Roseanne back

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have to agree that I don't understand why it was "classless"? Or is this just a case of :snooty:? It was a sitcom for crying out loud, nothing more, nothing less. You want classless, try some of the junk on TV now, like 98% of "reality" TV shows.

I don't really know anything about Roseanne's off camera life or personality, I don't follow Hollywood gossip whatsoever. I liked the show, so I'll at least check out the new one to see if it's any good. If it's not, I'll move on.

I'll watch only if they bring back Shelley Winters as her grandmother.

Roseanne-3-24.jpg

Thank goodness, the show won't be coming back then!

https://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GRid=13021175

I heard this morning that the entire cast is back for the 'reboot', including John Goodman as well as both Beckys. I was not a regular viewer of the original, although I caught a fair amount of episodes, but I might watch the first one this time around to see how they write this storyline.

That being said, TV is becoming more and more like movies - in other words, very little new stuff, just 'reboots' and remakes of old shows. It's kind of annoying.

I heard this morning that the entire cast is back for the 'reboot', including John Goodman as well as both Beckys. I was not a regular viewer of the original, although I caught a fair amount of episodes, but I might watch the first one this time around to see how they write this storyline.

That being said, TV is becoming more and more like movies - in other words, very little new stuff, just 'reboots' and remakes of old shows. It's kind of annoying.

I agree about remakes, generally a remake isn't nearly as good as the original. Like the movie "Footloose" when they remade that one. And now I see they are doing a remake of "Dirty Dancing." No, just no! You can't improve on perfection. You can't replace Patrick Swayze and Jennifer Gray. Now if the new Roseanne had a whole new cast of characters I don't think I would even want to watch it, but since the original people are coming back, then yes, I want to see it. I'm looking forward to seeing what's new with all of them. But I do hope they write in in a down-to-earth way and not the bizarre way they wrote the last season/episode.

I'm really excited about this. I enjoyed Rosanne when it was on, and seeing it in reruns now as a parent makes me appreciate it even more. It's like the Simpsons... I know people talk about how "classless" it is or about what bad values it has, but both shows to me actually have some of the best family values on TV. Real parents who really love their kids and try to help them do the best they can in life.

I wonder how they will use John Goodmans character since he died on the show?

Will and Grace is also coming back in the fall.

Thank goodness, the show won't be coming back then!

https://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GRid=13021175

Yeah, I'm well aware that Shelly Winters died some time ago.

I started watching Roseanne maybe halfway thru the second season, and got tired of it partway thru the second-to-last season.

I still occasionally catch some reruns, but skip anything from the last season.

No interest whatsoever is seeing new episodes.

We always watched it as a family when I was growing up, because we are classless like that.

I will be watching the reboot when ever it comes out. Heck, I find myself watching the reruns that they seem to always be playing these days. As someone else said up thread, they were real.

Anyone see the reboot of One Day at a Time? Different as it's not the same family but similar.

OMG the grandmother is horrible. Just horrible. I watch part of the season and that was it.

Roseanne is my all-time favorite sitcom! I'm really wondering how they're going to bring my favorite character back.. Dan Dan the Drywall Man!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter