ROFR Thread January to March 2018 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
We passed!!! This is our first resale contract and I think we got a great deal.

DPiedade---$92-24840-270-AKV-Feb-0/17, 301/18, 270/19-sent 3/1, passed 3/14

We are paying 2018 maintenance fee at closing and we are paying closing costs. I think us paying the maintenance fee at closing is what prevented them from taking it.
Congratulations!!! :yay::rainbow: I think you got a great deal too!!
No one knows what they take into consideration when passing or buying but I don't think that would have an affect either way.

Looks as if ROFR is having some movement today... fingers crossed I find out something soon.... :charac2::rolleyes1

We passed!!! This is our first resale contract and I think we got a great deal.

DPiedade---$92-24840-270-AKV-Feb-0/17, 301/18, 270/19-sent 3/1, passed 3/14

We are paying 2018 maintenance fee at closing and we are paying closing costs. I think us paying the maintenance fee at closing is what prevented them from taking it.

Congrats on the deal. It's typical for the buyer to reimburse maintenance fees for available points, so nothing unusual there.

We were among the first to have Disney take our Poly contract -- it was simply too good of a deal. So, we got back on the horse:

Rob Huff---$134-$21640-150-PVB-Dec-82/17, 150/18, 150/19- sent 2/28

This post is way more fun than the last results post:

Rob Huff---$134-$21640-150-PVB-Dec-82/17, 150/18, 150/19- sent 2/28, PASSED 3/14

Thanks again to everyone on here for your kind words when our last contract got poached -- it genuinely made the process of trying again much more tolerable.

This post is way more fun than the last results post:

Rob Huff---$134-$21640-150-PVB-Dec-82/17, 150/18, 150/19- sent 2/28, PASSED 3/14

Thanks again to everyone on here for your kind words when our last contract got poached -- it genuinely made the process of trying again much more tolerable.

Congrats, Rob! Enjoy Spring Break next year!

Has anyone had Disney take the full 30 days for ROFR? We sent our contract on 2/15, tomorrow will be 29 days and the resale company keeps telling me it is still at ROFR? It seems everyone that sent after us has heard back by now.

Has anyone had Disney take the full 30 days for ROFR? We sent our contract on 2/15, tomorrow will be 29 days and the resale company keeps telling me it is still at ROFR? It seems everyone that sent after us has heard back by now.

32 days for one of my contracts. There is no real 30 day limit; they just have to decide before your closing date.

That said, I'd probably ping your broker just to make sure they're on top of it.

DaveNan---$108-$12115-100-BWV-Oct-100/17, 100/18, 100/19- sent 3/13

I am more nervous about this one.
Good luck with this one. We almost put in a offer for it. Really wanted the Oct 150 pt ones. We did end up putting a offer in for the March 150pt contract that was listed as BCV instead of BWV. Now the waiting game. We signed the contract last night.

Good luck with this one. We almost put in a offer for it. Really wanted the Oct 150 pt ones. We did end up putting a offer in for the March 150pt contract that was listed as BCV instead of BWV. Now the waiting game. We signed the contract last night.
That was a BWV contract, wasn’t it?! Ha! I knew it was too good to be true!

My first resale purchase was last year. It was sent 4/13 and we didn’t hear back until 6/5. There were special circumstances where the seller had to provide additional information regarding their ability to sell - Disney would not respond until they did that. You will see it in the Passed list under VGF that includes April. The transaction overall took a good bit of time. We actually closed 7/28. I found that I needed to follow up a lot and might recommend you do the same. I have since purchased another contract and am purchasing another now. Those are with a different company and my experience for those two transactions has been consistent but very different from the first one. Things are moving along quickly and I have had no need to follow up.

Mine also took over 30 days. I submitted last 8/2 and heard 9/16. We did however have a delayed closing in Oct. I am not convinced the offer actually went to Disney on 8/2 and FL also had a hurricane in early Sept. At that time, most contract were spending 3 weeks in rofr and we went 6 weeks. It was a long six weeks with many calls and posts. There are 2 schools of thoughts around the 30 days. Some say "30 days is a guideline and Disney have up to that date listed in the contract for closing" others say "after 30 days they have waived the right". Since we finally passed, we never found out which "team" is right. So I felt your pain. :badpc:

Not that this helps, but I looked through the recent quarters (versions) of this thread. You never know how accurate the "sent" and "taken" days are, but I found several in the 29-32 day range and one up around 40 days. I was looking at the taken contracts, because the question is, "Can they still take them after 30 days?"

That was a BWV contract, wasn’t it?! Ha! I knew it was too good to be true!
Yep. LOL I knew that also but I called anyway. Since the other 150 BWV had offers already we decided to put in a offer for that one since no one knew it yet.

Having a similar problem. Ours has been out for a few weeks now, broker says it is not back yet. I have seen plenty of other ones get sent and waived in the time that ours has been pending.

Some say "30 days is a guideline and Disney have up to that date listed in the contract for closing" others say "after 30 days they have waived the right".
Can they still take them after 30 days?

It's actually very clear in the condo declaration. They have until the closing date to decide. The closing date must be no fewer than 30 days after the submission date.

In other words, you have to specify a closing date at least 30 days out, and then they can take as long as they want up to that date.

If this helps any, last year I bought a contract from a seller that had 2. Both were done at the exact same time, both sent at the exact same time, the other contract passed in less than 10 days while mine took almost the full 30 days. Same company, same broker, same everything... there really is no telling why or how they "do the things they do." I am waiting as well... hoping, that with all these quick responses and LOTS of passes.. I will hear something tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter