• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

RotR Planning & Daily Boarding Group Discussion - *CLOSED*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's a thought for the morning:

Allow EMH guests into the FP queue for RotR during the 6-8a window. No BG, standard lineup in FP queue. You can make sure that it is only EMH guests by scanning their ticket. This will allow them an advantage to ride by staying on site. When 8a rolls around, let the chaos begin by opening the BG to the general public. This then becomes a free-for-all for everyone. Any BG that is called while the EMH guests are still in the FP line will get placed in the standard line. Then disney alternates the two lines at their discretion to let everyone through.

Its sounds good to me on paper, but nothing every follows theory ... does it.

Gives the resort guests already in the park an advantage to join a boarding group. Many resort guests haven't had an advantage because they don't have cars or don't uber to Boardwalk and stuff like that.
But they are not allowing BGs until regular park hours. Wouldn’t it be the same if EMH was at 8am with the 9 am open? There is no point to the 6am open if they are not running RotR.

Yes which makes me question what they are actually going to do.

Taken at face value, there's no upside to tomorrow's plan. The park hours were clearly adjusted for RotR (what other reason would there be?), But the EMH guests won't be able to use those two extra hours to ride it or queue up for it. And then when the VQ opens at 8 they lose any advantage they had because everyone will be in the same mad scramble to book a BG.

The only strategy I see here is that Boarding Groups won't run out as soon as the park opens because only a fraction of the people will actually get through before the app crashes, thus artificially extending the time they're available.

Here's a thought for the morning:

Allow EMH guests into the FP queue for RotR during the 6-8a window. No BG, standard lineup in FP queue. You can make sure that it is only EMH guests by scanning their ticket. This will allow them an advantage to ride by staying on site. When 8a rolls around, let the chaos begin by opening the BG to the general public. This then becomes a free-for-all for everyone. Any BG that is called while the EMH guests are still in the FP line will get placed in the standard line. Then disney alternates the two lines at their discretion to let everyone through.

Its sounds good to me on paper, but nothing every follows theory ... does it.

The main problem I see about that is that even if it worked perfectly you'd have most of the park standing in the queue for 2 hours, spilling out of the physical queue and into Galaxy's Edge proper.

Taken at face value, there's no upside to tomorrow's plan. The park hours were clearly adjusted for RotR (what other reason would there be?), But the EMH guests won't be able to use those two extra hours to ride it or queue up for it. And then when the VQ opens at 8 they lose any advantage they had because everyone will be in the same mad scramble to book a BG.

The only strategy I see here is that Boarding Groups won't run out as soon as the park opens because only a fraction of the people will actually get through before the app crashes, thus artificially extending the time they're available.

The main problem I see about that is that even if it worked perfectly you'd have most of the park standing in the queue for 2 hours, spilling out of the physical queue and into Galaxy's Edge proper.

But why were hours adjusted for RotR two days before? Were they suddenly surprised their brand new, super-hyped attraction was popular? Nothing about this morning makes sense.

I hope you’re able to get some sleep tonight, and good luck in the morning! I will definitely be checking into tomorrow to see what exactly happens when EMH is over at 8 am...

Thank you. We only got a couple hours sleep the night before due to a 6am flight from the West Coast and not getting off the night before until 12:30AM so it’s been tough but hey we are at Disney World and isn’t this why we work anyway to pay for our Disney trips lol.

Same!!! IDK where to go first. I kinda want to see what’s going on in SWGE, but the would put us at a disadvantage for TSL. I guess we will wait and see what happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter