rarely that it's extra hard when we do. But we also get over stuff quickly and move on. I just won't be taking him back to Disney for at least three or four years.

WOW that is one finish!

Yes it was I was determined to get one finished!

I skipped It's a Small World update. ;)

No problem I totally understand. :rotfl:

Great character interaction pictures -- Merida, Peter Pan, etc.

We had some really great character meets that morning.

You got quite a bit done despite the heat.

I really didn't think it was that hot. I think Jim was just cranky at that point and was complaining about everything.

Kona was my favorite meal during the girls June trip and I'm trying to find a spot for it for Mark and I in 10 days.

I hope you find a spot! I think I would have enjoyed it more if I would have stuck to a safer dish.

I don't think you were wrong in going by yourself...I would have done the same thing. And look at all you got done! You really accomplished a lot with no waits and got some great PP pictures as well. And I'm glad you went and saw Ariel all by yourself.

I really did get a lot done and have no regrets. I'd do it all over again even knowing I would get lectured about it!

Now, I think I'm going to take a page from your book and go finish typing my TR in word and get it all posted...I still have so much to do before our trip. :scared1:

I still haven't made it over there to catch up. Every time I think I'm caught up at work something else comes up. I will get there eventually I promise!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter