Roseanne back

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm really, really going to miss Mark. He was such a great character! And so was Roseanne's mother (and grandmother!).

Both Becky's even.

So David and Mark are missing. Johnny Galecki is a little busy with another small (lol) show and Glenn Quinn passed away several years ago.

Estelle Parsons (Bev) is 89 now so I'm not sure how she is doing.

Oh yes, David! Will miss him, but do understand why he isn't there. :)

The kid who played Mark died? I didn't know that. :(

Have you guys seen the pics from the first table read of the reboot?? Exciting!! :yay:

22519242_2036553543281232_7537437101383924672_n.jpg

22489883_2036553549947898_6124688847298528975_n.jpg
Nice to see Johnny Galecki there. :) And awww, DJ grew up to be cute!

Both Becky's even.

So David and Mark are missing. Johnny Galecki is a little busy with another small (lol) show and Glenn Quinn passed away several years ago.

Johnny Galecki is sitting in the group not at the table.

Yes, in the pinkish shirt.

I'm so glad he was able to come back!! :)

Wonder why he isn't sitting AT the table though.

I am really looking forward to this show. I am not expecting to like it as much as the original "Roseanne" but still hope it's good.

Both Becky's even.

ETA-Johnny Galecki is in the photo sitting in the row of chairs.

Estelle Parsons was in a couple of episodes of Netflix's Grace & Frankie fairly recently.. she's still kicking!

I have been very pleased w/ Will and Grace so far, and even though I get the point about tiresome rehashes, call me a sucker for nostalgia! I am looking forward to watching Roseanne as well :)

Interesting. I love the Middle and can't stand Roseanne. It always seemed to have an agenda to me. The Middle seems much lighter.

Wouldn't say I ever noticed an agenda, but that's just me. For me I think the difference is that while both families are a mess, Frankie seems to WANT to be better even if she can't figure it out.

I agree about The Middle being similar. However the Connor's were grittier. I think they probably earned less than the Hecks but the Hecks are just lazier. Both Roseanne and Dan had a darker past that came through at times vs Mike and Frankie with the exception of the loss of Mike's mom.

The show did deal with some serious issues in a very well done manner - layoffs at a small town, big employer factory, child abuse, abusive relationships.

I never saw any agenda on Roseanne. And to me they were just so much more normal than most families.

Last edited:
Wouldn't say I ever noticed an agenda, but that's just me.

I never saw any agenda on Roseanne.

Agenda? I never noticed that either. What agenda?

I never noticed an agenda either.

Hmmm. This has got me thinking. Maybe there was an agenda and I was just blind to it. If this is true, I need to find a way to get back to the TV viewer I used to be. I like agenda-free TV and lately it's seems harder to come by.

Have you guys seen the pics from the first table read of the reboot?? Exciting!! :yay:

22519242_2036553543281232_7537437101383924672_n.jpg

22489883_2036553549947898_6124688847298528975_n.jpg
Holy Cow!! How long has it been since I saw John Goodman in anything? :eek: It looks like he's down at least 100 lbs. I won't watch the new show (just not into today's sitcoms) but I've always enjoyed John Goodman's other work. :thumbsup2

Wouldn't say I ever noticed an agenda, but that's just me. For me I think the difference is that while both families are a mess, Frankie seems to WANT to be better even if she can't figure it out.
Yeah, I see that. Maybe agenda wasn't the right word. Sometimes Roseanne liked to tackle social issues. The Middle steers clear of that. I watch tv to escape and laugh so I prefer the Middle's approach.

It may just be the Roseanne does me in though whereas I like Patricia Heaton. Even Roseanne's voice irritates me.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter