• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

RotR Planning & Daily Boarding Group Discussion - *CLOSED*

Status
Not open for further replies.
If the plan for EMH is true tomorrow then if you’re on a ride at 8am you aren’t getting in a BG. If you don’t want to ride RoTR then you’ll have the park to yourself at that time!

Yes, we have annual passes and guest services said that these park hoppers could be transferred to anyone or saved for later.

I feel your pain! We will be there the first full week in January, and our DHS days were planned as morning of Jan 7 and evening of Jan 10. Our trip was originally supposed to be the week of Halloween, so I’ve been following the crowds/wait times/ touring patterns for SWGE/DHS for months, and then we had to reschedule for January and I had to start our touring plans from scratch. Just the last 3 days have made me think our HS strategy has to be completely revamped or even abandoned! Maybe just explain the situation to your daughter and her boyfriend, and then they can make their decision the night before based on the posted hours and when DHS has been letting people in the few days before that ...of course, it’s difficult to gauge early January off of the days leading up to it, because that’s the Christmas-to-New Years week and it’s probably not the most accurate representation of crowds and opening times for most of the rest of January!

We WERE going to rope-drop SR on Jan 7 and then move on to our FP, droid depot res, and then Epcot after lunch. Jan 10 was going to be evening FP and then getting in line for RotR shortly before park closing, but if BG are still in play at that point, that strategy won’t work for RotR. Our kids will be 9 and thisclose to 7 on our trip, and as much as they love Star Wars, there is just zero chance we’re going to be able to get them up and over to the gates at DHS before 6 am to get a RotR BG. Even 7 am is probably unrealistic! I’ve already been prepping them that they may not get to ride it on this trip, though obviously I hope that’s not how it turns out.

Thank you to everyone who is reporting back here so far on their RotR experience, and please keep it up! I feel like I’m going to have to read this thread every day between now and our first DHS day just to figure out how we’re going to tackle this...We happened to already have a trip scheduled for 1 month after Pandora opened at AK in 2017, and while we arrived slightly earlier than our usual rope drop timing, it definitely was nothing like the strategic planning required for this!
I am as well planning for early January. Originally I had all my FP+ starting around noon. Back when I booked I assumed I would be doing RD and waiting in RotR queue all morning.

I changed my strategy today after following this thread (have been keeping up by reading it multiple times a day since Friday). It must have been on my mind while sleeping!😁 I have now moved all my FP+ reservations to early morning. If there are still BG, I can work that around my FP+ reservations. If it moves to waiting in a line, I will try and move all the FP+ reservations while in line.

That's my thoughts right now, but as with any plan, stay fluid and adapt. 🤗

For but those using Uber/Lyft. What is the best place to be dropped off for pre park opening arrival.

My HS days currently show an 8:00am opening. If I’d like to arrive sometime between 5:00 and 6:00, would it be best to get dropped off directly at HS? Has the parking lot been open to Uber/Lyft at this time of the morning? Or is Boardwalk the better option? TIA!

For but those using Uber/Lyft. What is the best place to be dropped off for pre park opening arrival.

My HS days currently show an 8:00am opening. If I’d like to arrive sometime between 5:00 and 6:00, would it be best to get dropped off directly at HS? Has the parking lot been open to Uber/Lyft at this time of the morning? Or is Boardwalk the better option? TIA!

I can’t imagine the lot won’t be open after 5 tomorrow with an advertised 6am open since it’s been open that early the last few days anyway. But if you want to play it safe and walk a half mile, boardwalk or swan and dolphin are the best options. But if it was me I’d just go to DHS.

@yulilin3 has reported the parking lot has been open by 4:30a. Have your driver drop you off in the lot.

I can’t imagine the lot won’t be open after 5 tomorrow with an advertised 6am open since it’s been open that early the last few days anyway. But if you want to play it safe and walk a half mile, boardwalk or swan and dolphin are the best options. But if it was me I’d just go to DHS.
@yulilin3 has reported the parking lot has been open by 4:30a. Have your driver drop you off in the lot.

Thank you both for the help and good advice. HS it is!

So, as I understand it in regards to EMH and BG opening at 8 a.m. (if this holds true) tomorrow--resort guests have no benefit in terms of obtaining a BG vs. non resort guests--unless of course, they completely limit access to DHS for non resort guests until 8 a.m. (which I always thought, was not the case). Also, if you don't have MDE and are planning on relying on a CM to join a BG--you're in big trouble. I envision lines of people popping up in front of individual CMs prior to 8 a.m.--but how many people can CMs honestly be expected to assist in such a short period of time--it will be interesting to see how it all plays out!?!

So, as I understand it in regards to EMH and BG opening at 8 a.m. (if this holds true) tomorrow--resort guests have no benefit in terms of obtaining a BG vs. non resort guests--unless of course, they completely limit access to DHS for non resort guests until 8 a.m. (which I always thought, was not the case). Also, if you don't have MDE and are planning on relying on a CM to join a BG--you're in big trouble. I envision lines of people popping up in front of individual CMs prior to 8 a.m.--but how many people can CMs honestly be expected to assist in such a short period of time--it will be interesting to see how it all plays out!?!
If the system really does end up opening to all shortly after the 8am regular park hours, I think 2 things are likely:

1) The system crashes or whacks out

2) Between all of the EMH guests present plus all the non-EMH's gathering for BG access at the gate, the BGs will be distributed quicker than any other day so far. Under an hour *shrug*

Day 4 will be interesting.

Man oh man, am I glad my trip is not for 2 months. I sure hope this is all worked out by the time I go...

Sayhello
I'm nervous as heck! We're arriving Wed - Sunday, going to HS on Thurs.
We have the Sunday EMH as a back-up but need to leave by 4pm for our flight home :oops:
Even though we're hopping to MK Wed for EMH 10-midnite, we'll be at HS Thurs morning by 6:45am. Hope that works and we're able to fit in a nap that that day.

I'm nervous as heck! We're arriving Wed - Sunday, going to HS on Thurs.
We have the Sunday EMH as a back-up but need to leave by 4pm for our flight home :oops:
Even though we're hopping to MK Wed for EMH 10-midnite, we'll be at HS Thurs morning by 6:45am. Hope that works and we're able to fit in a nap that that day.
I sure hope it all works out for you! I'm only at WDW for two days, and my first day is pretty well booked up with FoP and a tour at Animal Kingdom. So I really only have the one shot...

Sayhello

I sure hope it all works out for you! I'm only at WDW for two days, and my first day is pretty well booked up with FoP and a tour at Animal Kingdom. So I really only have the one shot...

Sayhello
Thanks :D Good luck too! 2 months will give you a better idea of what to expect. Finger crossed for you.
Enjoy that tour at AK!

We decided to head there in the morning we we just got back from the AK AH event. Just hoping to get in a BG. We are checking in to the YC but have a rental car. Would you go to YC and park and go from their or park at HS and move to YC later. We are hoping to leave All Star Movies by 5:30.

We’re at OKW. Our alarm is set for 4:30 am. I have no idea what to expect tomorrow. Just hope we get to ride.

We decided to head there in the morning we we just got back from the AK AH event. Just hoping to get in a BG. We are checking in to the YC but have a rental car. Would you go to YC and park and go from their or park at HS and move to YC later. We are hoping to leave All Star Movies by 5:30.

Out of the EP resorts I’ve only stayed at BWI/BWV, but it sounds like based on the last couple of days that there is a chance there could be a backup to get into the lot at HS, and unfortunately there’s no way to know for sure ahead of time when they will definitely open the lot or how long the line will be.

On the other hand, I sincerely doubt there will be any wait to park in the YC lot at that time of day, and it’s open 24/7 if you’re a guest. The walk from BW to HS is very quick, so YC to HS is only an extra couple of minutes via the walkway by the Swan/Dolphin. I would personally probably opt to park at YC and walk over to HS, but I don’t necessarily think you’re doomed if you choose to park at HS instead.

I hope you’re able to get some sleep tonight, and good luck in the morning! I will definitely be checking into tomorrow to see what exactly happens when EMH is over at 8 am...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter