ROFR Thread January to March 2019 *PLEASE SEE FIRST POST FOR INSTRUCTIONS & FORMATTING TOOL*

Status
Not open for further replies.
We own at AKV and were looking for a small BWV contract for our grown-ups only trips. I suppose I could have counter offered on the price per point, but we just went with asking (really, saving $100 or $200 was less important than getting the contract we wanted; also, I caught my husband in a moment of weakness and didn't want to discuss it for fear of losing him. He wanted to buy a building for some pipe dream of owning a vintage motorcycle showroom where people come and talk about bikes. I convinced him it wasn't a sound retirement plan and then countered with, what if we spend a fraction of that so we can always stay at BW during FWF?)

k_hase---$139-$4171-25-BWV-Dec-0/17, 0/18, 25/19, 25/20- sent 2/10, passed 3/4

I like the way you think about retirement plans!

We own at AKV and were looking for a small BWV contract for our grown-ups only trips. I suppose I could have counter offered on the price per point, but we just went with asking (really, saving $100 or $200 was less important than getting the contract we wanted; also, I caught my husband in a moment of weakness and didn't want to discuss it for fear of losing him. He wanted to buy a building for some pipe dream of owning a vintage motorcycle showroom where people come and talk about bikes. I convinced him it wasn't a sound retirement plan and then countered with, what if we spend a fraction of that so we can always stay at BW during FWF?)

k_hase---$139-$4171-25-BWV-Dec-0/17, 0/18, 25/19, 25/20- sent 2/10, passed 3/4

LOL we just did almost exactly that! Have owned at BLT for 5 years and when restrictions were announced I showed DH how much it would cost us to stay at BCV or BWV for F&W in retirement with and without buying. (We just recently had adults only stay at BW and it was first time he was in that area for any length of time). Decided on BCV for ease of renting until we go every year. We just passed ROFR after losing the pre-restriction contract. Just went with asking also.
I think it’s a very sound retirement plan! :cool1:

i have had my first 2 attempts at Resale taken. Broker is trying to convince me with email, stats, etc. that I am pricing low and that's why they are getting ROFR'd. I told him I have seen plenty on the boards that have passed (AKV $100 to $110) in a lower price range, and he said "beware of what you read on the boards....we have 3000 sale in the past month, so our numbers are solid".....that may be, but I still think it is luck of the draw, and perhaps a little about the use year we went for (feb or March)

Defintely agree. We've watched the drunken monkey far too long... The strategy of offering what you feel is a fair deal on a contract you feel fits your desires and throwing the dice is by far the best you can do these days.

I would also, throw out the new restrictions on all resale contracts, and how this has devalued all contracts, especially PVB and CCV after all the 2042 resorts are gone. This restriction was pretty severe and affects all contracts sold resale now.

I think use year is a big part of it too. Disney seems to focus on certain use years at time, and February and March have been ROFR'ed a lot lately.

i have had my first 2 attempts at Resale taken. Broker is trying to convince me with email, stats, etc. that I am pricing low and that's why they are getting ROFR'd. I told him I have seen plenty on the boards that have passed (AKV $100 to $110) in a lower price range, and he said "beware of what you read on the boards....we have 3000 sale in the past month, so our numbers are solid".....that may be, but I still think it is luck of the draw, and perhaps a little about the use year we went for (feb or March)
I think you're on to something with the Use Year. I tried Feb twice and they both were taking. Currently waiting to see if a contract with a June UY will go through. Interesting though what your broker said. I asked mine about offering more than asking, and he didn't think it was necessary at all.

We are day 23. I'm starting to feel discouraged. If you're going to take it, just tell me already so I can find a new contract....
I'm in the same boat! I keep seeing other contracts pop up that I'd love to make an offer on, but I have to keep telling myself there's a chance the drunken monkey might not take the one I currently have out there.

I think you're on to something with the Use Year. I tried Feb twice and they both were taking. Currently waiting to see if a contract with a June UY will go through. Interesting though what your broker said. I asked mine about offering more than asking, and he didn't think it was necessary at all.
Since some of you have been mentioning Use Year (and because I'm horribly unmotivated to do any of the work I'm actually paid to do this afternoon), I ran a quick little analysis on the contracts reported on page 1 of this thread.

Here are the pass rates for the WDW resorts (I ignored all contracts that are still waiting. This is just the contracts that have either passed or been taken. I also ignored VB, HHI, and VGC).

Pass Rates by Use Year

Feb: 48% (13 passed, 14 taken)
Mar: 75% (6 passed, 2 taken)
Apr: 90% (9 passed, 1 taken)
Jun: 80% (12 passed, 3 taken)
Aug: 62% (8 passed, 5 taken)
Sep: 90% (9 passed, 1 taken)
Oct: 69% (11 passed, 5 taken)
Dec: 77% (24 passed, 7 taken)

It appears that February and October Use Years are at a significant disadvantage in ROFR (though these are fairly small sample sizes, so don't read into them too much)

Pass Rates by Resort

PVB: 100% (10 passed, 0 taken)
OKW: 100% (3 passed, 0 taken)
SSR: 77% (17 passed, 5 taken)
AKV: 76% (25 passed, 8 taken)
BWV: 74% (14 passed, 5 taken)
BLT: 58% (14 passed, 10 taken)
VGF: 56% (5 passed, 4 taken)
BCV: 40% (4 passed, 6 taken)

Doesn't look too promising for my Feb UY BLT contract :rotfl:

If this one doesn't pass I'm going to keep trying for a Feb BLT contract. I travel in either Feb, April, July or Aug so Feb is the best UY for me. Don't think I'll budge from BLT either.

Since some of you have been mentioning Use Year (and because I'm horribly unmotivated to do any of the work I'm actually paid to do this afternoon), I ran a quick little analysis on the contracts reported on page 1 of this thread.

Here are the pass rates for the WDW resorts (I ignored all contracts that are still waiting. This is just the contracts that have either passed or been taken. I also ignored VB, HHI, and VGC).

Pass Rates by Use Year

Feb: 48% (13 passed, 14 taken)
Mar: 75% (6 passed, 2 taken)
Apr: 90% (9 passed, 1 taken)
Jun: 80% (12 passed, 3 taken)
Aug: 62% (8 passed, 5 taken)
Sep: 90% (9 passed, 1 taken)
Oct: 69% (11 passed, 5 taken)
Dec: 77% (24 passed, 7 taken)

It appears that February and October Use Years are at a significant disadvantage in ROFR (though these are fairly small sample sizes, so don't read into them too much)

Pass Rates by Resort

PVB: 100% (10 passed, 0 taken)
OKW: 100% (3 passed, 0 taken)
SSR: 77% (17 passed, 5 taken)
AKV: 76% (25 passed, 8 taken)
BWV: 74% (14 passed, 5 taken)
BLT: 58% (14 passed, 10 taken)
VGF: 56% (5 passed, 4 taken)
BCV: 40% (4 passed, 6 taken)

What I've noticed is the point spread - most of them are NOT loaded - not even full points for this UY. Do you feel like doing THAT analysis? lol.

Signed,
Also has plenty of paid work to do

Doesn't look too promising for my Feb UY BLT contract :rotfl:

If this one doesn't pass I'm going to keep trying for a Feb BLT contract. I travel in either Feb, April, July or Aug so Feb is the best UY for me. Don't think I'll budge from BLT either.
BLT specifically has had a 50% pass rate for February Use Year (5 passed, 5 taken).

There hasn't been any bias toward any particular Use Year except December for BLT. There have been 3 BLT December contracts and all of them were taken. Don't lose heart just yet!

What I've noticed is the point spread - most of them are NOT loaded - not even full points for this UY. Do you feel like doing THAT analysis? lol.

Signed,
Also has plenty of paid work to do

Mine is low price June and loaded. I foresee no problems passing with this ROFR trifecta!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter